Larry.

Paperless tickets... Uh oh.

I just got back to find my mum (bless her) has got me two tix for my bday. Now, apparently you need the cardpayer's ID to get in (and for them to go in with you!!)

She's bought them for me and a friend, and she can't go because of spinal problems. Does anyone have any clue about what the policy on the door is? I.E. if I take her ID, or she comes along to prove we haven't scalped them?

Or has she just lost ~£90? Can't even re-sell them on Ticketmaster's fav scalping website, because the same problem arises. Fucking daft.

Shit mate, I'd say a phonecall to Ticketmaster or the Academy tomorrow might be able to sort that. Surely if you took your Mum's ID and card they could sort it out. For what it's worth I think I just stated my name at the last paperless gig I went to, and at the end of the day surely they'll understand.

I was shaking like crazy for the 25 minutes between seeing the email and getting tickets. More intense than getting Glastonbury tickets!

God bless my brother for having email notifications turned on because I would have missed this completely (.me login is a defunct address an everything). Having missed out for so many short notice small gigs this all seemed to fall into place too easily. :awesome:

I didn't really stand a chance. Kept trying to sign in and failed. Then tried with the email address they didn't send an email to and got in, too late.

The Academy is pretty small. My first Muse gig was at the MEN Arena, in 2006, which is much bigger. :(

Got tix :D Got through somehow just after 6.15pm. Smallest venue we've seen them. Gig number 12 for us. First time was Manchester Arena in 2003. So excited for this one. What time are people planning to get there? :)

Yeah, it's small, pretty much a club. The stage looked about 10 metres wide when I was there. Not sure where it is in relation to a train station but I'm sure it won't be far away from one.

train station is 15-20 mins away, a nice straight road. Not sure whether it goes to huddersfield or not though.

Manchester academy is pretty much attached to the uni of manchesters student union.

pretty soulless shitty venue as its just a big* empty room

*not actually that big but you know what i mean

If anyone needs any info about anything at all ill help, know it all like the back of my hand haha

Got tix :D Got through somehow just after 6.15pm. Smallest venue we've seen them. Gig number 12 for us. First time was Manchester Arena in 2003. So excited for this one. What time are people planning to get there? :)

Depends on the weather/how hungover I am, I've got a birthday night out the night before

Paperless tickets... Uh oh.

I just got back to find my mum (bless her) has got me two tix for my bday. Now, apparently you need the cardpayer's ID to get in (and for them to go in with you!!)

She's bought them for me and a friend, and she can't go because of spinal problems. Does anyone have any clue about what the policy on the door is? I.E. if I take her ID, or she comes along to prove we haven't scalped them?

Or has she just lost ~£90? Can't even re-sell them on Ticketmaster's fav scalping website, because the same problem arises. Fucking daft.

I have the same problem, my other half got me a ticket but paid for it with his credit card. Will try ringing the Academy tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

I daren't get my hopes up until I know!

I would think that if the credit card holder is with you and says the tickets are for you and your friend, they will let you in. Makes sense.

I was at Royal Blood last week and they had a queue for people without ID (even though ticket stated photo ID required), not sure how that worked, but they were still getting in.

I have the same problem, my other half got me a ticket but paid for it with his credit card. Will try ringing the Academy tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

I did the same thing, I called Ticketmaster and what they did is refund my mum's money and she paid it on to my card and then they took it from my card and put it in my name with no problems :)

Thanks, friend! :D

I did the same thing, I called Ticketmaster and what they did is refund my mum's money and she paid it on to my card and then they took it from my card and put it in my name with no problems :)

Oh snap, what number did you ring and what did you say for this to be sorted out? Do you think that method would work here (what with the tickets being sold out, and all)?

Seems a bit pointless doing these anti-tout measures if the touts would be able to change the name on the card and tickets anyway

Fab! Will give them a call in the morning. Thanks so much 😄

What time's the best to be there for a reasonably close spot? I mean it is a small venue but it'll still be cool to be close to the stage!

The smallest (**MUSE) gig I've been to is the Teignmouth one, and we turned up at about 8am (travelled from North UK), and there were still half a dozen people ahead of us camped out. Really there's no such thing as 'too early' on gig day. Take from it what you will that it's a really small venue.

Edited by ~Tom