Woah, thank you so much for the heads up. I really appreciate it. I'll probably try the long screws and try to be super extra careful :$

My trade-in evaporated over the weekend but it showed up again on Fedex's tracking, still supposedly on vehicle for delivery today though. The suspense is killing me :facemelt: In any case, the Cort needs to get here before next Thursday cause I leave for NYC right after my last final. Come to think of it, I probably won't have much time with the guitar at all :$:$:$

No worries, I'm happy to help :)

You should be fine with the longer screws mine have held up nicely for the last 6 months and I only ever play standing up in a room large enough to run and jump around in so they have been properly tested :LOL:

I need to order a new volume knob for mine as the rather large commemorative 100 year history book of the company I work for took a jump off my shelf at home and killed the volume knob :( At the moment my quick fix was to simply wiring the output straight through so I'm playing permanently at 10 :LOL:

It's sad when even on the weekend your company finds a way to ruin your day using nothing but inanimate objects :LOL:

I need to order a new volume knob for mine as the rather large commemorative 100 year history book of the company I work for took a jump off my shelf at home and killed the volume knob :( At the moment my quick fix was to simply wiring the output straight through so I'm playing permanently at 10 :LOL:

It's sad when even on the weekend your company finds a way to ruin your day using nothing but inanimate objects :LOL:

Doesn't sound like a small book either - probably the equivalent of one of Bs' posts if it was in hardcopy

And you're playing it permanently at 10? I think we should suggest that setup to rust_relic to make his setup a bit simpler :chuckle:

It's for my birthday :party::party::party: Usually I would just stay home but I guess being able to drink is worth some sort of celebration :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: Please tell me I'm not gonna freeze to death :twitchy:

Thanks for the suggestion on the strapblock thingies, I might try them out. I mostly just sit in bed practicing but whenever I stand up I get all paranoid. Room definitely not big enough for any swinging/ jumping around tho :facemelt::facemelt::facemelt:

Fair enough! And probably not, but I was already considering spending a week in California this winter (though it would be for the staples center shows more than anything else)

Did your guitar arrive?

Doesn't sound like a small book either - probably the equivalent of one of Bs' posts if it was in hardcopy

And you're playing it permanently at 10? I think we should suggest that setup to rust_relic to make his setup a bit simpler :chuckle:

Not quite that big, I'm pretty sure if it was a hardcopy of one of Bs' posts it would have killed the guitar and wiped half my house out as well :LOL:

I should add that I have a volume pedal which I generally use more than the knob anyway...

Fair enough! And probably not, but I was already considering spending a week in California this winter (though it would be for the staples center shows more than anything else)

Did your guitar arrive?

Guitar did arrive at the dealer, but he's claiming there's something wrong with the 4 screws in the back and wants me to pay more for the trade :wtf: Oh well, I'd rather do that than lose $100 shipping the guitar back and forth, plus I want the Cort pretty badly now :twitchy:

Yeah, about those Staples Center show. I'm kind of mad at Muse, sorta. See, my last final is on the 18th and I didn't want to go down to LA right away, so I got ticket for Oakland and made NYC plans with the boyfriend. Bought our tickets and booked the rooms. Then they added the 19th show, which happens to be on my birthday :twitchy::twitchy::twitchy:

On guitar knobs, these look a bit like the custom Manson ones, don't they? If that's the case I might pull the plug once the guitar gets here http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X77S90Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1THAZDOWP300U

Guitar did arrive at the dealer, but he's claiming there's something wrong with the 4 screws in the back and wants me to pay more for the trade :wtf: Oh well, I'd rather do that than lose $100 shipping the guitar back and forth, plus I want the Cort pretty badly now :twitchy:

Yeah, about those Staples Center show. I'm kind of mad at Muse, sorta. See, my last final is on the 18th and I didn't want to go down to LA right away, so I got ticket for Oakland and made NYC plans with the boyfriend. Bought our tickets and booked the rooms. Then they added the 19th show, which happens to be on my birthday :twitchy::twitchy::twitchy:

On guitar knobs, these look a bit like the custom Manson ones, don't they? If that's the case I might pull the plug once the guitar gets here http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X77S90Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1THAZDOWP300U

What could possibly be wrong with the four screws? Those just bolt the neck to the body. Sounds more like they want more money

Yeah I have no idea why they announced the U.S. shows so slowly. I know they usually announce the second nights at the same venue later, but they were almost doing each show one at a time. I nearly bought a ticket for one of the staples center shows, but luckily they posted some in NY and NJ.... only concern is that the weather is going to cause a problem getting there. It's happened before :facepalm:

And those are a bit different. There were some ones on the UK eBay a while back that were somewhat similar, but not as clean looking. They were about £5 each, but the listing is gone now... I think the people on here bought all of them

What could possibly be wrong with the four screws? Those just bolt the neck to the body. Sounds more like they want more money

Yeah I have no idea why they announced the U.S. shows so slowly. I know they usually announce the second nights at the same venue later, but they were almost doing each show one at a time. I nearly bought a ticket for one of the staples center shows, but luckily they posted some in NY and NJ.... only concern is that the weather is going to cause a problem getting there. It's happened before :facepalm:

And those are a bit different. There were some ones on the UK eBay a while back that were somewhat similar, but not as clean looking. They were about £5 each, but the listing is gone now... I think the people on here bought all of them

basically stripped screws, widened screw holes and a dead straight neck. I actually feel super bad for them because I had no idea. I'm happy I'm getting a new guitar and all, but I'd feel horrible if they got a bad trade-in :/ I had a tech guy do all the guitar's setup. He gets really good yelp reviews, but honestly I'm not sure anymore :/ Either it was the tech or the guitar just being crappy itself, which worries me because it was made at Cort's Indonesia factory. Really hope the MBC1 has better QC.

