I don't... I'm using up precious sleeping time to sit around on here :LOL::facepalm: Also, I'll be on a train when it's announced and knowing my luck won't have any signal just as they say who it is!

UK radio station Absolute Radio has tweeted about an exclusive gig announcement tomorrow at 8am. Naturally we're all assuming it's Muse even though it might not be :LOL:

Twitter link

Oh sweet, do we know when the actual gig is or are they yet to announce that? :LOL:

Oh sweet, do we know when the actual gig is or are they yet to announce that? :LOL:

Belfast or HMS Belfast on Sunday

Again, we're all assuming from Matt's '9pm, Sunday in Belfast' comment that the two are linked, but I have a feeling Absolute could be a separate gig, maybe in London – mostly cos that's what I'm hoping for :LOL:.

If I have to trek to Belfast on a Sunday, I will, but I'd rather it be in London seeing as they're here too. Don't get why they'd go to Belfast but I guess we'll find out in a few hours.

I just popped in an the amount of info is confusing :p

Like the Album artwork a lot and if the single artwork follows the same tones (colours, themes, drawings) I'm going to be very visually pleased

Lost on everything else :LOL:

Ok I think I can summarize what happened :LOL:

• First, Absolute Radio said they'd be making an announcement at 8 AM (GMT right?) for a surprise concert by a supposedly "stadium" size band. Naturally, we all think it's Muse.

• Then, the whole thing with the Drones banner appearing by accident on certain iTunes stores happened, with the caption "Pre order the album now + get the song" or something like that. Clicking it did nothing. But it looks like we are very close to some iTunes release.
    http://V3F1oNQ.png

• Then, Matt tweets "there's a time and a place i.e. 9pm, Belfast, Sunday" in response to a fan. Most likely a gig but it could be something else. Originally we thought it was Belfast, Ireland but some proposed it could be the HMS Belfast (which I know nothing about but apparently has hosted a few musicians in the past decade).
    GGAHmw7.png

• Matt tweeted to another fan: "Hitting deadlines! All news you want released tomorrow." Who knows what he thinks we want but I personally think Drones will be put on iTunes with a pre-order and Psycho as an available track. I don't think we'll get the track names for the full album but we could see how many there are and track lengths.
    gmHM3TJ.png

• Tom Kirk tweeted this gif: link. It seems to imply that something's being uploaded to Youtube, so there's that. Typical teasing.

• Lastly, sound engineer Marc Carolan tweeted "Well that was rather a good day at the office! #muse #musedrones." Kind of speaks for itself really. I'm guessing it's something to do with their potential gig on Sunday.
    RMlwxnK.png

edit: Oh I forgot: a retailer listed Drones' release date as May 22. I'm not sure how legit it is but it is something.

Edited by HomesickSubterranean

Ok I think I can summarize what happened :LOL:

• First, Absolute Radio said they'd be making an announcement at 8 AM (GMT right?) for a surprise concert by a supposedly "stadium" size band. Naturally, we all think it's Muse.

• Then, the whole thing with the Drones banner appearing by accident on certain iTunes stores happened, with the caption "Pre order the album now + get the song" or something like that. Click it did nothing. But it looks like we are very close to some iTunes release.

• Then, Matt tweets "there's a time and a place i.e. 9pm, Belfast, Sunday" in response to a fan. Most likely a gig but it could be something else. Originally we thought it was Belfast, Ireland but some proposed it could be the HMS Belfast (which I know nothing about but apparently has hosted a few musicians in the past decade).

• Matt tweeted to another fan: "Hitting deadlines! All news you want released tomorrow." Who knows what he thinks we want but I personally think Drones will be put on iTunes with a pre-order and Psycho as an available track. I don't think we'll get the track names for the full album but we could see how many there are and track lengths.

• Tom Kirk tweeted this gif: link. It seems to imply that something's being uploaded to Youtube, so there's that. Typical teasing.

• Lastly, sound engineer Marc Carolan tweeted "Well that was rather a good day at the office! #muse #musedrones." Kind of speaks for itself really. I'm guessing it's something to do with their potential gig on Sunday.

thank you for the summary! I sifted through 20 pages like this :wtf:

I do hope it'll be a livestream or something IF they're really performing (unlikely tbh)... Singaporean fans (or rather, all in Asia barring Japan and S.Korea... Geez!) have been lacking on our dosage of Muse performances in recent years

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Edited by psychx

Agreed.

To provide more positive insight and discussion, of course! I wish the positive people didn't scare away so easily. :(

Can you blame them? It's pretty intimidating here, especially if you're new. There's an accepted 'bantz' culture that's mostly taking the piss out of people or over scrutinising what they say, especially if they have the nerve to be positive, which is why so many run away.

Anyway, I don't wanna start a massive rant/fight, just weighing in as to why people don't hang around here. They're not made welcome, quite simply. Not by everyone, of course, but the few can ruin it for the many.

Back on topic: Just over 4 hours til possible gig announcement :ninja:

holy shit I havent logged in in forever.

The cryptic Instagram posts weren't really starting the hype train for me; not sure why. Until the Psycho one, that is, and I'm in love again. I haven't looked forward to an album for a year or so now and this is truly exciting. I'm hoping we get some great announcements tomorrow, and can't wait to hear Drones!

Can you blame them? It's pretty intimidating here, especially if you're new. There's an accepted 'bantz' culture that's mostly taking the piss out of people or over scrutinising what they say, especially if they have the nerve to be positive, which is why so many run away.

Anyway, I don't wanna start a massive rant/fight, just weighing in as to why people don't hang around here. They're not made welcome, quite simply. Not by everyone, of course, but the few can ruin it for the many.

Yeah but the piss taking is so transparent I'd say people leave because it's annoying rather than intimidating.

I agree, but more reports need to be sent in when behavior like that happens. The mods don't read every single post. It's difficult to do so, especially when threads go crazy with traffic like it did today. But hopefully more people come out of the woodwork and stick around for a bit, and report people that are being shitty!

:awesome:

Hi guys ! I am another new member after stalking you for the past week ! Getting so excited for the album :D

About the announcement, I really do think we are gonna get this "Psycho" video released on Youtube, as well as the single on iTunes in a few hours. With the album in pre order obviously. Anyway, like all of you, I really hope so !

On the gig topic, it is gonna be so frustrating for those (a majority I assume) who won't be able to attend it (myself included)... I don't have much hope to see it get live streamed or posted on Youtube.

Anyway, thanks for all the information ! The hype train is never gonna stop :)

Hi guys ! I am another new member after stalking you for the past week ! Getting so excited for the album :D

About the announcement, I really do think we are gonna get this "Psycho" video released on Youtube, as well as the single on iTunes in a few hours. With the album in pre order obviously. Anyway, like all of you, I really hope so !

On the gig topic, it is gonna be so frustrating for those (a majority I assume) who won't be able to attend it (myself included)... I don't have much hope to see it get live streamed or posted on Youtube.

Anyway, thanks for all the information ! The hype train is never gonna stop :)

Welcome aboard the hype train! :happy: