Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I thought the drums and riff fit really snug. I'm don't understand you people! :LOL:

Seriously though, don't you guys feel the beef that riff? It's huge!

Personally I think the riff is slightly overbearing on the rest of the track.

Forgive me but I hardly notice Chris is playing on the track at all apart from a couple of times.

I thought the drums and riff fit really snug. I'm don't understand you people! :LOL:

Seriously though, don't you guys feel the beef that riff? It's huge!

I prefer something just a little busier. Have a listen to something like Psycho Holiday (hey hey!) by Pantera, or Royal by Deftones, and I think you'll see what I mean.

And all of us wouldn't know real, heavy rock if it dropped on our heads. Thank you.

Yes, because hard rock by definition means good music :rolleyes:.

See maybe calling it a turd is a bit too much but I figured a lack of subtlety is apparently appreciated here

I'm actually really getting into Psycho. Like really into it. Even the final chorus after the bridge is growing on me. I fucking love that bridge too. Especially the faint sound of the drill sergeant shouting "I will break you" over it.

Yes, because hard rock by definition means good music :rolleyes:.

See maybe calling it a turd is a bit too much but I figured a lack of subtlety is apparently appreciated here

Maybe I should've just gone with highfalutin, complex and cerebral music. You won't find any of that in my collection.

The only good sampling they've done so far has been Monty Jam imo (if we don't count We Are The Universe)

Monty Jam's definitely the best they've done with it so far, hopefully something like that made it onto the album. I wouldn't say it's the only good example though, Isolated System and the drill sergeant aren't amazing but they're decent imo. I think the potential's there for them to use it really well.

Monty Jam's definitely the best they've done with it so far, hopefully something like that made it onto the album. I wouldn't say it's the only good example though, Isolated System and the drill sergeant aren't amazing but they're decent imo. I think the potential's there for them to use it really well.

Oh shit I forgot about IS. That was really good too. I'd say the way they used the drill sergeant was bad though. It also felt way more powerful/menacing on its own in the instagram snippet.