Does anyone knows if we can bring kids to these kind of gigs? my son is 4 years old, not sure if I can bring him...

Lots of mini Musers there last night, just dance around the back, loads of space and you can still see what's up.

[quote=Lilyly;10110458)

The worst thing about it was the queuing system - or lack thereof! :mad:

Where we were at H, there was no queue formed whatsoever, just a mass of people building up throughout the day. Even when the gates opened there was no order to the situation at all - they just let everyone push and shove to get through which is a little bit unfair on those of us that did arrive earlier and wait patiently. Could have been so easily rectified with a couple of barriers and a bit more organisation! It was my first gig at the Emirates so I don't know if this is what it is always like, but if it is then it needs to be improved.

But other than that it was awesome. Still buzzing! :D

I was at H too. Queued from 9.30 am and got 2nd row. After the fiasco I had on Saturday where we got barrier & then they made us all go back up the stairs

coz they let us in too soon. (Still got barrier though!)

Dizzee Rascal was bad in my opinion.

Muse were, of course, brilliant. My brother and son felt it was the best yet. I wasn't sure about all the actors, but I loved Unsustainable with the Robot. Loved that we had Blackout, B&H and, of course, all the regulars. I liked the visuals, particularly that we could see Matt playing the piano keys. We all enjoyed the visuals for panic station and I also enjoyed the visuals for Uprising. The visuals were better than the last stadium tour. Easier to see the band on the screens. I love the fact that Matt and Chris came right out into the crowd. And when the piano was at that end. I would have preferred Unintended as it has been performed previously. I can't see the point of Matt not playing the guitar basically, unless he is doing the walkabout bits. It also sounds better with an acoustic, particularly if you are in a part of the stadium where the sound isn't so good. I also had to sit at the back of unreserved seating to fit in with other people, which obstructed my view if I stood up, but overall, fantastic. :D

No Dead Star. That's all I'm gonna say.

I found Dead Star kind of weird, been one of my favourite Muse songs probably for years but found it kind of underwhelming live. Love videos of them playing it but actually being there wasnt what i expected...had exactly the same thing with Micro Cuts at Reading as well. Definitely thought B&H was the better live song, good to see it again

Bliss or Map i'll take either, Hysteria much better than Resistance so definitely the best setlist of the week for me

I went to both nights and this was the better one for me. Setlist was SLIGHTLY better, not massively. The main reason I enjoyed it more was, instead of going right to the front by all the mosh pits and shoving, I went further back, in front of the walkway barrier. Much better atmosphere there. Highlights of the two nights were Dead Star and Sunburn (both of which I had never seen before) and Butterflies and Hurricanes, because that was just a massive surprise.

Was a pretty good gig, disappointed that there was no Dead Star, but butterflies was awesome. Feeling Good was surprisingly good (one of the better performances.) Guiding Light was pretty lame, but nowhere near as bad as UD, that song needs to die. Starlight closing isn't fitting, I think they should swap it with the Stockholm/New Born roulette. But an amazing gig, one of my favourites! :D

Guiding Light was pretty lame, but nowhere near as bad as UD, that song needs to die. Starlight closing isn't fitting, I think they should swap it with the Stockholm/New Born roulette. But an amazing gig, one of my favourites! :D

Quite enjoyed UD actually, most people knew it and watching the barrier walk was fairly entertaining at least. Guiding Light had neither really popularity or entertainment value

Quite enjoyed UD actually, most people knew it and watching the barrier walk was fairly entertaining at least. Guiding Light had neither really popularity or entertainment value

They should just drop both songs and replace them with Dead Star and Muscle Museum/Fury ;)

They should just drop both songs and replace them with Dead Star and Muscle Museum/Fury ;)

Or even Dead Star and Bliss, both songs are basically there and ready to be played anyway

Also another thing, I'd never realised how long Guiding Light goes on - Like guitar solo and last chorus would maybe be ok, then it just doesnt end for ages...

Or even Dead Star and Bliss, both songs are basically there and ready to be played anyway

Also another thing, I'd never realised how long Guiding Light goes on - Like guitar solo and last chorus would maybe be ok, then it just doesnt end for ages...

Another reason why it's considered one of Muse's worst songs. Out of any song, from any album, why Guiding Light? The Resistance has some great live songs, but the ones that are actually played are some of their worst stuff

Was anyone else at the front on Chris's side?

Based on your image of the guy with the umbrella I think I was a little to the right of you. Queuing at N was just as bad about half an hour before the doors people who hadn't bothered to queue decided to join a mass at the turnstiles.

Guiding Light is one of my favourite songs live. If you don't have people to mess around with to it though then it's probably pretty boring. Personally I would be sad if I didn't get to drop to the floor to air guitar to it at a stadium gig.

I fucking love Guiding Light :D Sang my heart out to it both nights

Based on your image of the guy with the umbrella I think I was a little to the right of you. Queuing at N was just as bad about half an hour before the doors people who hadn't bothered to queue decided to join a mass at the turnstiles.

I can't believe it was allowed to happen. How long has the Emirates been open now, 6/7 years? If that's how the queuing has always worked there I'm surprised nobody has ever said anything. I'm back there for Green Day on Saturday, I might as well turn up just before doors and see if I can get away with it too!

went to my first Muse gigs at Emirates over the weekend

DIzee Rascal was terrible- but then I hate that kind of "music" so not a suprise I didn't enjoy that set

enjoyed the first show but took a while to get going- the second night however was full on from the first song to the last- adding in Hysteria, Stockholm, Problematique, Butterflies instead of the songs from the previous night made a huge difference- the show seemed heavier and had more energy

we were in the unallocated seats last night and everyone around us (except the 2 in front who only knew Madness!) was bouncing around from start to finish-

for me both shows were the ideal Muse set lists- I freely admit I don#t know the pre Absolution material that well (although I've been listening to it over the last few months)

and I don't think you can beat Starlight as the closer song

anyway I'll be more than happy to go see them again

I think you may be forgetting that The Emirates and Wembley Stadium, for example, are two very different entities. Whilst Wembley was always built for sporting events and concerts probably in relatively equal measure, The Emirates was solely built as a football stadium for Arsenal. You get allocated seats at football games, meaning there's no need for any kind of queuing system usually. These Muse/Green Day type events that are taking place there are very much a rarity.

That's true but I think the Emirates was always built with concerts in mind. There have been a fair few in recent years as well as Muse and Green Day this year. There should still be some sort of queuing system in place, or at least a few stewards floating around to contain the madness and let people know what's going on. Around 20 of us were facing the wrong way between turnstiles A and B on Saturday!

:stunned::noey:

Starlight was a shit closer.. It should be mid set if on the setlist at all. I was getting so pumped for an awesome closer during starlight thinking they had played all the normal closer.. Shit maybe we will get Take a Bow!

And then it ended.

I actually thought this can't be..

Apart from that. AWESOME BALLS.

Regarding queuing, regardless of the lack of organisation, there is no middle, either you need to arrive super early in the morning to make the barriers. Or you come over 1h after the doors open and won't be disappointed if you get pushed back as moshers decided to have some fun.

I arrived at 2:30ish yesterday at door H.

Wasn't badly placed on Matt's corner until SBH (so after 2 songs).

Then moshers began their game, and pushed everybody away.

I never got back to where I was and I am sure lots of people who had better view after that didn't mandatorily queue. The law of the strongest.

I'm a girl, not especially huge, I get bruises for nothing, so I don't like moshing. But anyway one persons freedom ends where another persons freedom begins.

Unfortunately this is one thing which ruined a lot of the experience for me (as it repeated itself quite a lot). I preferred my first standing experience for the Resistance album, even if I did love yesterday's setlist more. And fortunately there was Sunburn to make up a bit of this mess.

Starlight was a shit closer.. It should be mid set if on the setlist at all. I was getting so pumped for an awesome closer during starlight thinking they had played all the normal closer.. Shit maybe we will get Take a Bow!

And then it ended.

I actually thought this can't be..

Apart from that. AWESOME BALLS.

Exactly! Kinda leaves you feeling unsatisfied and expecting more, i thought they were gonna come back on and blast Dead Star/Fury :(

Archived