Past experience says usually the most over the top/cheese/divisive song is released before the official single. Anyone get the feeling psycho might not be representative of the whole album?

No, it will be. No cheese. Psycho is their comeback statement.

On the paper and from the pre-release interviews The 2nd Law sounded amazing. Matt even went ahead and said that Madness is the best song he has ever wrote. Like... Yeah... OK.

EDIT:

This time they aren't overhyping release with such statements, that gives me hope that cheese is gone and they have settled down on all those theatrics.

Past experience says usually the most over the top/cheese/divisive song is released before the official single. Anyone get the feeling psycho might not be representative of the whole album?

Well if we assume Psycho is the 0305030 song, then from what we've heard it would seem to be the opposite of that, because it seems to be pretty heavy fan-service.

Well if we assume Psycho is the 0305030 song, then from what we've heard it would seem to be the opposite of that, because it seems to be pretty heavy fan-service.

Yes, this is like "Sorry guys! Here is song with your all time favorite riff to make up for what we have done in recent years".

I for one welcome our Drone overlords.

Yes, this is like "Sorry guys! Here is song with your all time favorite riff to make up for what we have done in recent years".

I for one welcome our Drone overlords.

Not to mention how instantaneous all of this is. Psycho, tour, and Dead Inside. They want to come back big and hard. All the while generating hype from the bottom up so they'll be a hugely anticipated performance by the time gigs like Download roll around.

and its still a gloomy day for us manutd fans :stunned:

Yeah, ah well.. Could've lost to Liverpool in the final and that would have been 1000x worse..

Muse are providing a nice enough distraction from the Arsenal result!

Not to mention how instantaneous all of this is. Psycho, tour, and Dead Inside. They want to come back big and hard. All the while generating hype from the bottom up so they'll be a hugely anticipated performance by the time gigs like Download roll around.

It does feel like they want to make more of an impact this time after T2L came and...went.

There are a few good songs but easily the most incoherent album they've released.

I've always felt like Animals and Isolated System, and the "idea" of Supremacy (albeit somewhat poorly executed) felt like tracks "ahead of their time" for this record. I'm pretty certain that kind of mood is what will be expanded upon with this new record except darker and grittier.

I've always felt like Animals and Isolated System, and the "idea" of Supremacy (albeit somewhat poorly executed) felt like tracks "ahead of their time" for this record. I'm pretty certain that kind of mood is what will be expanded upon with this new record except darker and grittier.

Interesting, that is the notion I had in the back of my head for a long time without being able to really nail it...

Makes perfect sense to me now and this is something that I feel is very possible.