matthijs

Yes, I do like that one. Also, the black carbon... #soon :ninja:

what one's that? have you got another custom in the works? :ninja:

Kinda want one of them silver MA2 EVOs

silver ones look great, just not the M1N1 one!

:LOL: those comments pop up with pretty much every manson guitar posted to the shop's facebook page

sounds like it'll be a great build. can't wait to see the LEDs with the carbon, they'll go hand in hand!

:LOL: those comments pop up with pretty much every manson guitar posted to the shop's facebook page

sounds like it'll be a great build. can't wait to see the LEDs with the carbon, they'll go hand in hand!

I also noticed this. What the actual...

I think that guitar is actually a mock up someone on here made.

And yeah, pretty excited about it... especially the neck LEDs. seeing musecasters' 007 replica pushed me into getting them... not really worth the price (and I only went with the side dots), but still...they will make me play awesomeness

silver ones look great, just not the M1N1 one!

How come there's only one toggle switch for the sustainer? Or is it just a normal pickup with a program switch? :erm:

Also, just noticed the guitar with three outputs on there - I think Tim was talking to me about that one when I was in the shop. Something to do with having each pickup able to go to a different amp, and then be able to control which configurations are active from the guitar at any given time or something. It sounded a bit odd, but that was what the guy wanted apparently.

Ah, gotcha - bit out of the loop on the new models. If anyone's interested though, someone in the shop mentioned to me that they were thinking of doing a kind of 'classic' line of MAs, with options like Bigsbys and all that kind of stuff, instead of the normal tech-laden models.

Also, just noticed the guitar with three outputs on there - I think Tim was talking to me about that one when I was in the shop. Something to do with having each pickup able to go to a different amp, and then be able to control which configurations are active from the guitar at any given time or something. It sounded a bit odd, but that was what the guy wanted apparently.

Surprised your custom doesn't have that feature.

I have no idea how that would work. If each pickup goes to a different amp, I wonder how you would control them exactly... it seems to have the standard pickup switch cutout, but I'm guessing it will have three additional switches too...

Ah, gotcha - bit out of the loop on the new models. If anyone's interested though, someone in the shop mentioned to me that they were thinking of doing a kind of 'classic' line of MAs, with options like Bigsbys and all that kind of stuff, instead of the normal tech-laden models.

surf green, pearloid pick guard, maple fretboard...

Just a thought

James, I think a few of those things were mentioned too to be honest. In terms of the MA, it was something like he had each amp on a different setting, and only wanted to use certain pickups with certain settings, but then there was a switch to swap some of them round or something. I don't remember exactly, it was kind of mentioned in passing, and I didn't think I'd have to explain it to anyone else, haha! I run all my stuff through one amp though, so no need for anything like that, and I already have two outputs, one of which is a stereo jack. Apparently this guy didn't want a stereo output, hence the three mono jacks.

so i think i've settled on a lot of the specifics for what i'd want in a custom guitar (just gotta save for a while now), but I can't quite decide on which finish I prefer, red carbon or this, http://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/product/manson-works-002-29 , cracked mirror with the black headstock, for those of you who have seen them, which look better up close, carbon/red carbon or mirror?

so i think i've settled on a lot of the specifics for what i'd want in a custom guitar (just gotta save for a while now), but I can't quite decide on which finish I prefer, red carbon or this, http://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/product/manson-works-002-29 , cracked mirror with the black headstock, for those of you who have seen them, which look better up close, carbon/red carbon or mirror?

Depends really. I've got a cracked mirror with an aluminum paint back and matching headstock which I think looks good, but on the other hand, if you're going for a natural wood back, I'd get a matching cracked mirror headstock (ala sock man)

Also, the black carbon shouldn't be too far off. I think the neck has been done for a while, and the body already has the carbon material on, so...

Haha, too true! Yeah, I did ask about it actually, way way back. From what I remember, it would be possible, but not very practical. The 13 pin cable already powers the MIDI circuit in the guitar from the GR-55, but to then try and split the power and have it going to the sustainer, piezo, and fuzz factory wouldn't really work out that well. With all the aluminium as well, there's the potential for all kinds of interference, even if you try and ground everything as much as possible - you've already seen what can happen with the sustainer if it's not set up properly.

It would have been possible to power everything else with a third jack on the guitar, but I wasn't prepared to go that far. Besides, it's not like the MB-1 where the screen dies every week if you use it a lot. The piezo and fuzz factory will last ages on their own, and I've got two batteries dedicated to the sustainer so that will last longer than normal too. The idea to power the MB-1 directly was just for the screen really, but then he said it could power the sustainer too, which I hadn't even thought about, so that was just a massive bonus.

Archived