Thing is, with HAARP, that worked because it came after about 11 minutes of heavy stuff with Micro Cuts, Stockholm and the absolute meltdown of Endless Nameless. The Globalist is only 2 minutes of one riff (after 4 and a half minutes of soft build-up to boot), going straight from that right back into another build-up with TAB would unearned and jarring af flow-wise.

Yes, but the TaB build-up mantains its aphex till the end of the track, whilst The Globalist reaches it just to make it die out after the savage riff section.

Well I've got tickets booked for Belfast, London and Prague now so I'm hoping I'll get a few rotations at least :S I don't really know what to make of the set lists so far they seem bang average at times.

Also Matt seems a lot less eccentric these days and I don't think that's a good thing, I preferred it when he ran around wielding his guitar like a battle axe, now he just seems to walk around like he doesn't care so much.

I think the SMBH solo at Paris pretty much summed it up for me, he really didn't look like he cared and he normally rocks the solo in that song!

Edited by Archer2012

Yes, but the TaB build-up mantains its aphex till the end of the track, whilst The Globalist reaches it just to make it die out after the savage riff section.

Not entirely sure what you mean by 'maintains it's apex' but the difference between the piano section and the start of TAB is one feels like a grand (albeit boring) conclusion while the other feels like it's suddenly starting something else, which is why it wouldn't work in the middle of a song for me.

As much as I find the piano section of The Globalist dull af, replacing it with TAB would just kill my enjoyment of TAB. I've said before that it'd work alright coming out of Drones or the end of the piano section though.

I think the SMBH solo at Paris pretty much summed it up for me, he really didn't look like he cared and he normally rocks the solo in that song!

He's looked bored doing the Supermassive solo for years from what I've seen. Can't remember it being anything more than lazy Kaoss wankery since like '08 or '09.

As for him generally moving around less and not going as mad as he used to, there's been speculation (or was it confirmed?) that he's developed back problems over the last few years or so, to the extent that he's had to request for his guitars to be made lighter.

Not entirely sure what you mean by 'maintains it's apex' but the difference between the piano section and the start of TAB is one feels like a grand (albeit boring) conclusion while the other feels like it's suddenly starting something else, which is why it wouldn't work in the middle of a song for me.

As much as I find the piano section of The Globalist dull af, replacing it with TAB would just kill my enjoyment of TAB. I've said before that it'd work alright coming out of Drones or the end of the piano section though.

He's looked bored doing the Supermassive solo for years from what I've seen. Can't remember it being anything more than lazy Kaoss wankery since like '08 or '09.

As for him generally moving around less and not going as mad as he used to, there's been speculation (or was it confirmed?) that he's developed back problems over the last few years or so, to the extent that he's had to request for his guitars to be made lighter.

Well I don't see anything confirming either of those statements on google? If he is bored to shit of certain songs stop playing them surely? Not as if the crowd really want to see half arsed versions of songs just because Matt thinks they are "too popular" to drop? I mean even PiB is now seeing rotation, so why not smbh and tiro?

Also I saw them at Download last year and they seemed really up for it and blasted a great set. Much better looking gig than these "world tours" have looked.

Well I don't see anything confirming either of those statements on google? If he is bored to shit of certain songs stop playing them surely? Not as if the crowd really want to see half arsed versions of songs just because Matt thinks they are "too popular" to drop? I mean even PiB is now seeing rotation, so why not smbh and tiro?

Also I saw them at Download last year and they seemed really up for it and blasted a great set. Much better looking gig than these "world tours" have looked.

It's not really widespread information, iirc I think it came from a fan who spoke with the people at Mansons. Can't remember how long it was said he's had the problems for but apparently they've had to start drilling holes into his guitars to make them lighter. It'd also explain why only a select couple of his guitars have weighty internal effects like Fuzz Factories and MIDI pads nowadays. Like I said, it came out last year at some point I think and it was only very briefly discussed on here so I could be wrong or forgetting certain stuff but that's what I remember.

I was at Download too and they were definitely on-form but I didn't really see much more movement from Matt than normal.

Edited by Jobby

I think apart from possible back pain, maybe there are just simply better and worse days. On the Psycho tour gigs they looked really energetic, and also gigs like Rock Werchter last year seemed full of energy. Maybe he just had a bad day.

Edited by fam201

Sorry, I've misunderstood... I thought the two of you were talking about adding TaB at the very end of The Globalist, and not immediately after its middle section.

And I agree with you about that.

Now I'm imagining Blackout - Take A Bow - Stockholm Syndrome as the encore. Ready to be disappointed though.

In place of what, The Globalist? Can't imagine them suddenly adding another encore but, god damn, that'd be a terrible rotation as much as I'd like to see it :chuckle:

A Blackout > Stockholm > TaB encore would be fucking amazing.

Well, assuming it's the proper Blackout.

(though stockholm into tab would obvs be brill)

Sorry, I've misunderstood... I thought the two of you were talking about adding TaB at the very end of The Globalist, and not immediately after its middle section.

And I agree with you about that.

S'ok buddy *finger guns*

In place of what, The Globalist? Can't imagine them suddenly adding another encore but, god damn, that'd be a terrible rotation as much as I'd like to see it :chuckle:

Hadn't really thought of what those 3 would replace. Would make a good rotation for Drones > Mercy > Knights as the second encore if they're playing multiple nights somewhere (well, not good if you were only at the first night's gig :LOL:)

A Blackout > Stockholm > TaB encore would be fucking amazing.

Yeah, that order sounds better.

Hadn't really thought of what those 3 would replace. Would make a good rotation for Drones > Mercy > Knights as the second encore if they're playing multiple nights somewhere (well, not good if you were only at the first night's gig :LOL:)

Yeah, that order sounds better.

Add two extra songs...

setlist.fm is claiming its this:

1. Psycho

2. DI

3. Plug in Baby

4. Supremacy

5. Isolated System + The Handler

6. Stockholm Syndrome

7. Supermassive Black Hole

8. Starlight

9. Citizen Erased

10. Munich Jam + Madness

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. JFK + Reapers

13. TIRO

14. Uprising

15. The Globalist

Drones

16. Mercy

17. Knights of Cydonia

Which would be an achievement given the damn show's only just begun, according to Twitter.

setlist.fm is claiming its this:

1. Psycho

2. DI

3. Plug in Baby

4. Supremacy

5. Isolated System + The Handler

6. Stockholm Syndrome

7. Supermassive Black Hole

8. Starlight

9. Citizen Erased

10. Munich Jam + Madness

11. Undisclosed Desires

12. JFK + Reapers

13. TIRO

14. Uprising

15. The Globalist

Drones

16. Mercy

17. Knights of Cydonia

Which would be an achievement given the damn show's only just begun, according to Twitter.

Set leak maybe? I haven't heard of one though. Probs just guesswork, I can see CE popping up.

One of the Muse France fan club sites is claiming that's the setlist.

Welp, accurate so far.

(on PIB atm, if anyone doesn't know)

Edit: Matt sounding a bit shaky tonight? Didn't sing either of the last PIB choruses :erm:

Edit 2: Supremacy. Yep, looks like that set is real.

Edited by Jobby

Welp, accurate so far.

(on PIB atm, if anyone doesn't know)

Edit: Matt sounding a bit shaky tonight? Didn't sing either of the last PIB choruses :erm:

Edit 2: Supremacy. Yep, looks like that set is real.

Indeed.

To the "looks like set is real" line, not the shaky comment - can never get Periscope to work.