We had a very reasonable campaign on the second leg for stuff like Bliss, CE on certain nights, in more active fan groups.

It was plagued with "the masses don't want those" and "go to Europe, sadly, and like 3 people Tweeted.

Haven't even seen it tbh.

There was really no way to stop what changed in the sets. No one did anything because they were playing decent concerts in Europe, and even in Mexico and Texas. By the time it went downhill the best that could be done was try to get Reapers back and the occasional CE. West coast US was already fucked either way since they were the first hit.

Had Europe been first with the arenas it would have been the same problem. Why they've seemed to ignore these requests is beyond me but it's not a timing issue this time.

What's really astounding is the huge range of quality these tours, containing some of their strongest and weakest shows. The Resistance Tour was at least consistently mediocre contextually.

There was really no way to stop what changed in the sets. No one did anything because they were playing decent concerts in Europe, and even in Mexico and Texas. By the time it went downhill the best that could be done was try to get Reapers back and the occasional CE. West coast US was already fucked either way since they were the first hit.
I like the way it sounds like you're talking about a bad storm or something :LOL:

But with like 3 tweets, it obviously didn't get the support of Americans either so...point kinda proven?

There was initially a lot of support in the posts at least that I read, but no one followed through, and it felt like the amount if people going to each gig was low, because they were clustered up in one tiny area.

And again, when that Barclays thing happened, people gave up even more.

I don't think tonight proves anything other than the set structure would largely remain the same between US/European arena shows (just as it always has, give or take a song or two, or three).

There's still five more opportunities to screw the Americans, which will surely happen. I'm just glad the length is the same so far, because the more people that are angry about value for money the better.

Yeah well. I'm back at the hotel. Not as great as I expected. Drones broken or something, no possibility to give up your coats, so VERY hot, and the view from GA in the middle is not that awesome with Matt and Chris running around all the time.

I did enjoy it, though. Different spot tomorrow I think. Somewhere at the side maybe.

After walking through Paris for 4 hours doing sightseeing, I am completely knackered now after the show. :p

The real fans are on setlist.fm complaining about how Muse are playing their biggest hits and thus don't care about their fans.

By all means, they should play their biggest hits. The problem is that their lazy, short-ass sets don't give them time to play anything else. The result is a repetitive by-the-numbers tour.

Yeah well. I'm back at the hotel. Not as great as I expected. Drones broken or something, no possibility to give up your coats, so VERY hot, and the view from GA in the middle is not that awesome with Matt and Chris running around all the time.

I did enjoy it, though. Different spot tomorrow I think. Somewhere at the side maybe.

After walking through Paris for 4 hours doing sightseeing, I am completely knackered now after the show. :p

I felt like your best bet would be to one of the left corners in GA, because on the right I found Chris and Matt angled away from us even when in front of us.

Unfortunately those corners were packed, so everyone might have had the same idea.

The drones still not working is sad. :(

By all means, they should play their biggest hits. The problem is that their lazy, short-ass sets don't give them time to play anything else. The result is a repetitive by-the-numbers tour.

This, the only reason we complain about hits is because of the short set and the way it's structured (that Starlight/Madness/UD section is fucking brutal man)

Although I would argue they shouldn't be playing every single hit they have in their catalog (because it gives the tourist types no reason to return the next tour resulting in low sales numbers and it makes things incredibly boring for the people who have seen them each tour since 2010, a sizable portion of the audience), I don't have a problem with the hits themselves.

They really need to drop some of those hits though or at least rotate them, because as they have more and more releases, the number of hits increases so either the length of shows becomes bigger or we're stuck with another Drones Tour

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

yeah I know, it was a joke.

I know but you're right. Casual fans who buy tickets deserve to hear the songs that they know and paid to see. The band can't tailor their whole sets to the hardcore fans. Nonetheless, they could certainly do more to give something back to the fans who know their whole back catalogue and have seen all the hits multiple times.

I know but you're right. Casual fans who buy tickets deserve to hear the songs that they know and paid to see. The band can't tailor their whole sets to the hardcore fans. Nonetheless, they could certainly do more to give something back to the fans who know their whole back catalogue and have seen all the hits multiple times.
They should play longer sets and at least try to satisfy the hardcore fans (not a perfect term for them but still)

If only both could be done with one simple move...oh wait!

I felt like your best bet would be to one of the left corners in GA, because on the right I found Chris and Matt angled away from us even when in front of us.

Unfortunately those corners were packed, so everyone might have had the same idea.

The drones still not working is sad. :(

But where is the right left? :D

I think I was standing on the "wrong" side. The supporting act was mostly facing my direction, but Matt was mostly on the other side. Or so it seemed. I think the VIP section was on that side... hm.

But do they need to hear every single hit they've ever had? If these people have no intention of seeing the band again, why bother pander to them? If they do intend on people returning next time, why would you want to have 8-9 songs out of 16-17 that they have seen already?

The "casual fan" label really needs to be defined here. I'd argue it doesn't make sense in either scenario.

The band rotated pretty evenly at my gigs, but were still typically hard to see. Blocked by the drums, or angling away.

I'd thought if you were on the left they'd angle towards you more, but those corners were deep filled by the fans that queued all day.

And tbf, they can't play this set 6 nights in a row. The other nights will get something good.

But do they need to hear every single hit they've ever had? If these people have no intention of seeing the band again, why bother pander to them? If they do intend on people returning next time, why would you want to have 8-9 songs out of 16-17 that they have seen already?

The "casual fan" label really needs to be defined here. I'd argue it doesn't make sense in either scenario.

Wouldn't matter if they quit fucking around so long between songs and just threw in 1-2 "old" fan favs, anyways.

They proved I'd gladly stand around through a consecutive night of same ol to hear CE.

They should play longer sets and at least try to satisfy the hardcore fans (not a perfect term for them but still)

If only both could be done with one simple move...oh wait!

I'm not sure that "hardcore fans" has a strict definition. Maybe "faithful fans" would be a better description. I haven't been a Muser since their early days but I've seen them 5 times now over their last 3 tours. 8 or 9 of the same songs have been played at every show I've attended. This time around, I'd say the repetition caused the show to be really stale and disappointing. At some point, it's just not worth the price of admission anymore.

The band rotated pretty evenly at my gigs, but were still typically hard to see. Blocked by the drums, or angling away.

I'd thought if you were on the left they'd angle towards you more, but those corners were deep filled by the fans that queued all day.

And tbf, they can't play this set 6 nights in a row. The other nights will get something good.

Probably when I'm not there anymore. :D

I queued for only one hour, so I really can't complain. Thanks anyway, I'll try the left side tomorrow. On the VIP side.

The view from the seats is so good, I tried it after the show. But also very subdued up there as far as I could tell during the gig.

At least I have a seat in Prague, so I'll get that experience, too.