I just had a wonder around the place, one of the main entrances for goods in was open guarded by the rent a cops and fences, I didn't have my zoom camera on me at the time, but it was some led/lighting device, it wasn't part of the main stage. No idea tbh.

The lighting is bloody impressive, it was on a purple mood most of the night (22:00-22:45) when I was coming off the M6 and was juntion away I could see purple clouds. :LOL:

Yeah, I thought it seemed overkill to have the barrier be that far away at Reading & Leeds (presumably because of the fire).

I was one row/person back from barrier when I saw Rammstein last year, and the barrier was normal distance from the stage. There were moments when the heat was physically painful from all the flames, but we all survived, and had our faces melted off both literally and figuratively :LOL:

So here's hoping that the apparently ridiculous pyro won't make for a super-far barrier at these stadium gigs!

yeah i have been front row for rammstein the flames during sonne especially the last 30 seconds and du hast do feel like you are burning but you are about 10 feet away from the flames so kinda expect it to be hot. they even come round towards end of set and give you a fridge magnet that says i survived front row with rammstein

Rammstein are also trained pyrotechnics and have been incorporating fire in their shows for years. Muse melted the stage on the first night. I don't know if I would have trusted being 10 feet away from them.

The trained pyrotechnics thing has come over quite some time I guess. I seem to remember stories of their earlier shows getting pretty out of hand.

Edit:

For instance. Handled it well tho :p

Rammstein are also trained pyrotechnics and have been incorporating fire in their shows for years. Muse melted the stage on the first night. I don't know if I would have trusted being 10 feet away from them.

First I saw Rammstein was at a festival and even when I was at least 15 rows back from the barrier my eyebrows felt they were burned off during the flames in Sonne!

Second time was in an indoor arena and I was at 5th row, but the flames weren't nearly as powerful and intense.

I was half the stadium from the stage at Green Day at Wembley 3 years back and they had some intensely warm flamethrowers during Brain Stew.

Given the last time Muse used pyro in a big outdoor UK show they burnt the stage and then had them limited so they didn't look as cool, who knows what we're gonna get. :chuckle:

I was half the stadium from the stage at Green Day at Wembley 3 years back and they had some intensely warm flamethrowers during Brain Stew.

Given the last time Muse used pyro in a big outdoor UK show they burnt the stage and then had them limited so they didn't look as cool, who knows what we're gonna get. :chuckle:

WOW! Did they have warm flamethrowers!?!? :eek:

Yes, during the rehearsals at MKB.

I personally hope they don't reveal everything from the beginning. The arena tour stage was really cool: started from nothing, pyramid revealed, pyramid started to transform etc... But good visuals and a more stripped down show will do it too though.

Archived