I think the cover is pretty straightforward however I like it. Especially the fact that walking army on screen lacks arms is very impressive for me. Im from a country where media control, political opression and stuff is very high (Turkey) and it is often forgetten that ending opression is only possible by actions of the very lower end of power pyramid. In cover the very lower end is lacking arms, arms as in body part which we use to control and fight and arms as in weapons or skills. So there is literally no hope for them. They are complete drones.

that's a pretty good reading of it!

I don't think I've ever seen such an exciting tracklist! It's really got me pumped. For some reason, The Handler stands out instantly. And the titles and Matt's description of the album really makes me believe it's a concept album of sorts - as I called sometime last/this week!

Looking forward to hearing Psycho for the first time tonight. Bit confused though, why release Psycho just for the hell of it, then Dead Inside as a single a week later? Pick a single and stick to it! I really don't like this business of releasing loads of songs prior to the album release. Ideally for me, I'd only have heard 1-2 songs before buying the whole album. With T2L, it felt like I'd heard the entire album before buying it!

I didnt mind the 2nd law one, aside from the way they spaced out the title and its font.

My fav was the BH&R one because of the detail and also the way the blue sky and orange ground popped

If Drones was on display I would gravitate towards it. If I want to discover something new in a store I go the the section of the genre I'm feeling and look at covers, so in my mind it works :LOL:

I don't think I've ever seen such an exciting tracklist! It's really got me pumped. For some reason, The Handler stands out instantly. And the titles and Matt's description of the album really makes me believe it's a concept album of sorts - as I called sometime last/this week!

Looking forward to hearing Psycho for the first time tonight. Bit confused though, why release Psycho just for the hell of it, then Dead Inside as a single a week later? Pick a single and stick to it! I really don't like this business of releasing loads of songs prior to the album release. Ideally for me, I'd only have heard 1-2 songs before buying the whole album. With T2L, it felt like I'd heard the entire album before buying it!

I imagine Psycho is just their 'gift to the fans' release, it's not a single but a statement of intent

ETA: XFM have announced Psycho will be played on their show tonight

1. Gift to the fans because we love the riff.

2. Give us something before the gigs.

3. Give us something for pre-ordering the album.

I think the cover is pretty straightforward however I like it. Especially the fact that walking army on screen lacks arms is very impressive for me. Im from a country where media control, political opression and stuff is very high (Turkey) and it is often forgetten that ending opression is only possible by actions of the very lower end of power pyramid. In cover the very lower end is lacking arms, arms as in body part which we use to control and fight and arms as in weapons or skills. So there is literally no hope for them. They are complete drones.

+1 mate !

that's a pretty good reading of it!

Thanks mate! To expand on it, its very literal reflection of Marxist theory in modern times. There is the opressor, than there is the middle class as middle man whos blinded (lack of head/brain) by the sole purpose of having more power. Very last, there is plebs, working class. Unaware of whole situation and out of picture. Middle class sees them through a computer/television screen. They are not even realisticly in the same room or same life with other 2 class.

Thanks mate! To expand on it, its very literal reflection of Marxist theory in modern times. There is the opressor, than there is the middle class as middle man whos blinded (lack of head/brain) by the sole purpose of having more power. Very last, there is plebs, working class. Unaware of whole situation and out of picture. Middle class sees them through a computer/television screen. They are not even realisticly in the same room or same life with other 2 class.

I like the way you brought this all together. Gives me something to think about

I noticed that the smaller being with the joystick didnt have a head and took it to mean that they were mindless. Didnt even notice the ones in the screen didnt have arms.

I wonder if they designe a cover for Psycho single and Dead Inside. And if it was Matt the one who designed it

I dont think we will get a cover for Psycho. Especially if its getting released with a video. Dead Inside cover is more likely imo.

I wonder if they designe a cover for Psycho single and Dead Inside. And if it was Matt the one who designed it

a continuation of the visual theme for the singles would be fabulous. Like maybe we could see the face of the big powerful being in the album artwork, or a closeup of the "drones"

What are the odds of any b-sides?

This is what I've been wondering, even the odd cover or decent remix would be great. Studio version of Sign o the Times would be ideal :)