You leave it until 3 weeks before the gig to check this stuff? :wtf:

Yeah, good luck finding a hotel. And a cheap one? Out of the question. With Muse and the Champions League final on the same weekend you're looking at ridiculous prices. If you can even find available rooms.

Yeah, organisation personified. I only bought my second night ticket last week.

Have a look on booking.com and search the area surrounding the stadium. You can display the results in order of price.

Still slightly scared we'll show up and find it to be the sketchiest place ever XD

The first time one of my friends stayed in a hostel he swears he was woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of a chainsaw starting up

Now that's sketchy

Yeah, organisation personified. I only bought my second night ticket last week.

trivago is a good one to use. I often get the best deals from there.

I know what you mean about the train Situation as they decided to do works on the railways on that sunday night to now the last train is at 11pm for me :(

So I'm back and finally found the time to gather all my questions that I HAVE to ask before I leave. This travelling, queueing and the whole thing is a new stuff for me so no hate :moody:

The important info: I will be in London three days. I will arrive on 25th around 11am and leave on 27th around 6am. I dont have any hotel because im a poor student and Im trying save up all the money I can so I could buy shit in London. Now this last thing is a huge problem. I will be sleeping in front of the Emirates and queue for 20 hours. My 2 mates are comming with me, and at least one of us has to have any sort of plan. So i hope you dont mind if i ask some quesons,I know some of them are googlable, but i thought some native englishmen would give me better advices :) So lets start with the questions ! :\mm/:

1: Lets start from the beggining. When I land to London (Stansted) what is the easiest and cheapest way to get to the Emirates stadium ? I heard about easybus, it should be like 11pounds for a ride, so im looking if theres anything better than that ?

2: My second question is related to my first one: When the gig ends I have 6 hours before my plane takes off. I have no idea how long should I be there before the take off. But the question is: If its easy to get a bus that takes me to airport at 4am or around that time and how long does the ride take ?

3: I've heard that London can be a harsh place at night. I was hoping that after a gig I could take a walk in the downtown or near the river or Big Ben. Is it safe to stay at the city at night or should I just head straight to the airport ? Or which areas should I avoid ?

4: Now as I plan to spend tons of money on souvenirs I have to store them somewhere before the concerts starts because I cant stand on the barrier with full backpack of random items. I'm looking for some place where is some public safe or any place where I can store my items for few hours. Also some price range would be awsome.

5: I have 0 experience with sleeping in front of a stadium before the concert. Some of you that are experienced might tell me how do you do it ? Should I just buy cheap sleeping bags and throw them away before the concert ? Is it necesarry to take turns in sleeping with my friends (we dont want to get raped at 3 am).

6: Food and Bars: is there some cheap restaurant near the stadium ? Some fastfood maybe or local pub that you would recommend ? My pals from England recommended me to get some sunday lunch somewhere, so once again im asking for places to eat that might be good for fair price.

7: Drinks: I'm allowed to drink in my country since im 18. How does it work in England ? My friend told me that you can drink in bar if youre not 21 ? (im dont want to get wasted, just asking about beers) Can I buy a beer and drink it on the street (public consumption of alcohol is illegal in my country - only in bars) ? Would be there any problem if i take my own ciggarettes from my country, because i heard they are quite pricey in London.

8: Any advices on things i might forgotten ?

Ill try to update this post if i remember something i wanted. For now its all from me. Im sorry if the questions might be quite retarded or if youre offended by my imbecillity (does this word even exist ?) :D. Thanks for all the replies. Best wishes ! :happy::happy::happy:

Well... you're braver than I am...

Food will be fine, there'll be loads of stuff around the stadium, no doubt.

Also, I don't see the point in sleeping rough (in London of all places) so you can get a ton of souvenirs :LOL:

I'll do the ones I know about:

1. Not sure about getting into London but the Emirates isn't central exactly. But if your plan is to spend the day mooching about then heading to the stadium to queue overnight for this gig, and you're not going to the one on the 25th, it won't really matter where in London you end up, you'll still need to get the tube or a bus to the stadium. Have a look at the Transport for London website: http://www.tfl.gov.uk

4. There's a left luggage place at Kings Cross station, price should be googleable.

7. To buy alcohol you have to be 18. If you're having a meal, in theory you can drink alcohol but in practice it's at the licensee's discretion and it's unlikely. Drinking outside is frowned on, can't remember if it's illegal, but I'd guess that by the stadium it will definitely be a no-no.

