Whether anyone thinks the guitars are cheap or not, the point is the same - why would a guy who has always had better allegedly ordering a bunch of subpar ones?

Unless he's going to smash them every night, throw em into the crowd and try and get people killed again, or he's being paid a boatload for the advertising.

Pretty sure he has no need for the money.... They made the Cort so fans can replicate similar tones. As a guitarist who has tried an MB-1, I'm ecstatic they have brought out a more affordable model. Matt and Hugh spent 3 years developing it, I'm sure he will only use them as backups, and maybe bring them out now and again to take the workload off Hugh

Whether anyone thinks the guitars are cheap or not, the point is the same - why would a guy who has always had better allegedly ordering a bunch of subpar ones?

Unless he's going to smash them every night, throw em into the crowd and try and get people killed again, or he's being paid a boatload for the advertising.

1) they'll be smashed in outros

2) they're good for the price

3) he'll be advertising the guitar

1) they'll be smashed in outros

2) they're good for the price

3) he'll be advertising the guitar

I think he'll stop the guitar smashing (or at least, I hope) and just use the cort as a back-up. I'll probably be wrong :rolleyes:

It's just that I don't see the point of him "ordering a bunch of them for the tour" if it's a backup.

Different tunings?

Because every guitarist has backups, it just saves Hugh making more.

I know, I mean why bring multiple MBC-1s if they're just a backup? He always brings a big collection of different guitars on tour, wouldn't make sense to have multiple identical guitars.

And Hugh making more of what?

Today is a day. Today will hopefully yield some news. This wait is becoming a drought

Day of more fabfapping. Can we just retitled this thread to The Diehard Musers Agonizing Wait for or Speculations on LP7 - Drones or something? There was really nothing being discussed about LP7: Drones. Why not create an LP7: Drones Discussion once it is officially released - and I mean release, not when the album release date is announced.

Maybe they decided to acquire a cheaper bunch of Cort-Manson guitars in order to save money. I'll explain myself: they (the band) could have cut costs for instrumental equipment due to themselves already covering costs for album making, future promotion and distribution through their own new label (Supermassive Music Ltd.).

It might seem a very wacky hypotesis, but... Who knows?

Maybe they decided to acquire a cheaper bunch of Cort-Manson guitars in order to save money. I'll explain myself: they (the band) could have cut costs for instrumental equipment due to themselves already covering costs for album making, future promotion and distribution through their own new label (Supermassive Music Ltd.).

It might seem a very wacky hypotesis, but... Who knows?

"their own new label" wasn't confirmed. As far as we know they're still with Warner.

Just a guess but maybe those batch guitars Matt smashed up during the 2nd law tours were actually prototypes for the upcoming sig maybe?

It's possible the humbuckers were, since most were uncovered we can't really tell if they were MBK-2s or not.

Matt's probably going to use the Corts instead of the matt black Mansons That'd save MGW having to build loads of replacements for him. It shows how good the cheaper signature is if the artist is actually using them.

I just read this in an acid trip report:

I've always hated our government, and the way they suppress our people in believing one way of life and anything else is wrong. Drugs are wrong. Not going to college is wrong. etc. Anyways we get to the playground and go to the swings we used to swing on as kids. We talked about old memories again, and then we realized how sick this place really was. The playground was a drone factory. From the age of 6 years old, your easily pliable brain is pounded by the government. And then they try to pretend they care about the kids, that they're giving them an education. But then we noticed the broken swing. And something about that swing just proved that no matter how much they brightened the playgrounds with bright colors, they don't really care. You are just another statistic of the U.S. government.... When we were talking about it it came across more clearly, I don't expect you to fully understand what I just said. We were in a higher state of mind, and I really wish we would've recorded our conversation we had, because it was so deep.

I kind of get the feeling Matt's lyrics are gonna be childish like this (if Supremacy is anything to go by). I hope it's not the case, but on the last 2 albums his political lyrics have been quite disappointing.

(the full trip report if anyone cares: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21290576

Like fabri said they are his signature model so it's good advertising, they are meant to be really good guitars for their price range so they aren't really sub par and he loves smashing guitars so.... The more guitars the better :D

And I have also wondered whether some of the matt black batch were mbc-1s just with different head stocks

Edited by Witz

I just read this in an acid trip report:

I kind of get the feeling Matt's lyrics are gonna be childish like this (if Supremacy is anything to go by). I hope it's not the case, but on the last 2 albums his political lyrics have been quite disappointing.

(the full trip report if anyone cares: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21290576

Wait. Trip report? That's a thing?

Like a travel blog but inside one's own head?