Here's the pictures of my Stealthy MBC-1 :D

and of course the back cavity with sustaniac installed.

That does look great. Your cavity is huge, much bigger than the one on mine. Was it a Manson's job?

Unless I'm mistaken because I can't actually remember the size of mine.

That does look great. Your cavity is huge, much bigger than the one on mine. Was it a Manson's job?

Unless I'm mistaken because I can't actually remember the size of mine.

I'm really impressed with the quality and how it's turned out. Yeah, I had all the work done at Manson's.

Sustainiac in a regular cavity.

Note that you can't have the switches in the usual spot without widening the cavity. But since they're not on the board like the Fernandes, you can make them parallel to the strings (albeit even closer to the other knobs) for sure. J4z3ILZ.jpg?1

Edited by Samz2

oh wow thanks for all the pics of your sustainiac fitted cavities guys! i actually didnt think there would be that many replies to this xD

anyway, im conflicted on the dilemma of spending the extra money to have the cavity routed so the switches and all would be in their usual positions for ultimate bellz0rz authenticity or not have any routing done at the expense of having a very cramped cavity and switches being really close to the vol/tone knobs. :$

oh wow thanks for all the pics of your sustainiac fitted cavities guys! i actually didnt think there would be that many replies to this xD

anyway, im conflicted on the dilemma of spending the extra money to have the cavity routed so the switches and all would be in their usual positions for ultimate bellz0rz authenticity or not have any routing done at the expense of having a very cramped cavity and switches being really close to the vol/tone knobs. :$

get it done pwoper, better for resale :D

get it done pwoper, better for resale :D

haha i would get it done pwoper but honestly i just cant afford it + i want it now and not 4-5 months later :p

This is true, unless it's

#NotForResale :ninja:

exactly right as well, im probably gonna be holding on to this for years to come anyway and im planning on going all out on modifying it myself because its good to know how your own guitar works inside and out right? hopefully without damaging anything of course :LOL:

i was thinking about also staining the rosewood fingerboard with the black fingerboard stuff you can get from stewmac for 5$ and replacing the kill button with an actual switch. staining the fingerboard is pretty straight forward, but im not sure how replacing the button with a switch would even work.

Here's the pictures of my Stealthy MBC-1 :D

and of course the back cavity with sustaniac installed.

Nice! lol I thought I was the only one who got it stealthed out, I got mine today too with the same specs as yours but with regular black gotoh tuners (non locking machineheads) and that silver jackplate on the back of your guitar is black on mine

If you're in the US, the price difference is pretty significant... around $300 after all the mods are done. MBC alone can be had for $599 at a few places if you negotiate. Never mind the lack of a waitlist and possibility of adding a battery case, which contrary to what Manson's says, blends in quite nicely with the finish.

Nice! lol I thought I was the only one who got it stealthed out, I got mine today too with the same specs as yours but with regular black gotoh tuners (non locking machineheads) and that silver jackplate on the back of your guitar is black on mine

Nice! yeah I opted for black version of the cort locking maachineheads :)

I didn't think of asking for a black neck plate - how much did that cost you? (the plate)

I don't like fretboard dye. Usually it doesn't even stay on the fretboard once you start playing it.

This. Just give it some lemon oil.

I guess you guys are right on that matter, but it all boils down to how dark of a grained rosewood board I have on mine whenever I get it, and wether or not I want to go through the trouble of taking the time and effort to stain the board for that slick ebony look like on the original Matt Black (before it got replaced with a rosewood board)

It's all personal preference lol

I guess you guys are right on that matter, but it all boils down to how dark of a grained rosewood board I have on mine whenever I get it, and wether or not I want to go through the trouble of taking the time and effort to stain the board for that slick ebony look like on the original Matt Black (before it got replaced with a rosewood board)

It's all personal preference lol

darker the better for me. luckily mine came quite dark

20150509_114757.thumb.jpg.dfc6b7c0c052a0daba84cfdb2f408238.jpg

darker the better for me. luckily mine came quite dark

mm yeh that is a pretty dark board. could be darker tho :LOL:

anyone in the states tried ordering their MBC from a place called BeyondEleven? theyre based in Milwaukee and its the lowest priced MBC dealer I can find online, but going by reviews and general consensus on various guitar forums I don't think it'd be a good idea to order from them. 468$ total does seem like a pretty good deal... but at the cost of potentially being scammed or having to wait months to get it. by then i may as well have just ordered one from manson's, at least I'd know it'll be coming to me Soon™ and having been tended to by good hands.

What ever you do, don't purchase anything from Beyond Eleven! I've been waiting for a Bigsby B5 Whammy bar for over a month and they have not responded to my several emails and calls. I had to file a dispute with Paypal. I'll let you know what happens!

Do not buy anything from Beyond Eleven. Their level of incompetence is far beyond any retailer I have ever dealt with.

Its been almost a week since I ordered a powered speaker. During that time the order status said "processing".

