SS/NB was heavily criticised last tour because people thought SS was much better.

Yea, what Zepp just said. If it's at a normal tempo, then it's pretty fair imo.

Why don't they just play longer sets though? Is there a special reason why T2L tour had 24 songs a night, and the Drones tour only has 18? What kind of band with 7 albums and a shitload of good B-sides plays only 18 songs?

Yea, that's the main problem here...

SS/NB was heavily criticised last tour because people thought SS was much better.

To be fair, I did that and I stand by it - Matt not playing piano and song was at a slower tempo meant it wasn't the riot it should've been. Hell, at the 2012 O2 Arena gig I saw, the Headup outro riff was the best part of the song.

If played like its few 2015 appearances, I'd be on board.

Do they see the Globalist as 3 songs?

They must do - same time length as last tour (shows with CE come out as longer) but there's a lot more faff even before we get to that time-eating Goliath.

I personally don't see these sets as being that bad as long as they keep changing it up. A bit short but not terrible. The most baffling inclusion for me is really Undisclosed Desires which is neither really well known or a fan favourite.

I'd say UD is one of the most popular Muse songs. It's hard to measure that, but 50M visits on YT might hint to something. And all my friends know Muse because UD :LOL::LOL:.

I'd say UD is one of the most popular Muse songs. It's hard to measure that, but 50M visits on YT might hint to something. And all my friends know Muse because UD :LOL::LOL:.

Maybe it depends where you're from, I guess? Unless I'm badly out of touch I would have thought that basically all of Muse's best known songs in the UK were from their first four albums.

Edit: yeah, looking back when Undisclosed Desires came out as a single it was their lowest charting song since Cave in the UK.

Maybe it depends where you're from, I guess? Unless I'm badly out of touch I would have thought that basically all of Muse's best known songs in the UK were from their first four albums.

Edit: yeah, looking back when Undisclosed Desires came out as a single it was their lowest charting song since Cave in the UK.

Bar Uprising

So comparing to a stadium tour is a bit unfair. Though seen as they probably won't even do a stadium tour with Drones, all the more reason to go all out on the arena gigs. And play a bit more then for a festival. You know, like they would usually do.

I had the same thought. Theoretically, to give the fans as much as they get during an arena+stadiums tour, they should at least be playing as long as on T2L arenas and rotate a lot.

I personally don't see these sets as being that bad as long as they keep changing it up. A bit short but not terrible. The most baffling inclusion for me is really Undisclosed Desires which is neither really well known or a fan favourite.

Yea, UD kind of sticks out being an almost staple... I get the inclusion of songs like Madness or Resistance much more.

Matt's mum was tweeting about shows she's going to next week and followed up by talking about Showbiz being a classic. Coincidence?

Edit: Looks like it was in response to somebody asking them to play it at Bercy

Out of interest do you have a link?

Imagine if they ditched the piano part of The Globalist and play Take a Bow immediately after the heavy part of the Globalist, as the main set closer? How epic would that be, both musically and thematically?

That sounds crap. TaB starts out way too slowly for that. It would do just fine after the whole thing.

Resistance is listed twice in the set on MuseWiki for the 26th. I'm pretty sure the second one is UD but it just looks horrible (It's already been played more than they should, I mean Resistance, they should just eradicate it)

But imagine the final guitar note being held for a long time, and then Take a Bow starts? Much like when the post-SS riffs end and then TaB begins, in HAARP. I could imagine this. :)

Thing is, with HAARP, that worked because it came after about 11 minutes of heavy stuff with Micro Cuts, Stockholm and the absolute meltdown of Endless Nameless. The Globalist is only 2 minutes of one riff (after 4 and a half minutes of soft build-up to boot), going straight from that right back into another build-up with TAB would unearned and jarring af flow-wise.