#plastic

And nope, I think it's mainly my customs that have strap locks! I've noticed that schaller seems to have changed the design slightly as well, so some of the new strap buttons won't fit my existing straps

really? not noticed that. i even have straplocks on everything, even #MiniDL1 #NotForSale

10422558_10206354035595519_2169599557647818356_n.jpg.7140d28fe9183040024065961f686733.jpg

I've noticed a very small patch of "glossy" paint on the headstock right under the strings... not too bothered about it as I'm guessing it was something during the set up has rubbed against the paint. As long as it doesn't happen on the body ill be happy :)

I've noticed a very small patch of "glossy" paint on the headstock right under the strings... not too bothered about it as I'm guessing it was something during the set up has rubbed against the paint. As long as it doesn't happen on the body ill be happy :)

It'll happen over time, nothing you can do about it but embrace it. Matte finish just naturally will get polished slightly by the rubbing and wear of use. I've yet to see anyone produce any sort of matte guitar that doesn't eventually get his effect. I've got a Gibson SG that does the same thing. Sadly matte black guitars show this gloss effect the most.

anyone with a sustainiac installed in their mbc would kindly post up a pic of the back cavity? I wanna see just how tight of a fit it would be since im planning on buying a cort here in the states then ordering a sustainiac setup and installing it myself, as it'd be way cheaper than ordering direct from mansons (i know, blasphemy!)

Edited by jonbrown

anyone with a sustainiac installed in their mbc would kindly post up a pic of the back cavity? I wanna see just how tight of a fit it would be since im planning on buying a cort here in the states then ordering a sustainiac setup and installing it myself, as it'd be way cheaper than ordering direct from mansons (i know, blasphemy!)

I brought mine to a luthier with the intent of getting a sustainiac installed by them. The back cavitiy is just barely too small to fit the pcb for the sustainiac, So its gonna have to be routed out.

I brought mine to a luthier with the intent of getting a sustainiac installed by them. The back cavitiy is just barely too small to fit the pcb for the sustainiac, So its gonna have to be routed out.

hmm, thats weird. i've emailed Alan at sustainiac and he says it's possible to install it into the cavity of the guitar without any additional routing. he says if anything it'd be easier to install into the mbc's cavity since it doesnt have the 4-control layout or the metal plate thingy majig that gibson cavity's usually have

hmm, thats weird. i've emailed Alan at sustainiac and he says it's possible to install it into the cavity of the guitar without any additional routing. he says if anything it'd be easier to install into the mbc's cavity since it doesnt have the 4-control layout or the metal plate thingy majig that gibson cavity's usually have

When I took my MBC1 in last week the Luthier i was talking to showed me the size of the pcb relative to the size of the cavity in the back. It will not fit without some routing, no ifs and or buts.

When I took my MBC1 in last week the Luthier i was talking to showed me the size of the pcb relative to the size of the cavity in the back. It will not fit without some routing, no ifs and or buts.

fair enough.

on the other hand, has anyone tried removing the button kill switch and replacing it with a toggle switch? i'd assume it wouldnt be that hard. the button imo just looks plain ugly and in need of being replaced by a toggle :rolleyes:

Yes, it's definitely possible... Alan and the guys there actually installed mine in the cavity with no problem. Works great, but is quite a tight squeeze in the cavity! It sits on a slight angle diagonally.

Different toggle placement than the usual, too, but I actually quite like it.

Yes, it's definitely possible... Alan and the guys there actually installed mine in the cavity with no problem. Works great, but is quite a tight squeeze in the cavity! It sits on a slight angle diagonally.

Different toggle placement than the usual, too, but I actually quite like it.

haha if i would get the sustainiac installed i wouldn't be able to live with the way your toggle switches were laid out :p

joking aside, it is still possible to have the usual parallel-to-strings/bridge placement right? the mbc cavity is is actually super roomy and im pretty sure you can still put the switches paralell in the top right corner of the cavity. if that makes any sense

My MBC should be here this week and has a sustainer installed so I'll upload a pic of the cavity (if you're still after one)

My MBC should be here this week and has a sustainer installed so I'll upload a pic of the cavity (if you're still after one)

ah yes please do :D

i'd think a lot of people here on their own modifying quest would benefit from knowing just how much room there is inside the cavity for installing a sustainer