Larry.

I think selling tickets to people who have been members since at least a certain point is unfair, not because it's elitist, but because it's completely arbitrary.

I shall be there, in no small part because my captcha was 'winter is coming' :happy:

Mine said fancy a laugh & was then sold out.

Funny little bugger is Ticketmaster.

Ok posting this in all active UK Gigs/Tour threads because they all look like Groundhog Day with the same posts over and over so:

- If you are looking for a spare ticket what you need to do is keep an eye out on the Musebay Thread in the gig section http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=88005 - Any spares for sell will be advertised there

- If you have a questions about getting into the gig with tickets bought with someone else's credit card or Ticketmaster's account you need to contact Ticketmaster Customer Service. They will be the one knowing that can and cannot be done.

And because I am having a good day I will even post the number to Ticketmaster Customer Service: 0333 321 9999

All they really had to do was keep it members only, there'd be no problems that way. It's only fair to make sure the most loyal fans get tickets to these gigs

Oh so sod people who aren't a member of this place then even if they have been loyal fans for years?

Managed to get tickets this morning. Delighted! It's the fiancées 30th 2 days after so a perfect birthday treat for her :D Looking forward to my 14th time seeing them.

I got straight in and no Manchester tickets were available unless you have American Express card, so I'll be going to South Wales. At least I get to see the new stuff before Manchester does though :p

Paperless tickets... Uh oh.

I just got back to find my mum (bless her) has got me two tix for my bday. Now, apparently you need the cardpayer's ID to get in (and for them to go in with you!!)

She's bought them for me and a friend, and she can't go because of spinal problems. Does anyone have any clue about what the policy on the door is? I.E. if I take her ID, or she comes along to prove we haven't scalped them?

Or has she just lost ~£90? Can't even re-sell them on Ticketmaster's fav scalping website, because the same problem arises. Fucking daft.

Finally got through to Ticketmaster Customer Services, they said they are being flexible with this event and allowing people to change the payment card. But the buyer has to do the transfer.

Hope that helps!

well im part of the unlucky majority

managed to get in with the 5 min counter ticking down, spent less than one minute filling it in ... went to pay ...

error blah blah blah ....

i dislike ticketmaster :(

ah well, ill try go download or wait for arena tour ... but would have prefered to see them in manchester academy !

enjoy to those who got lucky and managed to get tickets !

Finally got through to Ticketmaster Customer Services, they said they are being flexible with this event and allowing people to change the payment card. But the buyer has to do the transfer.

Hope that helps!

Damn it, I knew I should of bought 2 more and then sold them on to people of this site for £200 each since you can easily change the payment card *shakes fist*

I assume that's why it's £700 on viagogo as one (or a few) smart tout(s) has realised how easy it is to change the name of the card.

So how quick did people get through? I woke up with a message off a friend sayong she got one, she was trying on a phone while in a lecture so I'm surprised she managed it if they sold out in 30 seconds

I just got one!!!!

Been trying all day for one ticket, doing the captcha then getting the 'tickets not available' screen, but then one appeared! They may be putting failed payment card transactions etc back on the system so don't give up trying!!

I just got one!!!!

Been trying all day for one ticket, doing the captcha then getting the 'tickets not available' screen, but then one appeared! They may be putting failed payment card transactions etc back on the system so don't give up trying!!

What the fuck!?!?

I just got one!!!!

Why doesn't this happen for me :(

After contacting Ticketmaster I got my friends ticket on my mums card changed to hers. Was a little bit of a battle xD but yeah, after the last phone assistant came on it was all sorted.

HYPED FOR GIG NOW :p

Im happy you got it sorted!

Coming from Huddersfield with a mate, is the Academy quite small then and close to a train station? Never been to Manchester :p

It's tiny. Only venue that I've seen honour the numbering system.

It's nearest station is Deansgate I think. It's about 20 mins walk up the road. I'm in Hudds too, but didn't get a ticket.

Anyone know of anyone needing a +1? :)