matthijs

Anyone know if Manson will send out replacement necks for MAs? Mine is just not in good condition

Instinct tells me that they are more likely to want to do the work themselves, although I've nothing to back that up with. Plus the MA guitars are made in Czech which may complicate things like sending single parts.

Something tells me they'd talk you into having a custom neck made ;)

Aye if that's what it would take I would gladly pay for it haha.

What have you done to it?

And I don't think they'd send it out, but I'm sure you could get it replaced anyway.

It's more of a cosmetic issue than anything. The guitar still plays fine but theres scratches all down the back of it + literally a small chunk missing around the 10th fret and every time I slide my hand down there it catches the skin and is extremely uncomfortable. Probably from all the travelling my guitars have been doing over the last year or so and the inevitable banging and bumping that comes with it. Even being in the Hiscox case hasn't saved it :LOL:

:facemelt:

That's probably one of the nicer ones, but the most interesting one is the old tele (Phill's favourite) which has half flame, half birds. Basically split down the middle.

It's more of a cosmetic issue than anything. The guitar still plays fine but theres scratches all down the back of it + literally a small chunk missing around the 10th fret and every time I slide my hand down there it catches the skin and is extremely uncomfortable. Probably from all the travelling my guitars have been doing over the last year or so and the inevitable banging and bumping that comes with it. Even being in the Hiscox case hasn't saved it :LOL:

Is the missing part actually wood, or is it just the finish?

I'm sure you could get the current one refinished in gloss, but it would make more sense to get a custom neck and have that spec'd how you like. I do like the low gloss finish they put on that black/silver guitar.

On the other hand, I had the black glitter finish put on a stock MA neck, but it was a brand new one.

Problem with sending the entire guitar is that you'll end up having a bunch of other stuff done while it's there.

edit: less than 100 replies until the new thread. What should the new thread title be?

I was thinking

Manson guitars and equipment III: The Bridge Magician™ strikes back

Or

Manson guitars and equipment III: three isn't enough

(that's aimed at Bs in case you're wondering)

Manson guitars and equipment III: three isn't enough

(that's aimed at Bs in case you're wondering)

I don't have enough money for more, haha!

Maybe I should start some kind of fund... #buybsamanson

Is the missing part actually wood, or is it just the finish?

I'm sure you could get the current one refinished in gloss, but it would make more sense to get a custom neck and have that spec'd how you like. I do like the low gloss finish they put on that black/silver guitar.

On the other hand, I had the black glitter finish put on a stock MA neck, but it was a brand new one.

Problem with sending the entire guitar is that you'll end up having a bunch of other stuff done while it's there.

Somehow missing wood :facepalm:

Yeah I was actually kinda considering just sending it in and getting them to chuck a glossy one on it and then potentially getting it refinished while it's there. The shipping from Aus to the UK though is a bit of an eye sore.

Yeah I was actually kinda considering just sending it in and getting them to chuck a glossy one on it and then potentially getting it refinished while it's there. The shipping from Aus to the UK though is a bit of an eye sore.

Probably better to just sell it and get a new one?

I don't have enough money for more, haha!

Maybe I should start some kind of fund... #buybsamanson

Not at this very moment you don't.

But you will by the time we hit the fourth thread.

If I did, you'd be the first to know! I was just reacting to your comment about the right price, still working on RustRelic :LOL:

Nah that's what he told me, hence buying it from him five years ago!

Probably better to just sell it and get a new one?

ye

Maybe just send the body? Though they'll need a case to send it back in, so I don't know.

Not at this very moment you don't.

But you will by the time we hit the fourth thread.

Nah that's what he told me, hence buying it from him five years ago!

ye

Maybe just send the body? Though they'll need a case to send it back in, so I don't know.

Oh, shit. I didn't realise he had sold it to you. Does that mean I've missed the oppurtunity to own it twice then?

Archived