Yea, I'm sure there has to be some local shops that deal with Cort, seems crazy that there is one shop in all of Canada. I would think that is bad for sales! Maybe their website just sucks. I could also jump the border down to Guitar Center or something since they do have them, or there are some online options.

I can't recall, are you going to the Philly show? I am only attending that one, and not NYC due to it being middle of the week. I'll be in Philly for the entire weekend though.

No idea, you sure that's not just a distributor or something?

And I was, but will be going to the Newark show instead. What I'm wondering about now is how all of these people are getting meet and greets...apparently it has to do with radio stations?

No idea, you sure that's not just a distributor or something?

And I was, but will be going to the Newark show instead. What I'm wondering about now is how all of these people are getting meet and greets...apparently it has to do with radio stations?

I haven't heard of this taking place at all actually? I'm getting pretty amped for this show. Even with the setlists not as great as I would have hoped, God damn the few spoilers i've checked out for this show look amazing.

I've come across a lot of people saying they thought this show was better than TR and T2L.

I haven't heard of this taking place at all actually? I'm getting pretty amped for this show. Even with the setlists not as great as I would have hoped, God damn the few spoilers i've checked out for this show look amazing.

I've come across a lot of people saying they thought this show was better than TR and T2L.

I don't know, I've just seen an unusual amount of recent meet and greet pictures from U.S. shows on instagram.

and yeah, same here. Going to both the NJ and NY shows next month.

That's fair enough, but what the dealer is saying still doesn't seem to add up.

No idea how the other tech set it up, but if this one claims the neck is dead straight, then if anything, he'll need to loosen the truss rod - not tighten it further. That should only be a problem if it's actually stuck or not functioning at all.

The issue with the screws seems a bit unusual - the screws themselves cost a few dollars to replace, and the holes are easy enough to repair unless they're stripped to the point of the threads being gone completely. Like I said, if I'm able to do that repair (and confident enough to do it on an MB-1) then any tech should be able to.

As for the QC, the G&L was probably built at the same factory (I am pretty sure Cort is the actual builder for several different major brands) but the three MBC-1s that I've played so far have been really nice. A few months back I was having a discussion with someone who used to have an MA-2, and he said he actually preferred the MBC-1. I think he was actually tempted to buy one, even though he didn't realize it :chuckle:

So I finally have an update on the guitar! It gets here tomorrow, damn it. I get out of my Macro final at 12:30 and have someone picking me up at 1 to catch my 3pm flight. Fedex usually comes around 12:00 :$ I might be able to catch him but I wouldn't keep my hopes up :$

Wanna let me play your fancy guitars while I'm in town :p

Either way, I'm pretty psyched to finally have it. I get home early January, then I can set it up and all :LOL: (yay me for using my Gibson as setup practice :LOL:) I just ordered the Gotoh bridge in black on ebay, thinking of changing the tuners as well now that I have my birthday money. :D

Is something like this good enough as replacement tuners, or do I actually need the HAPM ones? These *should* have staggered posts like the Cort ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Gotoh-SG381-MGT-6-In-Line-Locking-Mini-Tuning-Keys-16-1-BLACK-/331186800456?hash=item4d1c458748:g:TGoAAOSwQItT710o

I really want the black aluminum buttons too. Did you get yours yet, james90? How long does Manson take to ship things? Black custom machineheads are also nice but the fact that they cost more than tuners x~x

So I finally have an update on the guitar! It gets here tomorrow, damn it. I get out of my Macro final at 12:30 and have someone picking me up at 1 to catch my 3pm flight. Fedex usually comes around 12:00 :$ I might be able to catch him but I wouldn't keep my hopes up :$

Either way, I'm pretty psyched to finally have it. I get home early January, then I can set it up and all :LOL: (yay me for using my Gibson as setup practice :LOL:) I just ordered the Gotoh bridge in black on ebay, thinking of changing the tuners as well now that I have my birthday money. :D

Is something like this good enough as replacement tuners, or do I actually need the HAPM ones? These *should* have staggered posts like the Cort ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Gotoh-SG381-MGT-6-In-Line-Locking-Mini-Tuning-Keys-16-1-BLACK-/331186800456?hash=item4d1c458748:g:TGoAAOSwQItT710o

I really want the black aluminum buttons too. Did you get yours yet, james90? How long does Manson take to ship things? Black custom machineheads are also nice but the fact that they cost more than tuners x~x

If you want authentic bell0rz approved tuners get these http://g-jax.com/510/sgs510z.html

with HAP string post and S5 button, plus they look more aesthetically pleasing but whatever floats your boat.

Do you have someone there to sign for it at least? I imagine it will need a signature if it's insured (I recall anything over $500 does)

Heh anyone off here is allowed to (except that greasy texan, who will need to wash his hands first)

I would get the ones that are actually height adjustable. I have a guitar that originally had locking staggered tuners, and I replaced them with height adjustable ones. If anything, the tuning stability is slightly better. They were the same Gotoh 510 type, just different models.

