The complaints about the length...

If they just erase The Globalist and replace them with something like :

1. Invincible/SfA/Aftermath

2. Agitated/Yes Please/The Groove

3. another piano song (Maybe a stapple slot for Feeling Good)

Will this board still complaint? Just asking

Yes. The gigs being 1hr45mins or so (longer with CE) doesn't mean squat when a ton of that is playback, actual filler, and the inexplicable 2 minutes in between songs.

Also, The Globalist might be long as fuck, but it's also hands down the visual climax of the gig. It's pretty damn stunning.

And honestly, other than The Handler and the white balloons (might have been cool from a better angle, and pretty cool even if they looked shoddy with most of the lights not working) I was surprised at how many songs have nearly no, or totally no cool visuals at all.

The gig can't afford to lose TG.

(Also, slot 2 is grim, and do we REALLY want another piano slot when it's going to be filled with Eurasia or FG...? :chuckle: )

This.

Haven't worked it out exactly but I think it's around 1hr30, if the total runtime is about 1hr45.

Balloon popping - 2 mins

Voodoo child - 1/2 mins

Munich jam - 2 and a half mins

JFK - 1 min

Prelude - 1 min

Drones x 2 - 6 mins

Isolated System (short) - 2 mins(?)

So about 15 minutes of padding.

ano?

That is one of the problems that I see... Long time between songs (screens up, screens down, central piramid, destroy all hullaballons before next song... Drones song 2 times??? + rest before Mercy.... drones on and drones off 2 times too? They are wasting time!!!)

This can be fixed with some changes:

[The Second Law: Unsustainable (short)/Take a Bow intro (Drones on)]

(Drones are 3 minutes, this intro are 38 seconds, so they win 2 min 30 sec)

1.Psycho

2.SBH

3.Citizen Erased

4.The Second Law: Isolated (Drones off)(Screens on)

5.The Handler

6.[interlude] (Central Pyramid on)(screens off)

7.Hysteria / Map / Futurism / TSP / Fury / The Groove...

8.Plug In Baby / Bliss (With Hullabaloons)

9.Drones D&B (time to break Hullabaloons and go to the piano (I saw them wasting 1 or 2 minutes in some videos waiting here))

10.Piano song (pref showbiz)

11.Starlight / Resistance (outro screens on)

12.UD / Madness

13.Dead Inside

[JFK](screens off)

14.Defector

15.Revolt

16.TIRO / Map / Futurism / TSP / Fury / The Groove...

¿SS / Dead Star / Assasin?

17.Reapers (With Dildrone)

18.The Globalist

[Drones]

(they rest after Drones 1 minute aprox. They can use it to put Prelude (1 min)....)

19.Prelude

20.Survival / New Born

-----------------------------

[We Are The Universe (Sirens version 1:40 min or shorter)]

21.Uprising / Map

22.Mercy

[MWTH]

23.Knights Of Cydonia

Now, they play 21 songs and with this set they can play 23 in only +5 minutes

Edited by Casteja

The balloon stuff is pretty cool when it works. I didn't mind the second Drones bit as it took the place of the encore, anyways. At least it wasn't minutes of silence like they normally are.

I think if you have time to watch any of the full gigs out there, you'd be surprised with the downtime between most of the songs.

The balloon stuff is pretty cool when it works. I didn't mind the second Drones bit as it took the place of the encore, anyways. At least it wasn't minutes of silence like they normally are.

I think if you have time to watch any of the full gigs out there, you'd be surprised with the downtime between most of the songs.

Which member of bearfur do you think has the biggest dong?

Yes! Very glad to have CE in there :happy:! Putting it in the piano slot is a bit :logic: though, but whatever... I can think of better rotations than Supremacy, but good to have Stockholm in there again and this time combined with Reapers.

'K, so Isolated System + The Handler + Negative Creep + Stockholm Syndrome all in a row is kind of neat. Could have been tightened up a tad on the riffs to songs, but that's a pretty neat flow, and if I was there not expecting an outro to Handler or SS to appear period, I would have lost it.

(I do wish it had been a full Negative Creep riff... or School riff would work pretty well too IMO.)

Yes because that's not fixing the length, which isn't just the number of songs.

Has anyone counted the concert length without the playbacks and jams padding the runtime?

I do see people judging the gig length or even the overall quality by number of songs a hell of a lot though.

He's sounded a bit rough on the whole French tour so far, compared to the end of the US one.

I do wonder what the differences have been.

When I saw them in Philly is looked half asleep and after every song he would reach under his suit (his left side) and just rest his hand there, he appears to be doing the same thing so far this tour. Probably nothing, but something is definitely different about him.

E;11377016']When I saw them in Philly is looked half asleep and after every song he would reach under his suit (his left side) and just rest his hand there' date=' he appears to be doing the same thing so far this tour. Probably nothing, but something is definitely different about him.[/quote']

:wtf: any footage of this on YT?

:wtf: any footage of this on YT?

I can look later, but I can personally confirm things weren't good in Philly.

Matt had zero energy, and although I thought things sounded ok, it was the most lifeless Muse performance I've ever seen. It was almost less than going through the motions. Bf asked me what the difference was between that and DC, if Matt had a substance problem, and if he was better or worse when sober. It was that different.

I didn't specifically see him touching his side with his back mostly to me, but he was fiddling with his collar and his throat a lot between songs.

A lot of fan photos cropped up the next day of him out drinking in the wee hours of the morning still in New York, so I chalk it up to him just not being in good condition for the gig.

Sucked for the fans, though.

They must be seriously planning on playing TAB if it's been soundchecked a couple of times in a row now. No idea how Matt's voice is gonna hold up during the second half considering how it's sounded lately though, particularly last night.

More excited about B&H tbh, TAB's always nice though.