I misread your post as Cort MBC1 + upgrades or MA1, to which I would've responded the former for sure. I can't stand how the MA1 looks and the upgraded Cort would sound and look better anyway. What upgrades did you want for the MA1 though?

How would an upgraded MBC sound better than an upgraded MA1? :unsure:

I mean. The MA necks are so much better than the Cort neck. They´re similar in profile but the MA plays much more smoothly. Body wood is different though. The more compact alder MA body is heavier etc. but sounds very nice. The poplar MBC sounds good as well, although I haven´t tried an MBC with the MBK-2

Point being. You get more quality wood and neck (and everything:rolleyes:) with the MA. And no matter how much you spec out the MBC with diamond pickups and golden tuners etc, It´ll still be a "cheap budget" guitar. :$

Not to mention that the body difference between an MA-EVO and MBC aren't that big at all. To use scottST's pic from the Manson thread.

noxXm3K.jpg

How can you 'not stand' the EVO shape and love the MBC shape? It's just a pointy horn and the upper bulge is a bit smoother.

What's with the switch layout?

The advantage to Sustainiac over Ferndandes is that the switches aren't constrained to the size of the board they're mounted to. Offsetting them makes differentiating between the on/off and harmonic mode switches far easier when quickly toggling them.

Any recommendations of where to get aluminum vol/tone knobs (preferably at a better price than Mansons) with shipping to Canada? Are they worth it?

You can get them on ebay. I bought some from there and they're pretty good (haven't got the link though, sorry), although I think the Manson ones are probably higher quality.

Yea I mean. If I wanted something then I would have to spec it out myself and order it myself. I envy those opening a rather large birthday present and BOOM. There lies a red carbon or MB-1 :(

He did spec it & order it himself. We just paid for it Surprised him with a Keeley Fuzz Head though :D

Edited by mrskopite

What did you search for, this may interest me too

I've only ever seen those "jackson bros" ones or whatever they're called (the ones selling for about £5 each) but there's another guy doing them for £15 each

I bought the Jackson bros ones. Can't remember exactly what I searched for though, but I'll have a look later.

Now he avoided additional routing as well.

How could I forget! The Sustainiac fits in the existing cavity perfectly... I know that is not the case with the Fernandes.

What did you search for, this may interest me too

Hey, a fellow Ontarian! Perhaps we can combine shipping ;)

How bad is it right now??

That, I'm not sure. There was a wait of some sort involved two weeks ago.

I imagine the MBC-1 is contributing heavily to that queue.

If you send them an email they'll definitely let you know.

He did spec it & order it himself. We just paid for it Surprised him with a Keeley Fuzz Head though :D

Thanks for posting, it looks great. I went for the same options, although I'm curious now... I think you said you ordered yours in Jan right? I ordered mine with the same spec in Dec and I haven't recieved it or a courtesy update. I spoke to Adrian before he went on hols, but they keep saying things are delayed.