Which ones? They're usually pretty good about sending stuff out, but if it's a smaller shipment that's going royal mail (USPS) then it can vary in how long it takes for you to receive it. Especially at this time of year.

Asked roommate to sign for it and let a note for fedex to call him, they didn't. Ended up not delivering it . I had to call fedex to ask them to hold it for me since they wouldn't let me sign up for delivery manager ;__; it's almost like the guitar Gods are testing my patience with this guitar. I'm at the airport now waiting for my (delayed) flight to JFK. *sighs*

The aluminum knobs, James. I remember you were buying them? If not, my bad. I just saw some pictures of a blacked out MBC1 that someone on here posted and OHMYGAWD I want it. I guess I'll really shell out for the toys.

Looking at tuners right now. What's the difference between HAP and HAPM? Tbh I didn't really care about the price difference between the 381 and 510 tuners, just that the 381 had the knob thingy whereas it looked like the 510 would require a quarter to open. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!

Hm, so would you estimate the wait time be several weeks or several months?

Asked roommate to sign for it and let a note for fedex to call him, they didn't. Ended up not delivering it . I had to call fedex to ask them to hold it for me since they wouldn't let me sign up for delivery manager ;__; it's almost like the guitar Gods are testing my patience with this guitar. I'm at the airport now waiting for my (delayed) flight to JFK. *sighs*

The aluminum knobs, James. I remember you were buying them? If not, my bad. I just saw some pictures of a blacked out MBC1 that someone on here posted and OHMYGAWD I want it. I guess I'll really shell out for the toys.

Looking at tuners right now. What's the difference between HAP and HAPM? Tbh I didn't really care about the price difference between the 381 and 510 tuners, just that the 381 had the knob thingy whereas it looked like the 510 would require a quarter to open. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!

Hm, so would you estimate the wait time be several weeks or several months?

Yeah that's probably best then, otherwise they'd make two more attempts. You can leave a signed/dated note if it requires an indirect signature, but if it requires a direct signature, then someone actually needs to be there to sign for it.

I did buy some about a month ago (maybe you're referring to that) but they were for another project being done by someone else, so it's with them at the minute.

I'm not exactly sure what the difference between HAP and HAPM are. I think M is the locking version (magnum lock or something like that), but I might be wrong.

I prefer the ones that require the quarter to open (a bit easier to restring), but I'd get the non locking height adjustable ones over both of them. They're much more difficult to find though.

If you get the black anodized machine head buttons from Mansons at some point, it would be worth asking them if they have the 381 HAP machine heads in black. These are what the MA series guitars come with.

I'd say probably 2-3 weeks after they send it.

Yea, I'm sure there has to be some local shops that deal with Cort, seems crazy that there is one shop in all of Canada. I would think that is bad for sales! Maybe their website just sucks. I could also jump the border down to Guitar Center or something since they do have them, or there are some online options.

I can't recall, are you going to the Philly show? I am only attending that one, and not NYC due to it being middle of the week. I'll be in Philly for the entire weekend though.

Canadian here who ended up buying one from the US months ago before the dollar went to shit.

Most Canadian Cort dealers at the time had stopped carrying the brand, as the distributor had recently changed (this was in the Spring) so I found it nearly impossible to find anyone selling it here. Ended up picking it up on an already planned car trip to the US.

Looks like it might be for the west coast only. KROQ had a contest which ended last september for a meet and greet at the staples center gigs, but I see nothing for the east coast. I figure they won't announce anything either, since it's getting close now

Unless you're aware of any?

Looks like it might be for the west coast only. KROQ had a contest which ended last september for a meet and greet at the staples center gigs, but I see nothing for the east coast. I figure they won't announce anything either, since it's getting close now

Unless you're aware of any?

I've heard nothing for around me. Then again, I do not listen to local radio because the radio stations are shit. I only listen to my own music or SiriusXM

I've heard nothing for around me. Then again, I do not listen to local radio because the radio stations are shit. I only listen to my own music or SiriusXM

#hipster

Nah I agree, but I wouldn't even know what to listen to, and I doubt there would be anything online letting us know.

I do know that they were giving away tickets on some CBS radio station not too long ago, but other than that, I haven't seen anything.

#hipster

Nah I agree, but I wouldn't even know what to listen to, and I doubt there would be anything online letting us know.

I do know that they were giving away tickets on some CBS radio station not too long ago, but other than that, I haven't seen anything.

I get e-mails for contests that are going on for the one Toronto station (same one that was giving away a trip to the Webster Hall gig). I've not seen anything Muse related from them. Everything about this whole tour is weird and feels like half effort.

got my guitar in the mail yesterday, right before work so I had to anxiously wait to play it all day before I could get home - to where I couldnt crank my amp up because it was late :p Oh well, here she is, couldn't be more satisfied! The only thing I'd change about this guitar is maybe give it a satin neck or an unfinished neck.

Now the question is, MBK-2's or just splurge for the Holy Diver pickup.....

