Was a brilliant gig! Only downside was the really drunk guy behind me who spilt his whole beer on me and didn't say sorry then started smoking weed right after and blowing it in peoples faces.

Other than him, it was so good. Caught the fake money as well.

Just to clarify - was the girl during Feeling Good the same girl during Blackout?

Amazing gig last night - very good set list with a good mix of old and new. Loved Sunburn and TIRO. There was a good atmosphere at the barrier on the left hand side - very little pushing and shoving which makes a change. I even got my high five from Matt which i have been waiting for for so long! ;)

The worst thing about it was the queuing system - or lack thereof! :mad:

Where we were at H, there was no queue formed whatsoever, just a mass of people building up throughout the day. Even when the gates opened there was no order to the situation at all - they just let everyone push and shove to get through which is a little bit unfair on those of us that did arrive earlier and wait patiently. Could have been so easily rectified with a couple of barriers and a bit more organisation! It was my first gig at the Emirates so I don't know if this is what it is always like, but if it is then it needs to be improved.

But other than that it was awesome. Still buzzing! :D

I saw a couple of small ones at the beginning, went towards them and they instantly died down. Hysteria was the first proper one I got in. A lot of the time I just had plenty of room to stand around and bob my head to, and that was relatively near the front

You got Hysteria last night? Bugger, could have done with that on Saturday.... still, it was all good apart from the usual complaints, Undisclosed, Resistance, Guiding Light... Dead Star more than made up for it. Anybody going to Amsterdam?

Fantastic gig, really good! I wanted Bliss and Dead Star but not going to complain about Map and B&H! Fair swaps!

We should have swapped... Bliss and Dead Star were on Saturday! Dead Star was incredible but I got the impression that many of the audience only knew the more recent stuff, I was the only one that went mental in my block when that came on. But well done Muse for really mixing it up this time.... if only you could drop GL, UD and Madness for us (am I the ONLY person who does not like Madness?)

Also FURY, was that really played last night 'cos it isn't on setlist website?

First post. First Muse gig. Yo. :)

Although I'm somewhat of a newbie when it comes to Muse, having basically only really fell in love with them since the Olympic Closing Ceremony last year, I've bought and listened to every song on every album almost on repeat since then and as I showed up to Emirates on this ridiculously sunny day, my heart just kept on pounding. Felt like I'd known and listened to them for years.

They didn't disappoint :happy: Highlights:

• Sunburn, Sunburn, SUNBURN. I'd jokingly wondered if they'd slip it into the setlist given the sudden heatwave, and when they said "First song, first album" and started playing I couldn't believe it, man did it sound good too. A delight that quickly turned to slight annoyance when no one around me knew the song and reacted with comparative indifference, but still, wonderful surprise :)
  • Butterflies & Hurricanes!! Apparently the first time it's been played in two years.
  • The whole thing in general put The 2nd Law massively higher up in my estimations, with songs I wasn't previously sure about much improved by the sound and memories of hearing them live.
  • Lightbulb. Nuff said :p

Gotta say I was somewhat dismayed by the almost complete lack of anything from Origin of Symmetry, which is my fave Muse album if not fave album of all time - Feeling Good and Plug in Baby was all we got, which at least were wonderful to hear but had they slipped in the likes of Newborn, Citizen Erased and Space Dementia in there I'd have been even further up in heaven. Pleasantly surprised to hear lots of Absolution but my favourite single from that album (SfA) was the only one they didn't play!! Even so great to hear all the others. Starlight was somewhat of a disappointing closer...this might be somewhat of a controversial opinion, but even something like Neutron Star Collision I think would have been better. *ducks just in case*

Maybe it was just my part of the crowd but I thought it was a shame that almost anything that wasn't from either BH&R or The Resistance didn't quite get the reactions that something like Knights of Cydonia or Uprising did (both of which had the crowd in a glorious frenzy, particularly the former), but to be honest I'm still recovering from actually seeing them live for the first time. Looking at other recent setlists and seeing how much they mix and match songs I def wanna see them again ASAP!

Come to Amsterdam... you get Biffy Clyro instead of Dizzee there!

You got Hysteria last night? Bugger, could have done with that on Saturday.... still, it was all good apart from the usual complaints, Undisclosed, Resistance, Guiding Light... Dead Star more than made up for it. Anybody going to Amsterdam?

I am :)

Oh Christ you got Fury as well?

No ;)

Does anyone knows if we can bring kids to these kind of gigs? my son is 4 years old, not sure if I can bring him...

Yes but I have to say Dizzee swore way too much. Matt's language is way better, just the odd f word & perfectly justified. I wouldn't stand with a four year old but there were youngsters in my seated block and they were safe and sound and seemed to enjoy it. Good for you, get him started on the good stuff!

So am I the only one who got completely screwed over by the queuing system? I was the one going around at about 7:30 ish asking people to hold a spot for me since I didn't have my ticket and had no idea where to go . I ended up waiting at M, got my ticket at 4, and it said I was at H I went over there, and it was a giant clusterfuck so I decided to stay at M, since I was assured by multiple people that it would still work. Nope. My ticket wouldn't work there so I had to go to H while they were letting people in. I still ended up getting a pretty decent spot, but it was ridiculously frustrating.

