matthijs

Arny, je suis à Tours, pour un cours de langue. C'est une obligation de mon cours de l'université en Angleterre, mais il me semble que c'est une ville très belle et historique. Pourtant, malheuresement, je suis trop fatigué de l'explorer beaucoup en ce moment, mais je ne suis que arrivé dimanche, donc il y a encore presque quatre semaines pour cela.

That's about all my brain can handle at the moment, haha! I'm far too tired! :LOL:

Arny, je suis à Tours, pour un cours de langue. C'est une obligation de mon cours de l'université en Angleterre, mais il me semble que c'est une ville très belle et historique. Pourtant, malheuresement, je suis trop fatigué de l'explorer beaucoup en ce moment, mais je ne suis que arrivé dimanche, donc il y a encore presque quatre semaines pour cela.

That's about all my brain can handle at the moment, haha! I'm far too tired! :LOL:

Wow, you're very good at french ! I'd like to have the same level in english ! I'm not far away because I'm only at 1 hour and 40 minutes by car from Tours.

Wow, you're very good at french ! I'd like to have the same level in english ! I'm not far away because I'm only at 1 hour and 40 minutes by car from Tours.

Thanks, haha! Considering I hadn't used it at all for about 15 months before the last few days, I think I'm doing alright, haha! When I was in Japan, I felt like I'd forgotten everything and I thought I'd struggle, but now I'm just struggling to keep the balance of French and Japanese going at the same time. I also think that's the first time I've ever been told that I'm better at someone's language than they are at English. Normally no matter how much time I've spent learning it, everyone else's English overseas is always so much better, haha! I'm trying to think where is 1 hour and 40 minutes away from Tours. Orleans isn't that far, I don't think, and Paris is probably a bit further, or at least it was on the train, so I don't know, haha!

Oh, look, a Manson! :ninja:

red-carbon.png

Hey everybody !

Manson has almost finished the new MB-1 run and they ask for the string gauge.

What gauge do you usually use on your MB1 ?

I usually play 10-46 but I read somewhere (probably here :LOL:) that Matt plays with a 52 instead of the 46...

And Bs your French is impressive ;)

Mine shipped with 10-52 (which was the default gauge at the time - I don't think there was a choice back then) but I've tried a few different sets and combinations... I went back to 10-52 in the end.

Matt uses a standard 10's set, but with the sixth string replaced with a .060

So it's

10-13-17-26-36-60

Not sure if that's an option though

Thanks ! I think I'll go for the 10-52 gauge :happy:

Good choice. I had the standard 10's on mine for a while, then the standard 10's with a .052, but I found that it sounds best with the 10-52s

It's the opposite with the MB-2 SE though (10-46 on this), but I want a different sound from that one anyway

I use 10-52

We have so much in common! I can't remember, but did you intentionally leave your MB-1 in tune before you left? I seem to recall you mentioning something about that.

I'm pretty sure I did, yeah, haha! I actually had to put a new set of strings on about a week before I left which was annoying, so I don't know how well they'll have lasted just being in the case for a year but I'll see when I get back. I didn't want the tension on the neck to be different from normal for a long period of time though, whether it would really make a difference or not, I don't know.

I'm pretty sure I did, yeah, haha! I actually had to put a new set of strings on about a week before I left which was annoying, so I don't know how well they'll have lasted just being in the case for a year but I'll see when I get back. I didn't want the tension on the neck to be different from normal for a long period of time though, whether it would really make a difference or not, I don't know.

I understand that if a guitar is stored for a long period of time, it's best to tune it down a full step or so, but not take the tension off completely.

The strings might be dead at this point, but I don't know about the setup. I imagine it will still play better than the ukelele you seemed to dislike so much (was it really that bad?)

Ah, well, hopefully it'll be alright. And yeah, I'm not expecting miracles on the string condition, but if it's still playable, that'll be nice to go back to without having to do all of that first. The guitar in Japan was really frustrating to be fair. I don't miss that at all, and I ended up not playing it at all for ages in the end. Just being able to practice a bit on a Pacifica here is so much better, and I remember how much mine drove me insane when I was waiting for my MB-1. Going back to playing Mansons again is going to be bliss, haha!

Somebody please buy it off them so it's back on the radar :)

I don't speak french :supersad:

That's pretty cool !

But that must drain the batteries quite fast... Not sure if that's worth for someone who plays in a bedroom. :rolleyes:

Apparently it needs smoke too

That doesn't sound like anyone here at all. :rolleyes:

I was waiting for that :ninja: AND FOR THE RECORD it's just the MA guitars that are like currency.

Pretty sure the chaps username was Klawn and the guitar was built in 2005, it was about the same time as Matt B's Chrome guitar and Simno'd Chromeboy guitar :)

Yeah. Seems like he's more into relic'd custom shop Fenders these days.

Didn't this guitar also have the neck replaced because he didn't like the headstock shape?

Archived