matthijs

To be honest, I wasn't planning to be online until Wednesday, so I might be disappearing for a couple of days. I'll get pictures of everything up when I am online though. Guitars, pedals, the lot. Oh, and I didn't know Exeter had an airport either but apparently so. I'm guessing it's too small to fly in from the U.S. though?

That's what I gathered. I was hoping to take one less trip across the country next time, but I guess it's not a big deal (to me anyway)

To be honest, I wasn't planning to be online until Wednesday, so I might be disappearing for a couple of days. I'll get pictures of everything up when I am online though. Guitars, pedals, the lot. Oh, and I didn't know Exeter had an airport either but apparently so. I'm guessing it's too small to fly in from the U.S. though?

seen it already :p

I just realized how much I've been a part of designing Bs' custom.

the finish, swirly bridge pickup cover, ebony fretboard...

also the body wood was chosen because of its tonal characteristics based on my slow jazz version of uprising.

I won't take all the credit of course. If it wasn't for Jim, we wouldn't have had the magic bridge.... and all the drama that ensued...

Yeah, to be honest, I think most of the frequent posters on here made some useful contribution to it at some point. I'm definitely grateful for all the help and advice everyone gave me through all the planning stages and so on. I always knew more or less where I wanted to go with it, but without necessarily knowing how to get there, or having ideas without knowing how to implement them, or what was going to be the best way of achieving what I wanted. So yeah, you all know who you are I guess, and I do appreciate the input on some of the decisions along the way. I'm heading off now, so will try and post something up on Wednesday.

Yeah, to be honest, I think most of the frequent posters on here made some useful contribution to it at some point. I'm definitely grateful for all the help and advice everyone gave me through all the planning stages and so on. I always knew more or less where I wanted to go with it, but without necessarily knowing how to get there, or having ideas without knowing how to implement them, or what was going to be the best way of achieving what I wanted. So yeah, you all know who you are I guess, and I do appreciate the input on some of the decisions along the way. I'm heading off now, so will try and post something up on Wednesday.

You're welcome.

And hurry back, I have something to ask you...

nSCpmuO.jpg

Couldn't help but think #4 was about bridge man, especially on a day like today.

Where's Bs. I can't wait much longer.

A) He's in some car park playing his guitar

B) He managed to shock himself with the magic box I sent him

C) He's doing this to us intentionally to make his next post his best (and longest) one ever

Is your's a Custom or an MB-1S? :)

Surely a custom, because the MB-1S wouldn't be ready yet.

Can I get a recap on the mounds of technology in that beautiful beast?!

Since BS isn't reading this thread:

It has the following:

- 7 string custom shape (modelled after a SUPER STRAT), swamp ash wrapped in swirly ali

- Ebony fretboard and hard maple neck

- Matching headstock with stealth looking manson logo

- 7 string sustaniac sustainer in humbucker because BS loves the HUMBUCKER LOOK

- MBK-3

- THE MAGIC BRIDGE consisting of a floyd rose tremolo system, midi and piezo, all with BYPASSES

- Fuzz factory because the FUZZ PROBE isn't enough on the pedal board (I miss the third fuzz factory)

- Nickel hardware (knobs and machine heads).

- Think it packs around 3 batteries, most of the guitar is hollowed out besides the top right corner i believe, all to make way for the electronics

- MAGIC BRIDGE had issues primarily in getting enough pressure on the piezo, this has been modified to work now BUT it limits the amount of whammying allowed.

Think I have everything. 3 years have gone past from idea to where it is now, this is exactly the guitar BS wants as he doesn't want another guitar and knew that if he was spending a lot of money on a guitar, he might as well go ALL THE WAY.

Haha, well, I am reading the thread and you're fairly close. I'll get videos at some point. It's amazing anyway.

Yeah, swamp ash body, birdseye maple neck, ebony fretboard, custom body shape, swirled aluminium covering. 7 strings, Sustainiac for the neck pickup, MBK3 for the bridge pickup, modified Ibanez ZR-7 bridge for GraphTech Ghost (piezo and MIDI) compatibility, Fuzz Factory, and Kill Switch. The main knobs are for magnetic, piezo, and MIDI volume, and the switches give flexibility on what's active at any given point. Three batteries, but it could have run on two. I've got two dedicated to the sustainer just to prolong the battery life. The other battery serves both the piezo and the Fuzz Factory as they draw so little current each.

It's accurate, but the bridge is pretty much faultless actually - no problems playing with that at all as it turns out thankfully. The MBK3 is awesome too, and the internal Fuzz Factory is a nice option to have. Had to lower the volume of that and the piezo a bit as they'd set them way too high, so I grabbed a couple of internal photos while I was at it. Played around with it for a bit while it was open actually as I had to test the new volumes, and it all stayed in place nicely. The other cavities for the bridge springs, the kill switch, and the batteries

_DSC0065_zps34a85638.jpg

It's accurate, but the bridge is pretty much faultless actually - no problems playing with that at all as it turns out thankfully. The MBK3 is awesome too, and the internal Fuzz Factory is a nice option to have. Had to lower the volume of that and the piezo a bit as they'd set them way too high, so I grabbed a couple of internal photos while I was at it. Played around with it for a bit while it was open actually as I had to test the new volumes, and it all stayed in place nicely. The other cavities for the bridge springs, the kill switch, and the batteries

_DSC0065_zps34a85638.jpg

pfft it's accurate to what you've been telling us :p james can probably hunt for the quotes on the thread. glad the bridge works fine then. Is that a custom ali knobs to control the truss rod?

Archived