Yeah when I spoke to Adrian on the phone earlier this year he said "there is only two people I trust enough to let them work on these guitars" (referring to Tim and Rom I guess?). He was talking about customs and MAs though. Perhaps they´ve outsourced the MBCs to china :chuckle:

Yeah when I spoke to Adrian on the phone earlier this year he said "there is only two people I trust enough to let them work on these guitars" (referring to Tim and Rom I guess?). He was talking about customs and MAs though. Perhaps they´ve outsourced the MBCs to china :chuckle:

And I guess those are the two that had to replicate Matt's entire guitar rig?

bjmort > Yes, but only when I use it on clean sound (with a lot of delay or reverb). That's clearly audible and ruins what I'm playing.

But, strangely, I can't hear any "pops" at all when playing cruchy/overdrive/distortion sounds ... !

So ... I don't really know what to think about it ... Maybe ... it's not a big deal because I usually never use the killswitch on "clean" sounds ... ? :$

Anyone else's kill switch pop through the amp when you let go of it?

Yes mine does. But it also happens on all other kill switches I have/have had in my guitars. The sound is natural and occurs when the soundwave is cut down from an high amplitude to 0. Distorted settings overrun the pop, while when clean its more noticeable. :(

Got mine today but will need to wait to practice to properly play it. You think it would sound better with a mbk2 in bridge though?

Its very similar to the MBK-2. You wont need an MBK-2 for your use if you aren´t an experienced player; who perhaps will get more out of the versatility the MBK-2 offers. You know, it gets to a certain point at which everything sounds the same (ofc depending on your experience with pickups etc.) ;)

Going to enquire about custom machine heads but i have feeling I would need to change tuners so probably going to be to expensive. Want aluminium buttons as well. Mbk2 then eventually a sustainer. All in with that will still be under £1000 as opposed to £1650 odds for a ma2 with sustainer.

Going to enquire about custom machine heads but i have feeling I would need to change tuners so probably going to be to expensive. Want aluminium buttons as well. Mbk2 then eventually a sustainer. All in with that will still be under £1000 as opposed to £1650 odds for a ma2 with sustainer.

Under 1000?

Cort: 500

Sustainer: 400

Tuners + Alu: 200

Mbk2: 120

Shipping: 120

= 1340

Got the guitar for £300

Sustainer £400

Mbk2 £125

Can get machine heads to fit cort tuners for £75 then just £50 for ali controls

How'd you manage getting the guitar for that price, if you don't mind me asking? Would definitely bite the bullet for 300!