49ab581fc5.jpg

Also I cant remember who was talking about the fret markers on the side being " Half way there" but I have the same thing - however it's because they're halfway on the fretboard wood and halfway on the neck wood, so it gives the illusion of it only being half there. I rarely use them myself and I only have a peice of medical tape on my guitars necks at the twelfth fret to help me.

James90, what's the advantage of HAP vs ordinary staggered posts? Are the ones on the Cort adjustable as well? I'll make an order someone next week for tuners, probably.

Sidious911, congratulations!! She's beautiful. Your fretboard looks pretty dark as well ^^ I'm so anxious for mine. I'm on my second leg of holiday travel but I kind of just want to cancel Christmas so i could go home and play with mine ^^°

James90, what's the advantage of HAP vs ordinary staggered posts? Are the ones on the Cort adjustable as well? I'll make an order someone next week for tuners, probably.

Sidious911, congratulations!! She's beautiful. Your fretboard looks pretty dark as well ^^ I'm so anxious for mine. I'm on my second leg of holiday travel but I kind of just want to cancel Christmas so i could go home and play with mine ^^°

I think you were reffering to the wrong person but I understood it anyways:p

I just got her a new strap/strap buttons, will take higher res photos soon.

And yeah the fretboard is fairly dark, but it still looks like rosewood - probably gonna oil her up before I put elixirs on her

It's the string angle behind the nut. The Cort ones are staggered, which helps, but you can't adjust the height like you can with the HAPs.

has anyone tried to remove the cort decal off the headstock yet? I assume it'd be fairly easily to remove without any damage to the finish. the decal just looks unsightly with that weird registered trademark tag and I'd rather just have a naked headstock with MB's signature.

Did you mix me up here? I didn't get a Cort, I only have my home made Mattocaster.

Looks like I might be going a different pickup route other than the MBK-2, They're near impossible to find in the US and I'm sure shipping from the UK would be WAY more than I could want. Definitely switching out the Neck for a Holy Diver though, just fell in love with it from a friends demo - Also don't feel like paying $300+ for a sustainiac system.

has anyone tried to remove the cort decal off the headstock yet? I assume it'd be fairly easily to remove without any damage to the finish. the decal just looks unsightly with that weird registered trademark tag and I'd rather just have a naked headstock with MB's signature.

I'd want to but only because mine is #NotForResale

I'd probably want a Manson decal or some other decal with another thing there in its place, because I can't stand blank headstocks that aren't Strat shaped

Did you mix me up here? I didn't get a Cort, I only have my home made Mattocaster.

Yeah probably did because our posts were so close and we both started with S heh.

Have pictures up on a thread anywhere? I'd love to see it.

I'd want to but only because mine is #NotForResale

I'd probably want a Manson decal or some other decal with another thing there in its place, because I can't stand blank headstocks that aren't Strat shaped

yeah I'd just keep mine a blank headstock but keep MB's signature on there. I wouldn't wanna put a manson logo on it because I mean... thats just blasphemy lol

the problem is no one knows if it's a painted on decal or a waterslided decal or what and how easy it would be to remove, I really don't wanna be sanding anything off since i'm not really sure what kind of paint is used for the matte finish either

yeah I'd just keep mine a blank headstock but keep MB's signature on there. I wouldn't wanna put a manson logo on it because I mean... thats just blasphemy lol

the problem is no one knows if it's a painted on decal or a waterslided decal or what and how easy it would be to remove, I really don't wanna be sanding anything off since i'm not really sure what kind of paint is used for the matte finish either

Yeah it's also illegal tbh, but only if you're trying to pass it off as a forgery but then again anyone can tell the cort from the Manson, heh. I'm just not a HUGE fan of the cort logo and how it looks - But I'm also REALLY picky about my logos. For instance, I own an Ibanez Talman from '93 that's the solid body version. Love the logo on it because its really nice and script like. However ACTUAL ibanez logos kinda make me want to vomit. That's just me though.

And that's the only thing I'm worried about too, is what EXACTLY is the logo on the headstock. It feels the same as the finish so I have reason to believe its paint, and I don't want to risk damaging that. Maybe when I buy another one to get it refinished in red glitter I'll know for sure.

Yeah it's also illegal tbh, but only if you're trying to pass it off as a forgery but then again anyone can tell the cort from the Manson, heh. I'm just not a HUGE fan of the cort logo and how it looks - But I'm also REALLY picky about my logos. For instance, I own an Ibanez Talman from '93 that's the solid body version. Love the logo on it because its really nice and script like. However ACTUAL ibanez logos kinda make me want to vomit. That's just me though.

And that's the only thing I'm worried about too, is what EXACTLY is the logo on the headstock. It feels the same as the finish so I have reason to believe its paint, and I don't want to risk damaging that. Maybe when I buy another one to get it refinished in red glitter I'll know for sure.

if we are to believe the picture in the upper left hand corner of this https://www.mansonguitarworks.com/assets/images/shop/products/main/main_148.jpg then the cort logo is painted on after the main matte paint is applied, which means there has to be a very risky way of sanding off the logo and still keep the finish intact