Speaking of doing finishes on the MBC-1, anyone think of doing the Red Glitter finish on one of these? I'm honestly debating buying a second one just to do that or something like it. I have a MIGHTY need for it.

This person did

I don't like it though. Probably would look better with a chrome bridge pickup and a better finish

The 2016 lines give you options actually. You can get the cheaper Traditional guitars with the normal neck, nut & tuners, or the High Performance ones with a neck that's a bit wider, access heel, the robotuner and titanium nut. The case for the HP model is really cool. If I get another LP (probably won't) I'd just replace the robotuner as I like all the new specs.

I didn't know the finish can sink o__o Oops, better take mine off as soon as I can.

How light are the new fancy super light Matt Black's? Is he smashing them? :(

I would much prefer the traditional one.

Regular machine heads can do the same thing (I don't think it's unusual for it to happen on most guitars), just removing the G force will probably leave visible impressions since the original area won't be covered up.

And not sure about the new ones. The first one from T2L tour was supposed to be around 2.5kg as the other person said, but I'm thinking the newest ones are slightly heavier. I can't imagine they're drilling holes in the hardware like they were, considering how many are being made in one go.

They've become progressively thinner over time too, which helps massively with reducing weight. The new Matt blacks look to be less than 40mm thick.

Is that why they break in half so easily :facemelt:

I would much prefer the traditional one.

Regular machine heads can do the same thing (I don't think it's unusual for it to happen on most guitars), just removing the G force will probably leave visible impressions since the original area won't be covered up.

And not sure about the new ones. The first one from T2L tour was supposed to be around 2.5kg as the other person said, but I'm thinking the newest ones are slightly heavier. I can't imagine they're drilling holes in the hardware like they were, considering how many are being made in one go.

Ya know, I'm probably better off saving for the DR-1 than an LP though. Now that I have the Cort I want to know what it's like to own a true Manson :rolleyes:

I'm probably gonna replace the G-force this week. Just ordered another set of Gotoh's with chrome keystone buttons for it. :D I really hope the replacement process is as easy as

and the paint hasn't been fucked yet.

Could anyone so kindly post some sound clips comparing the Cort pickup and the MBK-2? I couldn't really find it anywhere. I like the Cort pickup, but really interested in seeing how much better the MBK-2 is. :happy:

I'm curious about the DR-1 as well. It's probably a bit like the MA series, since it seems to be built in the czech factory. I think it's a bit more expensive because of the ebony fretboard, ash body, and the MB shape.

It does look fairly straightforward, but I really wouldn't recommend putting the anchor screws in without some sort of holes drilled first. They are very small and weak screws, and they snap easily, and are not fun to remove.

(speaking from experience)

The last time I had to install machine heads on a new neck, I just used the smallest drill bit I had, and that was enough. Just have to be careful that it doesn't go through the front, but luckily I haven't had that happen.

As for a clip comparing them, I can try to do one comparing to the MB-1 or something, but it's a bit difficult since the Cort is basswood, and none of my other guitars are made of that. So it probably won't be as accurate as it should be. I'd say they're somewhat similar anyway.

I'm curious about the DR-1 as well. It's probably a bit like the MA series, since it seems to be built in the czech factory. I think it's a bit more expensive because of the ebony fretboard, ash body, and the MB shape.

I really like the fact that they'll produce more of it after the first 99. I don't care where to wood was cut tbh, because the Manson folks do the QC and setup themselves before sending it off, right? MB shape, high quality wood & neck, and even if I can't get one of the first numbered editions the normal version doesn't sound too bad, can always put better pickups in after. :rolleyes:and by after I mean 30 years from now

It does look fairly straightforward, but I really wouldn't recommend putting the anchor screws in without some sort of holes drilled first. They are very small and weak screws, and they snap easily, and are not fun to remove.

The last time I had to install machine heads on a new neck, I just used the smallest drill bit I had, and that was enough. Just have to be careful that it doesn't go through the front, but luckily I haven't had that happen.

Well I did put the black SG381 HAPM on the Cort myself. Idk how that guy did it without a pilot hole tbh. I used a pin vise with a drill head because I don't have a drill and I'd never drilled anything before, so drilling through the headstock wouldn't be my biggest problem - I can see myself drilling through my hand :facemelt:

The pin vise was easy enough to use, although I did strip 2 out of the 6 screws because I'm an idiot and used the wrong screwdriver :facemelt: got that taken care out though thankfully

As for a clip comparing them, I can try to do one comparing to the MB-1 or something, but it's a bit difficult since the Cort is basswood, and none of my other guitars are made of that. So it probably won't be as accurate as it should be. I'd say they're somewhat similar anyway.

