Just got a ticket for Newport a week today. The dilemma now is whether I'm going to keep off this forum and avoid all YouTube videos from the preceding concerts in order to enjoy the new songs without any prejudice? That's going to be very difficult. A bit like trying to avoid the football scores so that I can watch Match of the Day in blissful ignorance.

I can't seem to find it in this thread, but how do we know what types of format the album will be coming in? I'm seeing people discuss a box set- is this just an assumption or has it been mentioned?

iirc Matt Mahurin mentioned being in charge of designing a boxset of sorts when he announced he was going to make the artwork. Afterall why wouldn't they make one?

It'll be the usual - cd, cd+dvd, vinyl, boxset, mp3, flac and wav

I wonder how the new stuff will affect the setlist in the future. If there is a story to be told, would it make sense to play the entire album during the gig instead of hand picking a few big hitters?

I doubt it. Even bands that do have albums with a very strong theme tying it together (e.g. Hospice by The Antlers) don't bother with that.

I doubt it. Even bands that do have albums with a very strong theme tying it together (e.g. Hospice by The Antlers) don't bother with that.

Yeah if anything they might play it in full once or twice.

is there any way to get a high resolution image of album cover? i wanna have it on my background. 1920x1080

2000x2000

I have to say I've never heard anyone complain that the cover for The Wall (a wall) is too literal, so the complaints about the cover baffle me a bit. I love it, it's probably tied for 3rd with The Resistance, behind Abso and OoS, for me.

I hope they still put Psycho on their YouTube channel because I have a feeling this site is going to crash again.

I don't think I've ever seen such an exciting tracklist! It's really got me pumped. For some reason, The Handler stands out instantly. And the titles and Matt's description of the album really makes me believe it's a concept album of sorts - as I called sometime last/this week!

Looking forward to hearing Psycho for the first time tonight. Bit confused though, why release Psycho just for the hell of it, then Dead Inside as a single a week later? Pick a single and stick to it! I really don't like this business of releasing loads of songs prior to the album release. Ideally for me, I'd only have heard 1-2 songs before buying the whole album. With T2L, it felt like I'd heard the entire album before buying it!

you're complaining about hearing songs earlier? really?

I don't think I've ever seen such an exciting tracklist! It's really got me pumped. For some reason, The Handler stands out instantly. And the titles and Matt's description of the album really makes me believe it's a concept album of sorts - as I called sometime last/this week!

Looking forward to hearing Psycho for the first time tonight. Bit confused though, why release Psycho just for the hell of it, then Dead Inside as a single a week later? Pick a single and stick to it! I really don't like this business of releasing loads of songs prior to the album release. Ideally for me, I'd only have heard 1-2 songs before buying the whole album. With T2L, it felt like I'd heard the entire album before buying it!

You could, you know...

Not listen to the songs?