On the other hand, fucking Blackout. I cried during it. It really was a great concert last night, though I wish we could have gotten Dead Star or Bliss.

I am :)

I just knew you'd be going Pip, I met you very briefly at the O2 last year, you are a die-hard!

Glad I am standing for this one, NEVER sitting again, no atmosphere. What time are you getting to the Arena?

X

Early! :LOL:

That was so fun. So much glow stick fun was had.

I liked the set list on Saturday better but it was still pretty awesome. Dead Star and USE are two of my faves though.

It's sad that I've seen Dizzee Rascal live (3) more time than I've seen Dead Star though (2)...

Were we at the same gig??!! :stunned: Moshers where I was (Matt side) were horrendous and really violent, you didn't have a choice they pushed the circle right out. Worst experience I've had in a long time. I was really shocked, I know it's hyper usually but that was something else.:(

Man that really sucks, I hate when it's just violent for the sake of it. I'm really short so I like to be near the front so I've got a chance of being able to see without having to go into the seats (tbf I usually can't see anything was just lucky last night) but I would hate it if I got dragged into something like that, especially after queuing for hours. I hope everyone was ok near you. :(

Bit further back on the left it was more of a dancy jumpy pit, really fun!

I think I must have been near this one as there wasn't too much shoving, mostly just bouncing around all over the place.

Also, I think it was just H where it was a mess. When I walked around to the loos everyone else seemed to have organised themselves really well.

Edit: spelling

So, that was my first ever Muse gig and fortunately, I was barrier on Chris' side (first highlight of the night)

Absolutely loved The 1975, Dizzee was fun, but when you're at the barrier and the music is pretty much ALL bass, it kills your ears. Some people behind me were making makeshift earplugs from tissue.

Then, the main attraction, Muse. Holy. Shit. Amazing doesn't come close to describing it. I was told by my girlfriend (she went on the Saturday) that they got New Born on the Roulette, so I didn't hold much hope on getting it again (we didn't anyway, but Stockholm was still incredible). The main shock for me was that two of my all time favourite Muse tracks were on the slist, Map and Hysteria. I couldn't have asked for a better set list.

The whole barrier on Chris' side was rocking out, there was no moshing near where we were (as far as we could tell) and only my voice is hurting today :)

And to top it all off, a very lovely security guard then actually gave me the set list that they had and it is now a prized possession on my wall as well as my two Muso bills and my ticket.

Amazing.

Another amazing gig! I had a better spot than the previous night, and had a ton of fun with my friends, but there were a few points that were kind of ruined by a very drunk man trying to shove me off the barrier :mad: My friend and I linked arms to deter him, and kept pushing him back. He was pushing up against me during most of the heavier songs, still trying to break through... So that part kind of sucked. But over all it was a wonderful time!!!!

Randm, but if anyone happened to take a video of Follow Me where you can see the screens very well, would you mind posting it? My friend and I appeared on the screen for a fleeting moment and I'd love to see it hahaha.

The worst thing about it was the queuing system - or lack thereof! :mad:

So am I the only one who got completely screwed over by the queuing system?

The queuing at the Emirates is an absolute shambles. I was very much unimpressed with the lack of barriers or any kind of stewarding on Saturday and thought they'd have sorted it out on Sunday. Nope. I was at Turnstile R this time and when I got there it was an organised queue going down the wall, until suddenly about half an hour before doors everybody rushed towards the doors and the "queue" ended up as this:

img2904m.jpg

So, that was my first ever Muse gig and fortunately, I was barrier on Chris' side (first highlight of the night)

The whole barrier on Chris' side was rocking out, there was no moshing near where we were (as far as we could tell) and only my voice is hurting today :)

And to top it all off, a very lovely security guard then actually gave me the set list that they had and it is now a prized possession on my wall as well as my two Muso bills and my ticket.

Amazing.

I was barrier (or one row behind) on Chris's side too! Just in front of the giant screen. Which security guard gave you the setlist? I was told they wouldn't be giving any out!

Was anyone else at the front on Chris's side? Great energy there but I must say enthusiasm was lacking a bit for some songs - nobody seemed to jump to TIRO! Also, kudos to the guy rocking an umbrella during Starlight:

img2961ki.jpg

No Dead Star. That's all I'm gonna say.

I found Butterflies to be a lot better than Dead Star live.

TI was barrier (or one row behind) on Chris's side too! Just in front of the giant screen. Which security guard gave you the setlist? I was told they wouldn't be giving any out!

Was anyone else at the front on Chris's side? Great energy there but I must say enthusiasm was lacking a bit for some songs - nobody seemed to jump to TIRO!

If you went past the stage on the way out (the closest exit to the stage), there was a security guard in like a black puffy jacket, he was the one who gave it to me.

I thought the crowd down our end was great! Everyone on the barrier (barring two girls who looked petrified) was singing and jumping. If you saw the tall guy with red hair (and black roots from hell), that was me.

I forgot to mention... BEACHBALLS! The booing when any went over the barrier though...

Archived