@james: Thank you for the pic! The finish looks really nice. It's pretty scratch-resistant, right? I hope mine will have a dark neck. :happy: One of these days I hope to get a nice Manson with an ebony neck :happy:

Speaking of which, I dropped my trade-in off earlier! I'm getting an MBC-1 everyone :3

Yeah it's pretty good as far as durability goes. When are you getting the MBC?

The earliest is by the end of next week. Gotta wait for my trade to get to them first. After they inspect it and stuff they would send me the guitar.:happy:

having spent 460$ on mine, I feel pretty gutted about having to return it because i got extremely lucky and received one with a super dark rosewood almost ebony like fretboard. But then again, since I am getting bonus money from work here in a couple of days I've decided it would be a lot better to order one from manson's with the sustainiac and gotoh 510's already installed and not have to worry about sending it to get routed and installed here in the states, rather have manson's do the job and get my money's worth out of it. I'll probably upgrade to the MBK2 sometime down the line, after I give the stock bridge pup some more trials at least.

having spent 460$ on mine, I feel pretty gutted about having to return it because i got extremely lucky and received one with a super dark rosewood almost ebony like fretboard. But then again, since I am getting bonus money from work here in a couple of days I've decided it would be a lot better to order one from manson's with the sustainiac and gotoh 510's already installed and not have to worry about sending it to get routed and installed here in the states, rather have manson's do the job and get my money's worth out of it. I'll probably upgrade to the MBK2 sometime down the line, after I give the stock bridge pup some more trials at least.

Very nice! I thought about doing that, then I went nah, I'm all about immediate gratification :p plus I was kind of sick of the old guitar I was just happy to get rid of it ^^° i thought it wasn't bad, then I got my LP studio that weighs 7.8lbs and all of a sudden 8.3lbs of swamp ash was too much.

I'm so excited for the mbc1 one though. Basswood should be light as a feather <3 plus I've asked the dealer to please put in a note to send me one with the darkest fretboard he has on hand and he said he would ^^

How bad are the Cort tuners vs the Gotoh ones?

Ha, I don't even have a Cort, just debating wanting one. I used to play my Mattocaster I built a fair bit, but it has become quite the wall piece since it was autographed by the band.

Yeah but I thought you only had the X-Y paper autographed. Doesn't seem like it will come off or anything if you play it

Yeah but I thought you only had the X-Y paper autographed. Doesn't seem like it will come off or anything if you play it

Yea, just stopped playing it as much. Part of the issues is I've also realized how much I hate having a battery dependant guitar. I don't think I'll ever get another guitar with a sustainer due to this issue. Also need to make the hole for the 1/4" jack a bit bigger. The one contact pushes against the edge of the body slightly when you plug it in and over time it starts to bend. Once this happens the battery wont be properly engaged and you have to take the jack out and straighten it out.

Just having this guitar has made me realize how much I prefer a stable guitar I can always just use.

Yea, just stopped playing it as much. Part of the issues is I've also realized how much I hate having a battery dependant guitar. I don't think I'll ever get another guitar with a sustainer due to this issue. Also need to make the hole for the 1/4" jack a bit bigger. The one contact pushes against the edge of the body slightly when you plug it in and over time it starts to bend. Once this happens the battery wont be properly engaged and you have to take the jack out and straighten it out.

Just having this guitar has made me realize how much I prefer a stable guitar I can always just use.

I guess that's true, though I always tend to replace the batteries as soon as the sustainer starts to become weaker, or the X-Y isn't lighting up as bright. It's not so much the guitar that's the problem, but having a few guitars like this means having to stock up on batteries fairly often.

Oh, and as for the machine heads, they're not bad really. Not of the same quality as the gotohs though (especially the ones Dom is selling)

The only things that don't seem that great are the bridge, and some of the electronics (which is expected - I haven't had any issues yet, but they seem a bit fragile)

I'm assuming this doesn't come with straplocks, so do I want chrome or black Shcaller on it? I'm thinking black might look nice :D

No strap locks unfortunately as standard, also something I should point out is that the standard strap buttons use a larger diameter screw than the strap locks which means fitting the strap locks using the shorter screws that came with them will give you a loose fit so your either have to:

Use the longer screw that comes with the strap locks and carefully wind them further into the body of the guitar,

Use the smaller screw and pack the hole with wood glue or something similar,

Or find some screws that are a larger thread diameter like the screw used for the standard strap button but a smaller head diameter than the screws that come with the original strap buttons.

I can only presume Manson's either have screws that have a smaller head diameter than the standard button screws which they use when fitting the strap locks or they alter the strap lock button so it takes larger screws. If anyone had them fitted from factory I would like to know what they have done out of interest, as I ended up winding in screws with a much longer thread in the end :LOL:

Hope this actually makes some sense!!

No strap locks unfortunately as standard, also something I should point out is that the standard strap buttons use a larger diameter screw than the strap locks which means fitting the strap locks using the shorter screws that came with them will give you a loose fit so your either have to:

Use the longer screw that comes with the strap locks and carefully wind them further into the body of the guitar,

Use the smaller screw and pack the hole with wood glue or something similar,

Or find some screws that are a larger thread diameter like the screw used for the standard strap button but a smaller head diameter than the screws that come with the original strap buttons.

I can only presume Manson's either have screws that have a smaller head diameter than the standard button screws which they use when fitting the strap locks or they alter the strap lock button so it takes larger screws. If anyone had them fitted from factory I would like to know what they have done out of interest, as I ended up winding in screws with a much longer thread in the end :LOL:

Hope this actually makes some sense!!

Woah, thank you so much for the heads up. I really appreciate it. I'll probably try the long screws and try to be super extra careful :$

My trade-in evaporated over the weekend but it showed up again on Fedex's tracking, still supposedly on vehicle for delivery today though. The suspense is killing me :facemelt: In any case, the Cort needs to get here before next Thursday cause I leave for NYC right after my last final. Come to think of it, I probably won't have much time with the guitar at all :$:$:$

NYC this time of year? Well, it could be worse I guess. Not too bad today at least.

Also, I haven't tried what Witz just mentioned, but since I'm too lazy to change some of the standard strap buttons on my guitars for the schallers, these work just fine

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/099-0819-000

I wouldn't recommend that if you swing it around or anything, but they definitely make everything a bit more secure, and don't require any modification.

NYC this time of year? Well, it could be worse I guess. Not too bad today at least.

Also, I haven't tried what Witz just mentioned, but since I'm too lazy to change some of the standard strap buttons on my guitars for the schallers, these work just fine

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/099-0819-000

I wouldn't recommend that if you swing it around or anything, but they definitely make everything a bit more secure, and don't require any modification.

It's for my birthday :party::party::party: Usually I would just stay home but I guess being able to drink is worth some sort of celebration :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: Please tell me I'm not gonna freeze to death :twitchy:

Thanks for the suggestion on the strapblock thingies, I might try them out. I mostly just sit in bed practicing but whenever I stand up I get all paranoid. Room definitely not big enough for any swinging/ jumping around tho :facemelt::facemelt::facemelt: