matthijs

Haha, thanks, guys! It's nice to finally bring it all to an end - it plays wonderfully! It even makes its own reverb thanks to all the cavities too, haha! Phill - I keep telling myself it's not that heavy. It's certainly comfortable enough to play, though it did make my shoulder ache a bit after the first big playing session. I picked up the MB-1 for comparison though, and... :LOL:

Proper picture of the back before I go...

_DSC0175_zps05920cf5.jpg

[HIDDEN=And One With The MB-1]_DSC0121.jpg[/HIDDEN]Poor James has missed all the fun, haha! I'll be back online tomorrow or the day after anyway!

There's plenty more pictures if anyone wants them...

bitch

Did you receive the magic box and special cable?

Not my fault! :(

I did, yes - I haven't had any shocks or anything though, so I'm guessing it's because you don't have a grounded power supply there? Will get those other pedals out to you next week if that's alright.

Looks fantastic, Bs. Interested to hear how it sounds with all the magic stuff in the bridge.

Yeah, I'll try and sort some kind of demo out at some point but I'm a bit busy at the moment with all sorts of things needing to be organised having just got back to the UK, so I'll do something when I have chance. It sounds huge anyway. MBK3 is massive, can't imagine having anything else in there to be honest. It's given things like my Wah Probe a whole new lease of life which is great. Fuzz Factory works great, piezo and midi seem to work well from what I've tried so far, though I'll be going more in depth with that when I have chance.

Bridge is awesome thankfully, really happy with it. Everything on the guitar is just really well balanced so everything works nicely. Hard to explain in detail, but it all just feels right somehow. The only thing I haven't got working properly yet is the sustainer, mainly because I've been focusing on everything else. It doesn't seem as responsive as the Fernandes from what I've tried so far, but that could be down to a number of things. Will play it a bit more when I can. Otherwise, a few of the switches need tweaking, so I might see if that can get done sooner rather than later, but apart from that, all is good. Just hard to explain, haha!

Thanks everyone - I could try and get some videos arranged in the next week or two if there's anything in particular people want to hear, either with the custom or MB-1 or pedal set up or whatever. Will have to make a note of stuff over the weekend maybe. Otherwise I should be free next Wednesday. Depends if I hear back about having some of the switches sorted out, whether I wait for that to be done first or not. Will sort something out soon enough anyway. :)

Thanks everyone - I could try and get some videos arranged in the next week or two if there's anything in particular people want to hear, either with the custom or MB-1 or pedal set up or whatever. Will have to make a note of stuff over the weekend maybe. Otherwise I should be free next Wednesday. Depends if I hear back about having some of the switches sorted out, whether I wait for that to be done first or not. Will sort something out soon enough anyway. :)

Request = Knife Party - Bonfire

Not my fault! :(

I did, yes - I haven't had any shocks or anything though, so I'm guessing it's because you don't have a grounded power supply there? Will get those other pedals out to you next week if that's alright.

I suppose I can forgive you. After all, your guitar probably still has my DNA on it...

Sounds good about the pedals. I suppose I should send you my address before you send them.

Also, as for the sustainiac, that's weird that it's weaker. Try replacing the battery too - I've always found that the sustainiac is TOO strong... to the point of squealing etc

I'd most definitely love to hear how the new guitar and the pedal setup sounds, that pedal board is a monster!

When you get it done let me know how it looks, i've always been interested to see how silverburst would look on a manson

I'll put some pictures up. As of now, I'm just waiting to hear whether or not I can get that finish.

This is what I have in mind:

-Silverburst finish (not the "raindrop" shape, but the nice and even one they've done on some recent gibsons)

-silver headstock finish with black logo

-new neck with ebony fretboard (I need to ask about this too, as I originally requested something else)

-black MBK-3 bridge pickup with chrome surround

-black custom hardware (machine heads and control knobs)

-bridge changed to black 510 gotoh

-all other hardware changed from chrome to black

I'll put some pictures up. As of now, I'm just waiting to hear whether or not I can get that finish.