Oh and they sold out of their MBC1 stock, so the dealer has to order it directly from Cort for me. He said he requested the darkest fingerboard possible, we'll see. One drawback is it'll probably get here after I leave town, so I don't get to play with it before my birthday :(

Now that I have more time to gather stuff for upgrades, let's start scheming this thing :p First question: the knobs on this guitar, do they have 6mm or 1/4 shafts? I might want to black everything out before school starts again, so what's a good replacement bridge? :D

basically stripped screws, widened screw holes and a dead straight neck. I actually feel super bad for them because I had no idea. I'm happy I'm getting a new guitar and all, but I'd feel horrible if they got a bad trade-in :/ I had a tech guy do all the guitar's setup. He gets really good yelp reviews, but honestly I'm not sure anymore :/ Either it was the tech or the guitar just being crappy itself, which worries me because it was made at Cort's Indonesia factory. Really hope the MBC1 has better QC.

Oh and they sold out of their MBC1 stock, so the dealer has to order it directly from Cort for me. He said he requested the darkest fingerboard possible, we'll see. One drawback is it'll probably get here after I leave town, so I don't get to play with it before my birthday :(

Now that I have more time to gather stuff for upgrades, let's start scheming this thing :p First question: the knobs on this guitar, do they have 6mm or 1/4 shafts? I might want to black everything out before school starts again, so what's a good replacement bridge? :D

1/4" is 6.35mm, split shafts are usually just under at 5.95mm so either way I think you'd be ok if you went with pots using a grub screw. Personally i'd pull the stock pots and put some CTS in, as they're going to be pretty mediocre stock.

That doesn't sound right, especially the part about the dead straight neck. It's not like you can't adjust it.

The only thing that could happen related to the neck mounting bolts is that the neck might shift from side to side slightly if it got knocked around in shipping too much. That happened with my MB-1, and it was an incredibly easy fix. If I'm able to do that, then ANY tech should be able to... and not charge you extra (which they shouldn't be doing anyway, as you never even received the guitar)

Not sure about the knobs (the control pots would be the imports though, so whatever those are) and as for the bridge, I'm not sure if there's a drop in replacement or if you need to replace the studs as well. Musecasters might know something about this, as his had the bridge changed.

That doesn't sound right, especially the part about the dead straight neck. It's not like you can't adjust it.

The only thing that could happen related to the neck mounting bolts is that the neck might shift from side to side slightly if it got knocked around in shipping too much. That happened with my MB-1, and it was an incredibly easy fix. If I'm able to do that, then ANY tech should be able to... and not charge you extra (which they shouldn't be doing anyway, as you never even received the guitar)

Not sure about the knobs (the control pots would be the imports though, so whatever those are) and as for the bridge, I'm not sure if there's a drop in replacement or if you need to replace the studs as well. Musecasters might know something about this, as his had the bridge changed.

Agree, it sounds like they have stiffed you regarding the trade in, seems shifty.

The bridge and tuners will probs be metric, so Gotoh bridges should fit just fine, but as James says, maybe Musecasters can chip in to confirm.

i used the gotoh Nashville bridge and that was a straight swap

http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/hardware-parts-c1/bridges-tailpieces-c2/tune-o-matic-bridges-c36/tune-o-matic-bridge-p654

What do Mansons do about the finish where they route out a larger cavity for the sustainiac or Fernandes??

The extra bit in the cavity is painted black, but it doesn't look the same as the paint Cort use in the factory. The finish on the outside doesn't look any different though.

Agree, it sounds like they have stiffed you regarding the trade in, seems shifty.

