• Survival
    • Citizen Erased
    • Supremacy
    • Take A Bow
    • Supermassive Black Hole
    • Other

Jesus Christ Clunge, are you feeling okay? :LOL:

Fabulous ta, bbz.

Tbh, Reading 2011 is probably my favourite Muse gig I've been to. It was everything I want from them live. Blistering performance, amazing set and sound, simple stage (screens and lights) and incredible atmosphere.

General favourite guitar parts:

All of Animals

All of Assasin/Debase

Middle section of Unsustainable

Unnatural Selection breakdown/slow bit

Knights build-up then riff

Blackout solo

Hyper Chondriac Music solo

Recess solo

If we're just going by specific riffs though then - The Groove, Bliss, Sign O' The Times (if that counts?), Knights and Micro Cuts.

Imagine how differently Survival would have been received when it was first released if it was only an instrumental. Considering most negative reviews stemmed from the choir and the lyrics, remove those and we may be left with the best thing I've ever heard from muse.

For me, the lyrics render the song laughable in a way. I love the song, but imagine what it could have been.

Back on track, yeah Survival best riff.

It still sounds half as beefy as it was in person

Yup, that's the problem for me. Just too fizzy.

New Born at Reading 2011 was absolutely perfect tone (and performance) wise. In fact, I think that version might even top all the 2004 performances, inc. Glasto '04 and KROQ '04.

Forget about the tone, wtf is going on with the way it's played atm? It simply has no energy whatsoever. It's far too slow, has no kick to it, and sounds almost jaunty. When they started to play it slower around BH&R (which I was personally against) then at least they used to make it heavy. It just sounds weak as hell there. :erm:

Forget about the tone, wtf is going on with the way it's played atm? It simply has no energy whatsoever. It's far too slow, has no kick to it, and sounds almost jaunty. When they started to play it slower around BH&R (which I was personally against) then at least they used to make it heavy. It just sounds weak as hell there. :erm:

It is slow, but in person it's still huge.

The last time I saw it in 2011, it was slow and fuzzy, but it was still among the best songs of the night. It sounds roughly the same now although I can't accurately compare because I haven't seen it recently.

Imagine how differently Survival would have been received when it was first released if it was only an instrumental. Considering most negative reviews stemmed from the choir and the lyrics, remove those and we may be left with the best thing I've ever heard from muse.

For me, the lyrics render the song laughable in a way. I love the song, but imagine what it could have been.

Back on track, yeah Survival best riff.

I often choose to listen to the instrumental rather than the album version. Feels so much beefier

Same with Unsustainable. Sounds massive without the UNSUS bollocks

I never noticed New Born being slow during TR tour really. It really really felt slow at O2 last year though

Either of the ending riffs of Stockholm and Survival.

Damn right. The riff in the bridge of Survival is also ace, took me a while to appreciate it. Futurism has a good riff as well, though I imagine a fair few people haven't heard it (if you haven't, youtube it). Yes Please deserves an honourable mention too :)