As important as who’s on the bill is who’s not on the bill. Daft Punk were strongly rumoured to be returning to the live fold at Coachella

Oh fucks sake Daft Punk are rumoured to headline like every Coachella ever for the past few years.

Agreed. It's more likely that their appearance is related to the 20th anniversary stuff than anything else. But we'll see!

That's even less likely I'd say :LOL:

Oh fucks sake Daft Punk are rumoured to headline like every Coachella ever for the past few years.

>nme

Daniel you're such a pessimist. It's only bad in terms of what you consider to be good bands. There's tons of fantastic stuff on there, too many for me in fact! I'm going to get hammered by schedule conflicts. Big bands like Outkast (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), QOTSA, and Arcade Fire... midtiers like Broken Bells, Empire of the Sun, Haim, Disclosure, The Knife, Beck, Little Dragon... and especially the smaller acts like Bastille, Flume, Grouplove, MS MR, Austra, Tom Odell, Cage the Elephant, Naked and Famous, Capital Cities, CHVRCHES, Temples, Mogwai, Warpaint, Washed Out, Foxygen, White Lies, Graveyard, Blood Orange, The 1975, STRFKR, Frank Turner, Daughter, Poolside, Crosses... if you can't find some acts to like then you REALLY need to go discover some new music.

Agreed. It's more likely that their appearance is related to the 20th anniversary stuff than anything else. But we'll see!

Could be, also if album 7 is really due early next year they probably couln't make the 2015 festival (finishing the album and/or starting the tour in Europe during springtime), so the next possible date would be 2016, which would make it a 6 year gap between the previous performance (2010).

I'd say Coachella has a very good line up. but i have to say in some ways Coachella is bit overhyped to me, i don't know? I mean the most special thing they have on their line up is Outkast imo. Not that any other festival has a better or more special line up (not even all of them are all confirmed) but still, i love the line up though don't get me wrong.

Daniel you're such a pessimist. It's only bad in terms of what you consider to be good bands. There's tons of fantastic stuff on there, too many for me in fact! I'm going to get hammered by schedule conflicts. Big bands like Outkast (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), QOTSA, and Arcade Fire... midtiers like Broken Bells, Empire of the Sun, Haim, Disclosure, The Knife, Beck, Little Dragon... and especially the smaller acts like Bastille, Flume, Grouplove, MS MR, Austra, Tom Odell, Cage the Elephant, Naked and Famous, Capital Cities, CHVRCHES, Temples, Mogwai, Warpaint, Washed Out, Foxygen, White Lies, Graveyard, Blood Orange, The 1975, STRFKR, Frank Turner, Daughter, Poolside, Crosses... if you can't find some acts to like then you REALLY need to go discover some new music.

There are a couple here and there, mostly smaller bands but there is no way in hell that is worth $350. Also knowing most of the bigger bands that I'd like to see will conflict makes the lineup look even worse.

I agree the must sees will probably conflict. And the mid tiers aside from Cage don't excite me that much. I'm telling myself that because we can't go and I'm bitter but there it is. Two weeks earlier and it would be the kids spring break and we could drive out to sac town, drop off the kids at the in laws and spend the weekend in Indio.

Such is life.

What I can't figure out is how Preservation Hall Jazz Band got in that lineup. Don't get me wrong. I love "Yellow Moon", but...:LOL:

I'm more old-fashioned when it comes to festivals, but Coachella's lineup has a lot of lesser knowns I'd love to see. Despite the fact they say their sold out, the website still lists 4 person tent & passes as available. Of course, you'd have to dish out about $2900 to $4700.

Don't expect getting all 3 of them in the same set.

/America

They're finished touring and they pretty much live in LA so I really am stoked to see how they form the setlist. IMO, any song can be in there except those they will never play, (Uno, Big Freeze, Cave, Eternally Missed, etc

• 2 weeks later...