Oooh ooh could you do it anyway whenever you're free? I saw someone saying that the Cort pickup is great but the MBK-2 is out of this world and I really wanna know :dance: The MBK-2 costs about $200 and the Nailbomb $180 - if the MBK-2 is much better then there's no reason to really get the Nailbomb is there?

The MBK-2 costs about $200 and the Nailbomb $180 - if the MBK-2 is much better then there's no reason to really get the Nailbomb is there?

As far as I'm aware, it's the exact same pickup, but the Manson has the Manson logo. the MBK-3 is the Aftermath as well.

Oooh ooh could you do it anyway whenever you're free? I saw someone saying that the Cort pickup is great but the MBK-2 is out of this world and I really wanna know :dance: The MBK-2 costs about $200 and the Nailbomb $180 - if the MBK-2 is much better then there's no reason to really get the Nailbomb is there?

As someone who had a cort with the standard pickup then fitted an MBK-2 in can say that there is a noticeable difference. The MBK-2 is much better voiced, you can hear more definition in your sound and the bass response is much tighter.

Not sure if the price to improvement ratio matches up though? I paid £80 off someone on here and at that price it was a great upgrade and I think I would feel that way all the way up to £100 but I'm not sure I'd pay much more than that. Might be worth asking in the selling thread has any as you'd be surprised how many people seem to have them kicking around or whatever :LOL:

As someone who had a cort with the standard pickup then fitted an MBK-2 in can say that there is a noticeable difference. The MBK-2 is much better voiced, you can hear more definition in your sound and the bass response is much tighter.

Not sure if the price to improvement ratio matches up though? I paid £80 off someone on here and at that price it was a great upgrade and I think I would feel that way all the way up to £100 but I'm not sure I'd pay much more than that. Might be worth asking in the selling thread has any as you'd be surprised how many people seem to have them kicking around or whatever :LOL:

That sounds amazing. I'm really curious now ;___; are you the one with the Sustainiac also?

As far as I'm aware, it's the exact same pickup, but the Manson has the Manson logo. the MBK-3 is the Aftermath as well.

To my knowledge the MBK-2 and 3 got some minor tweaks that made them better than the vanilla Bare Knuckle pickups but then I again I don't know anything.

EDIT: Forgot to say that damn, I love this finish. I've been running into things (by accident) and the guitar is still without a scratch. Wish I could say the same about my legs ;_;

Edited by Cider

That sounds amazing. I'm really curious now ;___; are you the one with the Sustainiac also?

EDIT: Forgot to say that damn, I love this finish. I've been running into things (by accident) and the guitar is still without a scratch. Wish I could say the same about my legs ;_;

Kind of :LOL: I have the sustainer I just haven't had a chance to fit it yet!

Yeah the finish is great on these but I haven't ran in to anything with it, come to think of it where are you playing that you have enough room to actually run with your guitar? :LOL:

Kind of :LOL: I have the sustainer I just haven't had a chance to fit it yet!

Yeah the finish is great on these but I haven't ran in to anything with it, come to think of it where are you playing that you have enough room to actually run with your guitar? :LOL:

My bedroom. Although it's more "bed" than "room" so I run into the damn bed a lot. My legs are almost always bruised :LOL:

I want the MBK-2 now ;__;

My bedroom. Although it's more "bed" than "room" so I run into the damn bed a lot. My legs are almost always bruised :LOL:

I want the MBK-2 now ;__;

:LOL:

I'd keep an eye on here they come up fairly often and people on here are usually really fair with prices etc :D

I'd keep an eye on here they come up fairly often and people on here are usually really fair with prices etc :D

I'm a little upset that I missed the chance to buy that black MBK-2 that popped up on here and then also the chrome one. I was lurking back then.

I also had my eye on some Lace Deathbuckers instead, or maybe some Holy Divers...gotta get rid of the Dimarzios in my other guitar too. Such is life.

I wish sustainer pickups were easier to install, was thinking about just grabbing an Ebow or doing that one mod where its just a surface mounted sustainer circut or something.

Will do :D but then again it's not *that* bad if I were to buy them new from Manson so I can get the fancy black one with "Manson" written on it because I'm a poser :rolleyes:

I'm a little upset that I missed the chance to buy that black MBK-2 that popped up on here and then also the chrome one. I was lurking back then.

I also had my eye on some Lace Deathbuckers instead, or maybe some Holy Divers...gotta get rid of the Dimarzios in my other guitar too. Such is life.