The bridge and tuners will probs be metric, so Gotoh bridges should fit just fine, but as James says, maybe Musecasters can chip in to confirm.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

That's what my boyfriend said too. I feel dumb :( But the dealer said he tried twisting the truss rod and the neck didn't move, so he's going go let the guitar adjust to the climate. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case because I've had that guitar since August and had to re-setup it every 4 weeks or so :stunned:

Then again, I still got rid of a guitar I didn't want anymore and getting the MBC-1, so there's that :D Good thing I have my Les Paul to tie me over for now :rolleyes:

Thanks james90 and musecaster for the mod recommendations :happy: I haven't heard when the guitar would get here, but I'll let you guys know when I order the mods! Not that the guitar getting here next week matters much since I still have to study for my macro & open macro finals next week and leave right after the second final is over :$

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

That's what my boyfriend said too. I feel dumb :( But the dealer said he tried twisting the truss rod and the neck didn't move, so he's going go let the guitar adjust to the climate. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case because I've had that guitar since August and had to re-setup it every 4 weeks or so :stunned:

Then again, I still got rid of a guitar I didn't want anymore and getting the MBC-1, so there's that :D Good thing I have my Les Paul to tie me over for now :rolleyes:

Thanks james90 and musecaster for the mod recommendations :happy: I haven't heard when the guitar would get here, but I'll let you guys know when I order the mods! Not that the guitar getting here next week matters much since I still have to study for my macro & open macro finals next week and leave right after the second final is over :$

Have you bought from this dealer before? If it needed to be re-setup every few weeks, then that suggests that the neck is moving too much and isn't stable - the opposite of what the dealer is describing.

Also, from what musecasters said, it's this bridge - but I would get it from here since you're in the U.S.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Bridges_and_Tailpieces/Bridges_and_Tailpieces_for_Electric_Guitar/Tune-o-matics/Gotoh_Tune-o-matic_Bridge_with_Standard_Posts.html

I emailed Manson's about a final spec custom order MBC about 6 days ago and they still haven't replied. All my previous emails to them about the custom order were usually answered within a day. I know they're probably swamped with orders because of the holidays coming up but at this point should I just send another email when its early in the morning so it'll be one of the first few to get read or should I just wait some more? I'm GAS'ing pretty hard for it to be paid for and on its way so you know how that goes. :D

Have you bought from this dealer before? If it needed to be re-setup every few weeks, then that suggests that the neck is moving too much and isn't stable - the opposite of what the dealer is describing.

Also, from what musecasters said, it's this bridge - but I would get it from here since you're in the U.S.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Bridges_and_Tailpieces/Bridges_and_Tailpieces_for_Electric_Guitar/Tune-o-matics/Gotoh_Tune-o-matic_Bridge_with_Standard_Posts.html

I haven't bought from neither dealer before (either the G&L nor the Cort). I only started to learn in June of this year, so I didn't know how things worked.

I honestly believe the Cort dealer to be telling the truth though - I told him that I've only brought it to my tech to setup and didn't do it myself, and he told me I should get a new tech because he's been trying to adjust the neck and the truss rod was really really tight + the 4 screws were stripped with the holes widened. My guess is that the tech might've overtighten the truss rod since I kept needing adjustments?

Either that or I just bought a guitar that didn't have good QC, which brings us back to my original question regarding the QC at that Cort factory, since both the MBC-1 and ASAT seem to be built at the same Indonesian factory :$

Dealer did say my guitar should have shipped today and he'll give me the tracking once his Cort rep sends it to him, so that's a plus ^^ He did ask for the darkest fretboard for me too ^^

That's fair enough, but what the dealer is saying still doesn't seem to add up.

No idea how the other tech set it up, but if this one claims the neck is dead straight, then if anything, he'll need to loosen the truss rod - not tighten it further. That should only be a problem if it's actually stuck or not functioning at all.

The issue with the screws seems a bit unusual - the screws themselves cost a few dollars to replace, and the holes are easy enough to repair unless they're stripped to the point of the threads being gone completely. Like I said, if I'm able to do that repair (and confident enough to do it on an MB-1) then any tech should be able to.

As for the QC, the G&L was probably built at the same factory (I am pretty sure Cort is the actual builder for several different major brands) but the three MBC-1s that I've played so far have been really nice. A few months back I was having a discussion with someone who used to have an MA-2, and he said he actually preferred the MBC-1. I think he was actually tempted to buy one, even though he didn't realize it :chuckle:

Anyone in Canada pick one of these up? Wouldn't mind being able to give a test spin to one, but according to Cort web site they only have one dealer in Canada (West coast)? Doesn't seem right.

I think you'll have more trouble finding another Canadian on here than you'll have finding a Cort MBC-1 in Canada. You'll have to settle for me unfortunately.

Nah any Cort dealer should have one. They're all over the U.S. eBay already, so if there's a place in Canada that is a Cort dealer, I'd try there

If you come to NYC next month you're welcome to try mine, but I'm guessing you're only going to the gig in Philadelphia and back.

I think you'll have more trouble finding another Canadian on here than you'll have finding a Cort MBC-1 in Canada. You'll have to settle for me unfortunately.

Nah any Cort dealer should have one. They're all over the U.S. eBay already, so if there's a place in Canada that is a Cort dealer, I'd try there

If you come to NYC next month you're welcome to try mine, but I'm guessing you're only going to the gig in Philadelphia and back.

Yea, I'm sure there has to be some local shops that deal with Cort, seems crazy that there is one shop in all of Canada. I would think that is bad for sales! Maybe their website just sucks. I could also jump the border down to Guitar Center or something since they do have them, or there are some online options.

I can't recall, are you going to the Philly show? I am only attending that one, and not NYC due to it being middle of the week. I'll be in Philly for the entire weekend though.