other question that came to me : waht are the odd that dom uses in this album Double bass drum pedal ?

would be kick-ass.

There was one of the instagram pictures from really early on in recording which clearly showed a double bass pedal on the kit... whether it got used is another issue but atleast it is confirmed that Dom had access to one on the kit for writing

There haven't been any for the last two albums have there?

The Resistance had b-sides, almost all of them were either covers or colaborations though I think

edit: and remixes

edit edit: the 2nd law had a few remixes

What are the odds of any b-sides?

Very poor. Muse seem pretty good at deciding what's going to work on an album early on and not bothering investing in anything that won't make it. They only had so many before because they had built up a bank of 50+ song ideas before Showbiz/OoS and wanted a big pool of recorded to draw from for an album or for set lists - these days they don't have that pool, nor do they need it.

This.

I find most of Matt's attempts at thematic or political lyrics deeply cringeworthy. He just doesn't have the slight of hand of other lyricists.

Fortunately, he more than makes up with it in terms of musicianship. Hence, I'm sure some stonking riffery on this album will more than paper over any cracks in the lyrics.

So long as there are no more fucking clouds of gas :vomit:.

He is talking about very serious things which all people should take notice of.

:) First post in a while....

Loving the tracklist and Matt's description of the album.

I wonder how the new stuff will affect the setlist in the future. If there is a story to be told, would it make sense to play the entire album during the gig instead of hand picking a few big hitters?

:) First post in a while....

Loving the tracklist and Matt's description of the album.

I wonder how the new stuff will affect the setlist in the future. If there is a story to be told, would it make sense to play the entire album during the gig instead of hand picking a few big hitters?

I'd love them to play the full album but I imagine they'll still be able to pick out 5 or 6 songs

Got a big issue. My friend tried to buy her ticket this morning in general sale. She couldn't get her bank password working so she had to use my mums card.

Only just found out they are paperless tickets.

Anyone got any ideas on how to sort this out?

This isn't the right thread but give whoever you bought it from a ring and explain the situation, some other people got them transferred over and I'm in the process now :)

This isn't the right thread but give whoever you bought it from a ring and explain the situation, some other people got them transferred over and I'm in the process now :)

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread! Thanks for being cool about it too. I shall give them a call, hopefully if other people have had luck so shall I.