in any case as well you're probably still gonna need extra routing done because the sustainiac board just BARELY fits in the default control cavity already; and if you want another knob there then that won't fit either because you'd need a pot and space to put it in and considering the sustainiac board is already a tight fit there's practically gonna be no room for that config.

and how exactly would it work off a single knob? I dont think they've ever wired it so you can switch from harmonic/fundamental/regular sustain AND turn it on in the same pot

I don't know anything about the sustainiac but it looks like the standard option is push-pull http://www.sustainiac.com/controls.htm but you would sacrifice one of your knobs so I was wondering what if you just add another knob

I'm pretty great with electronics, drilling into the instrument might terrify me a bit.

Shipping the guitar out and back seemed pretty expensive, though?

And I have no reason to ever be out in the part of the country, sadly.

Do you already have the guitar? If not you could buy it online, get it shipped there to install the sustainiac, then you only have to pay to ship it to you

Do you already have the guitar? If not you could buy it online, get it shipped there to install the sustainiac, then you only have to pay to ship it to you

Yeah, already have it. Thought he'd rather have the neck pickup, which is pretty damn good, instead of the sustainer... but was wrong. :noey:

I can probably find some reason to drive down that way once it warms up, I suppose.

As that other user said on the last page, you can also fit it with the push/pull controls and no drilling/routing. The circuit board barely fits though - I've seen a picture of an install like that, and it looks pretty tricky and is probably not ideal if you can have it routed for the more common toggle switches.

Also, the sustainiac does function as a normal neck pickup when it's switched off. It will sound a bit different compared to the current one though.

We hope to have news following this years NAMM show at the end of January!"

Sounds like it's really close. I should amend my comment, I think that it'll be cool for the people who haven't gotten a Cort yet. Pay no mind if you already have one.

Somehow this makes me salty and that I shoulda waited :(

WHAT IF ITS THE RED GLITTER?!?

Somehow this makes me salty and that I shoulda waited :(

WHAT IF ITS THE RED GLITTER?!?

You can never have enough MB guitars. :rolleyes: I'm too poor for Manson but I full well intend to get all the Cort releases :rolleyes: I hope it's one with double P90, but I wouldn't mind an XY pad either

You can never have enough MB guitars. :rolleyes: I'm too poor for Manson but I full well intend to get all the Cort releases :rolleyes: I hope it's one with double P90, but I wouldn't mind an XY pad either

I hope its red glitter personally. I have a personal stigma against P90's, but that's just me. an XY pad would be neat as fuck, but I don't have any MIDI toys to pair it with :(

I hope its red glitter personally. I have a personal stigma against P90's, but that's just me. an XY pad would be neat as fuck, but I don't have any MIDI toys to pair it with :(

What's wrong with P90s?

Can't see there being an XY pad model, probably going to be a delorean looking one. Or a left handed mbc-1.

Personally I hope it's a holo-flake. Not a fan of red tbh, but if that's the one then I'll get it too :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll just do a matt silver though

I just don't like them. The tone, shape, look... I just dunno man. I mostly REALLY hate 60 cycle hum. If they were just Humbuckers with a single coil sound, I guess I could get behind that.

lmao run a strat through a cranked marshall with everything on 11

you haven't heard 60 cycle hum until you've tried that

He said it was something cool for people who didn't own one already; makes me think it's not an entirely different model.

Although, if it's a cool addition to the existing model, I will also be a bit cranky that I blew my money on one for xmas.

Eh, I mean, you love yours. Still money well spent, a new guitar with some extra options coming out doesn't make your current good guitar bad. :rolleyes:

Still hoping it's a new color :rolleyes:

Eh, I mean, you love yours. Still money well spent, a new guitar with some extra options coming out doesn't make your current good guitar bad. :rolleyes:

Still hoping it's a new color :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree with you but it's also kind of like buying a new keyboard that's really great and you like it, but then they release RIGHT after you bought it a newer version with FULL RGB backlighting plus all the features it already had. it's not gonna change that you like it a lot, it's just the little extra you could have gotten would have been cooler too.

That being said I'll probably still buy another one eventually for...experimentation purposes mwahahahahha :D

Yeah I agree with you but it's also kind of like buying a new keyboard that's really great and you like it, but then they release RIGHT after you bought it a newer version with FULL RGB backlighting plus all the features it already had. it's not gonna change that you like it a lot, it's just the little extra you could have gotten would have been cooler too.

That being said I'll probably still buy another one eventually for...experimentation purposes mwahahahahha :D

Another computer-related reference: get a new computer when you need one, not when manufacturers want you to buy one :rolleyes:

Perhaps the news is to have some Cort-branded sustainer as an option :rolleyes:

I bought it for the boyfriend, so I'm allowed to be salty if they improve it. :chuckle:

Couldn't get the Sustainiac model, and hoped he wouldn't care since he JUST started playing at xmas, but apparently it's a big deal.

I can't play anymore as I wrecked the nerves in two of my fingers; I wasn't any good, but I was still learning.

Now I'm living vicariously through the bf.