This is what I have in mind:

-Silverburst finish (not the "raindrop" shape, but the nice and even one they've done on some recent gibsons)

-silver headstock finish with black logo

-new neck with ebony fretboard (I need to ask about this too, as I originally requested something else)

-black MBK-3 bridge pickup with chrome surround

-black custom hardware (machine heads and control knobs)

-bridge changed to black 510 gotoh

-all other hardware changed from chrome to black

that sounds godly honestly, can't wait to see it! Very glad you went with black hardware etc, a friend of mine had a custom guitar built from a guy over here in silver burst and had gold hardware which just looked honestly atrocious

that sounds godly honestly, can't wait to see it! Very glad you went with black hardware etc, a friend of mine had a custom guitar built from a guy over here in silver burst and had gold hardware which just looked honestly atrocious

That sounds disgusting.

What spec did you get for your MA-2? Mine has the 401 sustainer, MBK-2, and kill switch (which came as standard for the first few apparently)

But hopefully I can get all those mods done. Otherwise, I have something else in mind, but that might not work either.

So I have a third plan in mind as well which I'm pretty sure will be possible, but it's not ideal for this guitar.

That sounds disgusting.

What spec did you get for your MA-2? Mine has the 401 sustainer, MBK-2, and kill switch (which came as standard for the first few apparently)

But hopefully I can get all those mods done. Otherwise, I have something else in mind, but that might not work either.

So I have a third plan in mind as well which I'm pretty sure will be possible, but it's not ideal for this guitar.

Mine has the 401, MBK-2 and Killswitch as well, was tossing up the idea of the fuzz factory but figured i don't really need one and the 401 sustainer seemed more like something i'd be using

Speaking of it, just got an email from Manson and it's going to arrive on Tuesday, I've never been so excited! All i need now is my replacement power supply to hurry up and arrive for my whammy and my new setup is ready to go!

Mine has the 401, MBK-2 and Killswitch as well, was tossing up the idea of the fuzz factory but figured i don't really need one and the 401 sustainer seemed more like something i'd be using

Speaking of it, just got an email from Manson and it's going to arrive on Tuesday, I've never been so excited! All i need now is my replacement power supply to hurry up and arrive for my whammy and my new setup is ready to go!

Yeah I like that configuration in most cases, but prefer the MBK-3 in these guitars. Did yours include the hard case? And that's cool. What guitars have you got now?

Welcome to our brothel club... you're never leaving :stunned:

Yeah I like that configuration in most cases, but prefer the MBK-3 in these guitars. Did yours include the hard case? And that's cool. What guitars have you got now?

Welcome to our brothel club... you're never leaving :stunned:

I haven't heard the difference in either pickup properly really as i've only just started getting the money to seriously look into getting a manson for myself :LOL: Yeah mine's with the hard case, $360aud to ship it with one but very worth it for it to get here in one piece!

I've recently sold my Fender Tele and my Les Paul in order to afford this and the mountain of pedals i recently bought to redo my pedal board, but I still have my Gibson SG and a Takamime D Series acoustic for all my acoustic looping needs

YAY IM PART OF SOMETHING!!!!

I suppose I can forgive you. After all, your guitar probably still has my DNA on it...

Sounds good about the pedals. I suppose I should send you my address before you send them.

Also, as for the sustainiac, that's weird that it's weaker. Try replacing the battery too - I've always found that the sustainiac is TOO strong... to the point of squealing etc

Oh, no, the squealing is definitely there. It's actually quite hard to use it without it squealing uncontrollably to be honest, so I have to be quite careful when I flick that on. That's down to the aluminium though, and it does still work, and gives some nice effects with the trem as well obviously, I just have to pay attention when I'm trying to use it. The Fernandes in the MB-1 is a lot more forgiving, and more responsive, but I think that's down to it being a fixed bridge, and the pickup being raised higher up.

Everything else on the guitar works magnificently. Found a few cool extra effects in there too. If you have the Fuzz Factory on, and turn the magnetic volume down just slightly, it will oscillate even if you use the kill switch, which means you can create oscillating stutter effects between the pitch of the note you're playing going through the fuzz, and the oscillating pitch when you mute the sound, if that makes sense. If the magnetic volume knob is rolled up to 100%, then the kill switch affects the fuzz like normal too.

Also cool is that the internal fuzz only affects the magnetic, not piezo, so I can play a soft acoustic intro to something, and (with the fuzz already on), switch straight to a heavy fuzz distortion, just by switching from piezo to magnetic. Plenty of cool stuff like that anyway. I'll be experimenting more with the Midi side of things once I have a couple of the switches sorted out.

I also threw this together - from concept to design to reality. I eventually received it on 20th September 2014.

CustomFromConceptToReality_zpsf363a279.png

Archived