Well that's bullshit, they couldn't pull out Stockholm/Map night 2 for LA?

Honestly I'd prefer something along the lines of

Reapers/Psycho

Dead Inside

Map/Hysteria

Plug In Baby/Bliss

(The Gallery)

The Handler

Citizen Erased/B&H

AP/USoE/Endlessly/Sunburn

(Jam)

SMBH

UD/Madness

Starlight

Uprising

Time is Running Out

Defector/Revolt

Stockholm/New Born

-------------

The Globalist

(Drones)

-------------

Mercy

Knights/Survival

I don't really like the whole "if you get Stockholm, you're stuck with Revolt" or the "if you got Reapers first night, you get Revolt second night" either. If they can go without doing Reapers, they can go without Psycho while swapping it with Reapers.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Slept through the gig but expected things to improve so not really surprised, didn't expect Map and Bliss in the same set though. It's still frustrating seeing them forced to drop/rotate songs that should be staples (Reapers, Stockholm, PIB, Revolt/Defector) just because they weirdly refuse to go beyond 17.

20 songs should take these gigs up to about 2 hours, which is what they claim to play in interviews. If they lived up to that, these gigs could easily be consistently great.

I hate going back to moaning, the end of the US leg looked promising :( im trying not to guys sry

Slept through the gig but expected things to improve so not really surprised, didn't expect Map and Bliss in the same set though. It's still frustrating seeing them forced to drop/rotate songs that should be staples (Reapers, Stockholm, PIB, Revolt/Defector) just because they weirdly refuse to go beyond 17.

20 songs should take these gigs up to about 2 hours, which is what they claim to play in interviews. If they lived up to that, these gigs could easily be consistently great.

I hate going back to moaning, the end of the US leg looked promising :( im trying not to guys sry

The balloon fuckery in the middle takes you another three mins

TONIGHT'S SET WAS LEGENDARY BEST SHOW OF ALL TIME

So now we're getting Stockholm, without Reapers and without the rarities of the festival tour like six months ago

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/donington-park-castle-donington-england-bc93dbe.html

The reddit is so fucking stupid, fanboys gonna fanboy tho

Wow night 1 got screwed. Wonder if New Born will pop up in Stockholm's place one of the nights.

Guiding Light was soundchecked? :stunned: wat.

Gross. Take a Bow being sound checked though... if that's real then it'll be interesting to see where/if it pops up.

The sad thing about some of the sets is you can get a really decent enough setlist just using the songs they've played so far. The length is still kinda crappy but the set would leave most people happy no matter the rotations.

{Drill Sergeant} Psycho / {JFK} Defector

Dead Inside

Supermassive Black Hole

Hysteria / Plug In Baby

Bliss / Map of the Problematique

{Isolated System} The Handler

Citizen Erased

{Intro} Apocalypse Please / United States of Eurasia

Munich Jam

Revolt

Starlight / Madness

Time Is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrome

Reapers

Uprising

The Globalist

{Drones}

Mercy

Knights of Cydonia

Edited by heyjackk

LA is really the only place that clearly got fucked over (which sucks for you based on your location). Tonight is being hyped up a bit more than it deserves tbh

Stockholm, Map, Bliss and AP are great songs and all 4 in the same gig is brilliant (even though you shouldn't really have to be considered fortunate to get SS) but, yeah, I'd find it hard to call any of the sets on this tour genuinely 'great' while the gigs are still so short.

Add Reapers and something like CE, Dead Star, Butterflies or New Born and then it'd be up there imo.

They really need more variation with their openers/closers. Psycho, Defector and Reapers all make good openers. Reapers and TG would be decent closers, too.

Psycho's a great opener, that doesn't need changing up imo. Reapers seems like it was born to close some part of the set though so I'm not sure why they've stopped using it there.

Edited by Jobby

Not sure why they need another opener. They're using the best opener they have from the new album, which hasn't even been out a year. I mean it's not KoC we're talking about. The audiences literally haven't heard it before unless they've gone to several gigs in which case I think they can deal with the same opener.

Switching it up by using Defector or Reapers that obviously don't get the crowd going as well just doesn't make sense imo.

And they HAVE used Reapers as a closer. Now they've switched to another song for a few months.

I mean in the context of doing multiple gigs at the same venue. I agree that Psycho is a good opener, but they opened a few times with Reapers and I think Drones into Reapers works better. Defector was born to be an gig/encore opener imo, because [JFK] + big riff. Also I would like to see Stockholm into Psycho one day.

they just need to play it tbh

Oh yeah, for sure. I'd kill to see those solos live but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully it'll pop up on some of these 4/5/6 night residencies, I don't see why not since they'll be stretched for rotation and it's an easy option.

Stockholm, Map, Bliss and AP are great songs and all 4 in the same gig is brilliant (even though you shouldn't really have to be considered fortunate to get SS) but, yeah, I'd find it hard to call any of the sets on this tour genuinely 'great' while the gigs are still so short.

I was looking over Bliss without realizing it, my bad. Generally, you'd be lucky to get Reapers/Map or Plug in Baby/AP at the same gig, but add Bliss in there? That's one more than the luckiest of these arena shows have gotten. Pretty nice, especially for this tour.

They really need more variation with their openers/closers. Psycho, Defector and Reapers all make good openers. Reapers and TG would be decent closers, too.

For the sake of the French fans doing multiple nights in Bercy, I'd imagine seeing the same structure 2/3/4/5/6 nights in a row would be annoying. Reapers is a fantastic opener and the entire album should be played across those nights regardless of perceived quality. Reapers should always get played though simply because of how fucking great it is.

The hell?

Interesting! I wonder where they're thinking of putting TaB in the set list...if they actually decide to play it of course.

Matt did say they'd play it again at some point (though not necessarily specifically on this tour) last year tbf. I dunno though, I seem to remember TAB being soundchecked a few times over the last few years without being played but I could be wrong on that.

They'll be stretched for rotation over 6 nights so I guess we'll see. I wonder where it'd fit it in, maybe before JFK? Main set closer's probs the obvious choice but they seem adamant on that being Uprising.

inb4 JFK > TAB