Other stuff. Honestly I think you'll enjoy the gig more/have more energy if you find somewhere decent to sleep the night before, doesn't have to be spendy.

I might forgott to mention. Im not sleeping in front of the stadium because i dont have the money, i want the barrier spots and i heard people in london do that. So i thought i wont be alone there and its was a good way to save 100 pounds. Its real adventure for all of us. And i think this part of queueing is really necessary. We will enjoy the gig much better with the great feeling of acomplishment at the end. The feeling that it was all worth it :);):)

Also for 1; i was kinda hoping to emirates dirst, sayy hello to few people i know that are queueing and then go by foot to he downtown. It doesnt look that far on maps. 30 -45 mins on foot. To the eye ?

I think someone said it well in a thread a few weeks back, there would be about 20 in the queue at midnight and about 20 in the queue at 7am... I'm aiming for barrier-or-not-far-off and I'm in a travelodge South of the river the night before cos I'm going to the rugby...

I think someone said it well in a thread a few weeks back, there would be about 20 in the queue at midnight and about 20 in the queue at 7am... I'm aiming for barrier-or-not-far-off and I'm in a travelodge South of the river the night before cos I'm going to the rugby...

Were really looking forward to staying in front of the stadium. And as i wrote earlier, the feelling from tje whole trip will be much more stringer. There will be lots of stories and i think we will have a great time :) if Catherine can handle queueing in france or usa from 2'am, few hours more cant kill us.

fair does! But you asked the questions, so you've got answers. Queueing all day is plenty time for stories (I carried a watermelon...) and shizzle, but if you want to overnight, good luck! The weather may or may not be shit, the police/stadium security may or may not tolerate you being there, transport may or may not be an issue... I am not ever going to say 'don't queue' because I've done it myself but I will tell you what I think of doing an overnight in May in London.

1: Lets start from the beggining. When I land to London (Stansted) what is the easiest and cheapest way to get to the Emirates stadium ? I heard about easybus, it should be like 11pounds for a ride, so im looking if theres anything better than that ?

2: My second question is related to my first one: When the gig ends I have 6 hours before my plane takes off. I have no idea how long should I be there before the take off. But the question is: If its easy to get a bus that takes me to airport at 4am or around that time and how long does the ride take ?

Terravision is prob the best bet coach wise from Stansted. Check out the website as they go from a few places.

http://www.terravision.eu/stansted_price_timetable.html

The longest it will take is if you catch it at Victoria is 1 hour 15 minutes.

Stansted is open 24 hours so it doesn't matter what time you get there.

Were really looking forward to staying in front of the stadium. And as i wrote earlier, the feelling from tje whole trip will be much more stringer. There will be lots of stories and i think we will have a great time :) if Catherine can handle queueing in france or usa from 2'am, few hours more cant kill us.

I slept outside the Stade de France (it wasn't planned, we decided to do it after seeing five people there with tents when we went to listen to the soundcheck the night before) before the first of the two gigs. It completely ruined the gig for me. I was exhausted, bad tempered and ached all over.

We were lucky in that there was a portable toilet there. Where will you go to the toilet overnight?

Oh, and there were no more people there at 6 the following morning than there had been at 9 the night before. I'd never do it again.

Ok, I read tons of pages now but I am still confused. Gigsandtours sends the 25th tickets overseas but not the ones for the 26th? Because Tiia and me can't go to the gigs and that would mean we can't even sell them? We picked that company so we don't have to collect them at the office :indiff:

Ok, I read tons of pages now but I am still confused. Gigsandtours sends the 25th tickets overseas but not the ones for the 26th? Because Tiia and me can't go to the gigs and that would mean we can't even sell them? We picked that company so we don't have to collect them at the office :indiff:

Ari had his 25th tickets sent to me because they wouldn't post them to Sweden.

Archived