I wish sustainer pickups were easier to install, was thinking about just grabbing an Ebow or doing that one mod where its just a surface mounted sustainer circut or something.

I've been talking to Samz2 about the Sustainiac installation in America, but since I'm only a bedroom player and I only dabble into recording every once in a while the Cort with perhaps MBK-2 is good enough. The Sustainiac stuff sounds better for people who actually gig. :happy:

I've been talking to Samz2 about the Sustainiac installation in America, but since I'm only a bedroom player and I only dabble into recording every once in a while the Cort with perhaps MBK-2 is good enough. The Sustainiac stuff sounds better for people who actually gig. :happy:

I want one just because it's so damn cool lol

I gig from time to time but no where near what I used to. I remember finding out that a lot of Matt's lines were using the sustainer and not just DA SUSTAIN and stuff. Was actually back in HAARP, and I was like " how is he getting such great feedback on these held notes what?" before I was real in depth on his instruments and gear. So then I just started cranking my fuzzes up to 11 and using amp feedback to get my sustain. Now when I record covers on Bandhub I can't do that :(

I think if I had the choice of one upgrade I'd just go straight for a sustainer over the MBK-2 tbh, but damn if bareknuckle pickups aren't tempting....

I want one just because it's so damn cool lol

I gig from time to time but no where near what I used to. I remember finding out that a lot of Matt's lines were using the sustainer and not just DA SUSTAIN and stuff. Was actually back in HAARP, and I was like " how is he getting such great feedback on these held notes what?" before I was real in depth on his instruments and gear. So then I just started cranking my fuzzes up to 11 and using amp feedback to get my sustain. Now when I record covers on Bandhub I can't do that :(

I think if I had the choice of one upgrade I'd just go straight for a sustainer over the MBK-2 tbh, but damn if bareknuckle pickups aren't tempting....

Where are you again? It's actually not that bad to have Maniac Music (the people who make the system) install the Sustainiac for you in the US. I called around and so far it's the most affordable option

Where are you again? It's actually not that bad to have Maniac Music (the people who make the system) install the Sustainiac for you in the US. I called around and so far it's the most affordable option

Its the most affordable option for sure if you're in the states but you'll be stuck with having the toggle switches right next to the main controls at an angle instead of offset parallel to the bridge, since you'd have to get it routed if you want that and afaik they don't like doing cavity routing jobs.

or you could opt for push pull pots and defeat the whole purpose of bell0rz authenticity and more difficult operation of squeeling sounds

Its the most affordable option for sure if you're in the states but you'll be stuck with having the toggle switches right next to the main controls at an angle instead of offset parallel to the bridge, since you'd have to get it routed if you want that and afaik they don't like doing cavity routing jobs.

or you could opt for push pull pots and defeat the whole purpose of bell0rz authenticity and more difficult operation of squeeling sounds

I'm wondering if anyone has ever opted for a separate push-pull pot just for the sustainiac and position it so that the 3 pots (volume, tone, sustainiac) and the toggle switch make a diamond.

Add the custom knobs and that'd look pretty neat :D

I'm in Texas, but 300 is kinda steep seeing as I could literally almost buy a new MBC-1 to refinish for that...but it's still tempting.

Honestly, the position the toggles end up in when not routing is just fine. You'll never hit them by accident. If the aesthetics and lack of bellz authenticity don't bother you, it won't be a problem.

Anyone with mad Photoshop skill could help me put another control knob on the guitar and position it so that the 3 knobs and the toggle switch could form a diamond? I'm trying to imagine how that control scheme would look like for the Sustainiac.

gaq0DmEl.jpg

Anyone with mad Photoshop skill could help me put another control knob on the guitar and position it so that the 3 knobs and the toggle switch could form a diamond? I'm trying to imagine how that control scheme would look like for the Sustainiac.

gaq0DmEl.jpg

Sustainiac uses another knob rather than toggle/switches? Either way, if you're gonna add another knob I wouldn't do it there. Do it like MB had it on 007/Delorean/Black MIDI along the side further down from tone knob

Sustainiac uses another knob rather than toggle/switches? Either way, if you're gonna add another knob I wouldn't do it there. Do it like MB had it on 007/Delorean/Black MIDI along the side further down from tone knob

in any case as well you're probably still gonna need extra routing done because the sustainiac board just BARELY fits in the default control cavity already; and if you want another knob there then that won't fit either because you'd need a pot and space to put it in and considering the sustainiac board is already a tight fit there's practically gonna be no room for that config.

and how exactly would it work off a single knob? I dont think they've ever wired it so you can switch from harmonic/fundamental/regular sustain AND turn it on in the same pot