Then an email came saying there was a problem with my PayPal account.

I called. Their computers were down, they will get back to me.

Then another email from them saying the order had been processed.

Then an email from PayPal saying the charge had gone through.

Next a call from them saying they could only process the order was ready to be processed but they would need my credit card # for "backup".

I'm playing their game but could have had quicker service and less anxiety at several other sites for just a few dollars more.

I ordered 2 Jensen Neo-10 speakers from Beyond Eleven's website on Nov. 18-2011. THERE website said FREE shipping. On Nov 30th-2011 I called to see when my speakers would show up. The rep told me the FREE shipping on THERE website was a MISTAKE.

The rep told me they had tried to call me but that there was no answering machine, which of course there is. He said they did not try to email me or ever call back, I guess they were just waiting for me to call as they already had my money. He said it would be 25 dollars to have them ship my speakers.

Like the big dummy I am I went ahead and paid the 25 because the guy said they would for sure ship out that day or the next. Remember this was on the 30th of November.

On the 5th of December I called in the morning to see where my speakers were. Al the rep said he would have to check and call him back in the afternoon. I called back in the afternoon talked to Al and he said he still didn't know and would call back later. The phone rang in the next few minutes and it was Al the rep, he said oops he had dialed the wrong number but finally admitted the speakers had not shipped.

I'm sure that sooner or later I'll get the speakers but by now after 17 days I was out of time and had to go down to Guitar Center and buy two speakers for a gig we have tomorrow on the 6th.

I ordered these because of non-existent FREE shipping. I got terrible service, paid for the shipping anyway and still don't have the speakers. I guess I ripped myself off by dealing with these guys and paying the shipping when I should have just had them refund my money on the 30th of Nov. Deal with these guys at your own peril!

Last week I decided to order a new double-gig bag, an ibanez IDBB5. It has the wheels and looks a lot easier to lug around than what I have now.

Ok, so after a bit of shopping around, I decide to order from beyond eleven, because out of the stores that show the item in stock, their price is lowest. Their site says 7-14 day shipping time and no hassle returns. Sounds good right?

Alright, so I pay for the item via eBay and my debit card and wait.

Check back the next day out of curiosity, my order hasn't shipped but I notice the quantity now shows out of stock. I assume I must have bought the last one.

So I check back again the next day and my order still shows processing, but there's a note that says item will ship Oct. 3rd. I think to myself, well that kinda sucks, but they did say it might take 14 days to get here. Must be a big warehouse or perhaps they are understaffed. It's ok, I'm a patient guy and so I just forget about the order. It will get here when it gets here.

Fast forward to today, I remember that I still have stuff on the way, so I decide to check in and see if I have a tracking number to look up. The order still shows processing.

So I grab the phone to find out what's up. After listening to their (interesting brainless metalhead style) automated phone system I finally get to talk to Mike

Mike acts rather appalled that their warehouse hasn't shipped this to me, but he admits that they are swamped back there and could he have someone get back to me monday?

I politely point out I've already waited 10 days and kinda want to figure out what's happening before the weekend because I'm wondering if I need to cancel the order and get it elsewhere. I agree to let him put me on hold while he gets to the bottom of this.

This is the first of 5 holds I wait through each time getting a slightly different answer. 1st "it shipped, but let me check something" 2nd "it's on order from ibanez" to which I say wait a minute, when is it shipped? "probably middle of next week." He says like I told you last time you called, we ordered it special for you and that's just the way ibanez is"

I say wait, what? this is the first time I called you. He replies "oh sorry, I thought you called before. I apologise." So at this point I ask to just have my money refunded, I'll get it elsewhere.

Then he informs me there's a restocking fee and this is where I become slightly annoyed and start asking for supervisors who apparently have all gone home and Mike is not allowed to tell me their name, but assures me someone will call me first thing monday. I then wait on hold a few more times while he allegedly makes phone calls to people at home to no avail.

I try many times to get the name of a supervisor, a store manager, warehouse manager but ol' Mike won't pony up any info for me.

Seems fine to me

anyone know if the pre-slotted tuning machinehead posts can accomodate the Gotoh 510's without any modifications? I know I gotta drill the screw holes for the gotohs but thats about the only thing I can think of that I have to modify. the default cort locking tuners just look bulky and fugly to the eye and im planning on changing those to the gotohs here in the coming weeks.. hopefully at least

I'm surprised there hasn't been more modified MBC-1 guitars to look more like Matt's other guitars. Like the Earls Court, 007, Delorean, etc.

Other than Steel Customs modified MBC-1that resembles the Holey Glitter.

http://steelcustomguitars.co.uk/product/mbcholey

I don't think anyone's really tested the waters with that yet, and honestly im not sure they'd do that. A Delorean finish would really be something but I kind of sense that Mansons might only want to do that kind of work on an MA guitar. But then again what do I know I guess we won't know for sure until someone tries to get one like that