[YT]

[/YT]

Also not the best and not even a really good solo but I wish he'd kept going with it and improving it. So much more interesting than just rubbing off the XY pad. Early BH&R performances also had more traditional attempts at soloing.

Also not the best and not even a really good solo but I wish he'd kept going with it and improving it. So much more interesting than just rubbing off the XY pad. Early BH&R performances also had more traditional attempts at soloing.

Agreed. When his pad broke in this performance from 2008 he was forced to pull out an improv solo that happens to be better (imho) than every single other SMBH solo ever (see 2:25 onwards). No pad next tour plz Matt!!!

[YT]

[/YT]

Also just checked and I have around 15 different versions of SS live in my iTunes library. Love them all.

Matt backstage afterwards: "would someone care to explain why the fUCK those peasants weren't moshing"

On a serious note though, I do love it when he does weird scale thingies (0:29). He should whip them out more often, never seen him do it irl.

Edit: aaand speaking of said scale thingies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpMx_WTD7fo

4:08 unffffff

fuck I love map and I wish I could do the scale thingies

Edited by Jobby

On a serious note though, I do love it when he does weird scale thingies (0:29). He should whip them out more often, never seen him do it irl.

If I recall correctly he used to do them in some 2004 Muscle Museum performances? As far as I can tell those involved mucking around with weird descending triplets and stuff like that, so...

E --13--------------------------------------------------

B -----12---13----------------------------------------15 etc. etc.

G---------11---12---13--------------------15--------

D------------------11---12----13-----15------14----

A----------------------------11---12------14------13-

E-------------------------------------11-------13-----

all played very fast and jumping around the fretboard. Probably lots of random notes thrown in as well though, I might be very wrong.

(Am shit at tabs lol, sorry)

Edited by frozenbanana

If I recall correctly he used to do them in some 2004 Muscle Museum performances? As far as I can tell those involved mucking around with weird descending triplets and stuff like that, so...

E --13--------------------------------------------------

B -----12---13----------------------------------------15 etc. etc.

G---------11---12---13--------------------15--------

D------------------11---12----13-----15------14----

A----------------------------11---12------14------13-

E-------------------------------------11-------13-----

all played very fast and jumping around the fretboard. Probably lots of random notes thrown in as well though, I might be very wrong.

(Am shit at tabs lol, sorry)

Good god, how did I not work that out sooner (*ahem* laziness, that's how).

Thankya friendo, you've done a great service <3

What was it about Resistance era Bliss that everyone loved so much that was never the same afterwards? It can't just be the falsetto, even if that was a big part of it.

Does everyone love Resistance-era Bliss? Only time I saw it then was at Leeds, loved the synthy album intro but, other than that, I've preferred every other performance I've seen. Best was probs Manchester Academy.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, let's all agree to make COD the CE+Bliss/Dead Star/Assassin of next tour.

Worth discussing actually. Although I think we might only get more divided the more we discuss it, so I'll settle for CoD (which ofc is amazing)

I can already imagine the reaction when an acoustic guitar appears in Matt's rig but turns out to be for an acoustic version of Resistance or something.

You sound mentally prepared already.

Although an acoustic version can't be any less of a trudge than the album version is live, can it?