• Stockholm Syndrome
    • Knights Of Cydonia
    • Survival
    • Citizen Erased
    • Supremacy
    • Take A Bow
    • Supermassive Black Hole
    • Other

I included it for the guitar riff in my list! The bass riff would move it into my top 5, but the guitar riff is still pretty cool on its own.

The guitar riff isn't nothing special imo, but the bassline is insane (and Matt used to play along to it with the guitar too :phu:)

The guitar riff isn't nothing special imo, but the bassline is insane (and Matt used to play along to it with the guitar too :phu:)

Best bass riffs would be fun. If difficult! Where would you draw the line? For example, does the New Born riff count for both guitar and bass, or is the bass just supporting the guitar, making it not a stand-alone 'bass riff'? But it would let the bass riffs in the verses of Bliss and Hyper Music get the praise they deserve, for starters!

Best bass riffs would be fun. If difficult! Where would you draw the line? For example, does the New Born riff count for both guitar and bass, or is the bass just supporting the guitar, making it not a stand-alone 'bass riff'? But it would let the bass riffs in the verses of Bliss and Hyper Music get the praise they deserve, for starters!

I think I'd count it as "bassline" when it doesn't follow the guitar. Hyper Music is probably my favourite after Hysteria.