I got this guitar imported end of April, and it's been pretty good but I am a bit disappointed in the quality.

There are obvious imperfections in the paint on the head but the biggest is the place where I rest my fingers while strumming or picking is almost completely glossy.

This is pretty disappointing. The texture of the matte finish is gone too in that spot. I honestly have about... 3 hours of playtime on this guitar? Not very much at all.

Is this normal? I was a bass-only player for a long time and only have one other guitar. It was half the price of this MBC-1 and has nothing where my fingers sit. I feel like the finish on the Cort is very cheap.

Glossy_Cort.jpg

Edited by Adreneline

I got this guitar imported end of April, and it's been pretty good but I am a bit disappointed in the quality.

There are obvious imperfections in the paint on the head but the biggest is the place where I rest my fingers while strumming or picking is almost completely glossy.

This is pretty disappointing. The texture of the matte finish is gone too in that spot. I honestly have about... 3 hours of playtime on this guitar? Not very much at all.

Is this normal? I was a bass-only player for a long time and only have one other guitar. It was half the price of this MBC-1 and has nothing where my fingers sit. I feel like the finish on the Cort is very cheap.

Glossy_Cort.jpg

Finish is bullet proof on mine had it for quite a while now (got it in the first batch) and its still matt, either your the world's greaseist person or there something wrong with the finish where did you buy it from?

I reckon the matt finish (or any matt finish to be fair) will be suceptible to finger prints and the like if you don't wash your hands etc before use...

Out of interest, how are folks cleaning there's? At the moment I'm just trying to keep dust off with a light wiping with a microfiber cloth

Finish is bullet proof on mine had it for quite a while now (got it in the first batch) and its still matt, either your the world's greaseist person or there something wrong with the finish where did you buy it from?

:chuckle:

Yeah it seems really durable to me. I've definitely played it more than three hours at this point (would say at least ten), and it looks just like it did when I got it.

I reckon the matt finish (or any matt finish to be fair) will be suceptible to finger prints and the like if you don't wash your hands etc before use...

Out of interest, how are folks cleaning there's? At the moment I'm just trying to keep dust off with a light wiping with a microfiber cloth

I'd say that would help, but it's hard to avoid in most cases. One of mine which has a very smooth satin like finish has gone a bit glossy in a short amount of time.

And that's what I do. I'd generally avoid using chemicals (with the exception of fretboard oil) on guitars unless they're absolutely filthy.

I play mine probably about 5 hours every week since I've had it which is at least a few months and its still matt but I have incredibly dry skin so I'm perfect for matt guitars :)

Shame they don't have this finish for the custom builds

What happened to ronald mcdonald's les paul? Did you ever finish that?

Reminds me of that guy from portugal who used to post here. He dyed his hair that color for reading 2011, but it came out bright orange instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16KpquGsIc

Shame they don't have this finish for the custom builds

What happened to ronald mcdonald's les paul? Did you ever finish that?

Reminds me of that guy from portugal who used to post here. He dyed his hair that color for reading 2011, but it came out bright orange instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16KpquGsIc

:LOL:

Laughing at everything above!

Yeah still got it, it's taken a bit of a back seat as I've had a couple of other bizarre projects at the moment but I've got the paint and the top was primed today so it's getting there nicely :)

Ah I see... Any word on when you'll have the copper MA-2?

Not yet. The bridge has delayed things (this has never happened before) but it should be arriving with them soon.

A new neck is being made as well, as the original one probably isn't ideal for the locking nut.

:LOL:

Laughing at everything above!

Yeah still got it, it's taken a bit of a back seat as I've had a couple of other bizarre projects at the moment but I've got the paint and the top was primed today so it's getting there nicely :)

bizarre projects?

ugly_zps734acc19.jpg

bizarre projects?

ugly_zps734acc19.jpg

Not that bizarre or guitar related, though I imagine that thing would burn nicely :LOL:

It's just been lots of odd little things mainly involving generating electricity from renewable sources, it's part of my engineering degree and then all the random things I end up making for my sports club...

Looking forward to getting back on to guitar related projects :)

Thomann and nope. Like I've already said, a guitar with a similar finish and half (actually more like a 3rd) of the cost, is perfectly fine.

Make sure you check it properly, if your fingers do make contact often. I didn't even notice it until it was laying flat under light.

It's not that visible from every angle, but still disappointing. The texture is completely gone in that spot, it's smooth.

Just after 4 months and 3-4 hours playtime? I reckon we'll see tons of people with finish wearing off within a year.

Contacted Mansons and they said a Cort M1D1 could be possible further down the road.

Sounds expensive since the big selling point was the "affordable" MB signature guitar. I feel like a satin silver painted Cort MB is more realistic to have the Delorean look. But if that's what they said...

...Just curious of how good of quality we would see in the MIDI screens by Cort mass producing them.

Sounds expensive since the big selling point was the "affordable" MB signature guitar. I feel like a satin silver painted Cort MB is more realistic to have the Delorean look. But if that's what they said...

...Just curious of how good of quality we would see in the MIDI screens by Cort mass producing them.

Again, I think they would opt for the black or red version. Considering the screen is a MGW design, they could probably do something similar to the pickup situation. I can't seeing the screen costing more than 100-200 extra. Still way cheaper than the MA.

They did say there are no plans for it any time soon though.

I can't see it happening. But then I'm just bitter because I spent ££££ on the MB-1 :happy:

Even if it did, would cort be able to produce MIDI screens? I figure MGW would just start producing something like the M1N1 screen again

Thomann and nope. Like I've already said, a guitar with a similar finish and half (actually more like a 3rd) of the cost, is perfectly fine.

Make sure you check it properly, if your fingers do make contact often. I didn't even notice it until it was laying flat under light.

It's not that visible from every angle, but still disappointing. The texture is completely gone in that spot, it's smooth.

Just after 4 months and 3-4 hours playtime? I reckon we'll see tons of people with finish wearing off within a year.

Definitely sounds wrong, mine lives under a spot light so anything would show up and the finish off these guitars has been praised heavily. Not sure what to say but unfortunately it sounds like there is something wrong with your finish :(