Apparently MGW don't even have a delivery date from Fernandes:LOL:. Feel like I'm never going to get the guitar:LOL:

Just get the sustainiac! It's not worth waiting for an inferior product imo. I really wanted a Fernandes because it's what MB uses but it doesn't make sense

Just get the sustainiac! It's not worth waiting for an inferior product imo. I really wanted a Fernandes because it's what MB uses but it doesn't make sense

I've only used a Fernandes before so I can't really compare, but I really liked it! I'm not overly interested in what system Matt uses, mainly because he uses both, but aesthetics is definitely something I'm taking into account with this guitar. Hence why I'm spending £150 on bits of aluminium that don't really affect the functionality of the guitar (if anything they'll make restringing more of a pain in the arse)! I particularly don't like the look of the Sustainiac, so coupled with the fact I've never used one and don't have complaints with the Fernandes system, I'm going to hold out! But then again, there's a chance my patience will run out and I'll just bite the bullet and get a Sustainiac:LOL:!

Hmm... The gloss on the neck has cracked at several spots around some of the frets. Almost as if the fret had grown and pushed the finish out... Will see if I can get some pictures out later.

Have you been cleaning the fretboard?

Arent the MBs heavily lacquered on the back of the neck as well? Wonder if it happens to those as well :0 Cort probably uses cheaper wood + lacquer + everything.

No those have a satin finish. I had it happen to one of my customs, so it's just whether or not it's a stable piece of wood I guess. Never had it happen with rosewood though.

The fretboard on my custom never seemed to expand after it shrunk initially - the edges were pretty sharp and the finish was a bit of a mess, so I had to have them file them down and redo the finish on the edges. It's been fine since then, but I've been keeping the humidity higher and a bit more stable in general

Having said that, the second one (a warmoth neck, which is actually a good few years old) developed the same issue just recently, so...

I worry about Bs' guitar and how much it will enlarge itself once he moves to Thailand though...

I'm pretty sure they don't need more more demand on Cort mods! :LOL:

Haha. Well my point was that alot of fanboys are waiting for the fernandes sustainers to arrive since thats what Matt is using. Now they can settle for the sustainiacs which are in stock.

Morning all. Or afternoon :p

I've just managed to get my hands on a mbc1

should be here tomorrow.

I'll let you know how it is, I wasn't able to get a sustainer for it as it would bankrupt me :/

Quick question to those that have one or have played one, which amp did you play on, because ive only got a fender mustang modelling amp. And I want to know if it'll do the trick :p:P any amp recommendations?

Morning all. Or afternoon :p

I've just managed to get my hands on a mbc1

should be here tomorrow.

I'll let you know how it is, I wasn't able to get a sustainer for it as it would bankrupt me :/

Quick question to those that have one or have played one, which amp did you play on, because ive only got a fender mustang modelling amp. And I want to know if it'll do the trick :p:P any amp recommendations?

I play through a line 6 DT25 valve amp which is sort of the next step up of amp modeling from what you have and it sounds great, the guitar its self doesn't seem particularly ( I want to say fussy but there must be a better word) bothered by amp choice but yeah the bridge pickup is well voiced and can do a nice range of tones so amp matching isn't the end if the world.

As for amp recommendations I love my DT25 and feel they don't get the love they deserve as they are awesome pieces of kit and being able to change valve topology and class on specific models can give you some really unique tonnes :)

I play through a line 6 DT25 valve amp which is sort of the next step up of amp modeling from what you have and it sounds great, the guitar its self doesn't seem particularly ( I want to say fussy but there must be a better word) bothered by amp choice but yeah the bridge pickup is well voiced and can do a nice range of tones so amp matching isn't the end if the world.

As for amp recommendations I love my DT25 and feel they don't get the love they deserve as they are awesome pieces of kit and being able to change valve topology and class on specific models can give you some really unique tonnes :)

Thanks for your advice, if you could send me a link to the amp that would be great :)

My main concern is that my amp is small and solid state :/ from what I see yours is a tube amp.

Can you tell me what strings it comes with ?? I'm going to put some ernie Ball super slinky 9 gauge on.