wait, so you're saying the "shitty phone recording" sounded better than the studio version? Then I'm not sure why he quality matters.

Good point but I think they meant to mention that it just sounds better live not necessarily hitting on quality. Lets face it Supremacy was another dose of Unnatural Selection. Beast live first listen, super weak, thin guitar toned, album version.

wait, so you're saying the "shitty phone recording" sounded better than the studio version? Then I'm not sure why he quality matters.

well I should have phrased that better.

Phone recording - quality lacking, excited to hear it since it would have been a first impression

Studio - obviously better, but didnt react to it the same

So for me, I'd rather hear a studio version first and to avoid this happing to me in the future I'll be bypassing live recordings. As I said - it was my fault.

I dont want to listen to any crap recordings, but if they surface i listen to them anyway, because i'm piece of shit with no willpower.

This is me lol

Even if there isn't, cell phone cameras have come a long, long way. The E-Werk footage was more than acceptable.

I almost forgot about that video. The best thing is how much of the crowd you could tell knew it was Supremacy just from the first few seconds.

Good point but I think they meant to mention that it just sounds better live not necessarily hitting on quality. Lets face it Supremacy was another dose of Unnatural Selection. Beast live first listen, super weak, thin guitar toned, album version.

I dunno man, it just sounds overproduced. Guitar tone wasn't too bad but it should've been punchier like the live version. Main issue is how all the strings overpower everything and make it sound campy rather than rocky. Especially especially especially with the closing riff.

I dunno man, it just sounds overproduced. Guitar tone wasn't too bad but it should've been punchier like the live version. Main issue is how all the strings overpower everything and make it sound campy rather than rocky. Especially especially especially with the closing riff.

Overproduced is the word I almost chose haha. The trumpets were way too much in the verse. Yes I agree. But also the guitar is thin imo, I think I read somewhere that they decided to not multi-track the guitars in that song for whatever reason, even though its standard industry practice. Not 100% sure that is true. But hear how "beefy" for lack of a better word, it sounds live compared to the album.

Overproduced is the word I almost chose haha. The trumpets were way too much in the verse. Yes I agree. But also the guitar is thin imo, I think I read somewhere that they decided to not multi-track the guitars in that song for whatever reason, even though its standard industry practice. Not 100% sure that is true. But hear how "beefy" for lack of a better word, it sounds live compared to the album.

They recorded the entire album with a single guitar track. But that wasn't really the fault for Supremacy's lack of punch.

They recorded the entire album with a single guitar track. But that wasn't really the fault for Supremacy's lack of punch.

Well it was the single guitar track and also the fact that the distorted bass was barely heard over the strings.

If you're happy with the quality of this video then if there is a gig in Belfast I'll bring this phone along to record some stuff!

sorry man, I didnt intend for it to sound like my nose was in the air :p

I'm sure that whatever recordings are taken will be appreciated, particularly if there are songs that we havent heard before

I guess not if Survival fared well with the same treatment. Survival got a more Matt-like guitar tone though and that's why I'll stick to that argument. The song was killed for different reasons for different people, for me #1 is the guitar tone.

sorry man, I didnt intend for it to sound like my nose was in the air :p

I'm sure that whatever recordings are taken will be appreciated, particularly if there are songs that we havent heard before

Nah didn't sound like that but it would be good to know that one person is going with a decent camera haha

i found how to get access to the radio station if you're from a different country.. you install the plugin hola and then select the uk option on the absolute radio site.

Watch the show start at 8am but they'll wait til the end to announce it. Or is it just a radio station that doesn't have "shows" I don't know wtf absolute radio is and I have a feeling I don't really want to.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser