Aw man, my expectations are starting to climb... I keep telling myself I'll be happy to get even one rarity I've never heard before, but these soundcheck rumors are making me dream bigger :LOL:

I just need to keep reminding myself which band we're talking about :chuckle:

Hate to be a prick but can you guys go discuss that in another topic? I'd really like to be able to navigate through the thread and find out what's going on with the actual stage design.

Yeah you have a point, we've been posting in the wrong thread for the whole day :LOL:

A recap:

BKFjoaaCMAAwOIB.jpg

BKOVKuqCAAEbtSo.jpg:large

BKUkA6QCAAARcov.jpg:large

VaWyNfX.jpg

aSXkK.jpg

Yeah you have a point, we've been posting in the wrong thread for the whole day :LOL:

A recap:

aSXkK.jpg

Right, well juding by the angle of those surfaces, and where the PA towers are posistioned and angled, I'm convinced they are using projection mapping again. Perhaps no on the same scale, TR Stadium projection surface was much higher up as were the projectors on that tour.

BKUgwwpCAAAA7MO.jpg

Does that mean the silver screens are fixed or can they move so the projection can change with them?

They look very odd with the ali surface with holes in??

Cant really make out why there are breaks in the centre blocks as well....

juding by the angle of those surfaces, and where the PA towers are posistioned and angled, I'm convinced they are using projection mapping again.

Don't see why that suggests there'll be projections. Curved screen like Wembley 07, the sound desk positions are just more convenient anyway, especially seeing as the walkway is in the middle and you're gonna have at least two pa towers anyway

hope my seats are far enough round that the speakers on the left don't block my view

I don't think they sell tickets with obstructed views from them, like on HAARP you can distinctly see a gap in the seats behind each tower iirc

Don't see why that suggests there'll be projections. Curved screen like Wembley 07, the sound desk positions are just more convenient anyway, especially seeing as the walkway is in the middle and you're gonna have at least two pa towers anyway

The screens are not curved. It's quite deceiving. It's one flat panel at the back, two more flat panels splitting off at angles, and on the wings another set of flat that are parallel to the rear most screen. It creates depth.

The sound desk is rear at the front of the seating.

I know you need them to repeat the sound, but If they were just PA towers, they wouldn't have those giant tent structures at the bottom. I'm curious why they have those non-led panels, if they are not for projection surfaces. They don't look like anything.

Ultimately, everything that is put in place, is for a reason, that will be following Tom and Oli's visual direction.

Reposting a picture to show you what I mean, Front Of House is under that Red Cover, the other tents by the PA towers are not large enough for FOH, so they are holding something else, also, they would not angled towards the stage if they had no purpose in that sense.

BKOVKuqCAAEbtSo.jpg:large

From previous experience of gigs (and knowing someone who used to be a tech) I reckon it'll house spot light operators as well as the PA in those two towers at the back. My main concern is the one on the right looks suspiciously close to where I'm sitting in block 31. A night of looking sideways beckons...

Given that its taken best part of a week to set this up and assuming thats its still not finished, Its probably about time they start setting up at the Emirates.... Will be interesting to see if anything is different given its sold out and they are using the entire ground.I still get the feeling this stage has more to give :D

Archived