I'm not entirely sure where in this structure Take a Bow would fit.

Best place would be opening the encore after Drones, with Mercy bumped forward to go between Madness and Reapers. Something else would need to go after though rather than straight into Knights (and even more so as they're so bloody insistent on keeping the harmonica).

After the way Matt plays The Handler you want to see him attempt Defector lol

Meh, I reckon Matt does fine with Handler but they're completely different technique-wise so I don't really see the comparison :p

Defector's easier anyway. He mucked up a couple of times in Brussels but that was either lack of concentration or debut rustiness.

It's still frustrating seeing them forced to drop/rotate songs that should be staples (Reapers, Stockholm, PIB, Revolt/Defector) just because they weirdly refuse to go beyond 17.

This.

I'm still glad about yesterdays improvement though, hope they keep it up. Really glad to have Stockholm back :happy:.

Interesting News about Take A Bow :love:

They'll be stretched for rotation over 6 nights so I guess we'll see. I wonder where it'd fit it in, maybe before JFK? Main set closer's probs the obvious choice but they seem adamant on that being Uprising.

inb4 JFK > TAB

Yeah main set closer seems the perfect place. They should just take out UD entirely, move every song up a spot and get TaB in at the end. Or...they could always just add in another song and play for an extra five minutes. That seems unlikely though.

All the (hopefully) upcoming rotation is great but I hope they find a good balance for the other dates in the tour. The first or second nighters shouldn't get screwed over.

[D] -> Drones

Take a Bow intro / Unsustainable intro [D]

Drill Sergeant -> Psycho

Supermassive

Map [with riff]

Interlude [D] -> Hysteria / The Groove / Fury... etc [with riffs]

Citizen Erased

Isolated System

The Handler

Munich Jam

Apocalypse Please / Usoe / Sunburn...

Prelude

Starlight

Madness / UD

Dead Inside

JFK

Defector

Revolt

TIRO

Reapers [w/Big D in outro]

Stockholm [With riffs]

The Globalist

Drones

We are the Universe -> Uprising

Mercy

Man With Harmonica -> Knights

-------------------------------------------------------

And the perfect set:

Take a Bow intro / Unsustainable intro [D]

Drill Sergeant -> Psycho

Supermassive

Map [with riff] / Plug In Baby / Bliss

Interlude [D] -> Hysteria / The Groove / Fury... etc [with riffs]

Citizen Erased

Isolated System

The Handler

Munich Jam

Apocalypse Please / Usoe / Sunburn...

Starlight

Madness / UD

Dead Inside

We are the Universe -> Uprising

TIRO / Plug In Baby

Stockholm [With riffs] / Assassin

Reapers [w/Big D in outro]

The Globalist

Drones

Prelude

New Born / Survival

JFK

Defector

Revolt

Mercy

Take a Bow (full)

Man With Harmonica -> Knights

I'm not entirely sure where in this structure Take a Bow would fit.

Best place would be opening the encore after Drones, with Mercy bumped forward to go between Madness and Reapers. Something else would need to go after though rather than straight into Knights (and even more so as they're so bloody insistent on keeping the harmonica).

Take a Bow-Reapers-Knights would be a nice encore.

Defector/Revolt rotation after JFK (or even Uprising again) and get rid of UD

One question for gig attendees (which may have been asked already): does the audio mix change depending on where you're standing? There seems to be hardly any guitar in this video... might just be because of the camera but not sure

[YT]

[/YT]

I watched that video as well. I'm wondering whether he left the last "I wish I could" out on purpose, or if he messed up getting back to the mic quick enough...

Another question for attendees: What was the crowd like in terms of energy (jumping around etc.)?

And RBS too

Yeah but that had green lighting when it was a staple on the Absolution Tour.

Take a Bow-Reapers-Knights would be a nice encore.

Defector/Revolt rotation after JFK (or even Uprising again) and get rid of UD

The obvious copout option is TaB->Plug in Baby->Knights. Reapers there isn't something I'm sure of.

Obviously getting rid of UD would benefit. Surprised its back given it began to be more regularly out of sets near the end of the American legs.

I'd guess a rotation is going to be Reaistance/Stockholm/New Born?

As sucky as that is. All similar length and SS has already been played in that slot

A smart thing to do would be a Resistance/UD and Stockholm/New Born rotation (or, you know, just stop playing UD all together...).

Pretty sure the song count was inflated by stuff to 24, not full songs

In stadiums they played 24 full songs. In arena's they played 20. That's all excluding filler like Isolated System/Drones/Monty Jam/etc.

Excluding all the filler this tour they generally play 16 full songs.

So comparing to a stadium tour is a bit unfair. Though seen as they probably won't even do a stadium tour with Drones, all the more reason to go all out on the arena gigs. And play a bit more then for a festival. You know, like they would usually do.