matthijs

I hope you're referring to that cheap acoustic :stunned:

Did you ask about getting the power box for your custom?

I play my 7 strings often enough (mostly the one built by musecasters though) but I couldn't see myself playing them more than the 6 strings. Not sure why, but I guess it's because the 7th string really isn't necessary in most cases

But then I could just ignore the fact that the 7th string is there, so I don't know.

Good point about the tuning though

Of course, haha! Just landed in Thailand today anyway, so that guitar's not my problem anymore. Just seeing the place I might be living in for a bit when I move over here though. No idea how the fuck I'm meant to get my amp down here, never mind being able to use it, there's quite a few people living in the same complex, and I'd need to have it super quiet I guess. Will figure out the details later anyway.

Custom already receives power for all the MIDI stuff, and there's no point really trying to complicate it even further. I did ask about it at one point, in terms of the sustainer, but it really sounded like it would just be unnecessarily complicated, and already having two input jacks with a hell of a lot of stuff coming going, it would be difficult to do anything else without adding another, which I just wouldn't be able to put up with.

Yeah, I think if I had a 7 string with a fixed bridge, I'd maybe play it less, but having it as my main trem guitar plus all the other features is going to mean it gets its time to shine, no pun intended. I get what crazybobbles is saying, thicker strings do obviously make a difference to the trem if you're used to it being super wobbly, but I've tested 7 string trems before just be sure, and I was pretty comfortable with the result. It's not quite as versatile obviously, but it all comes down to compromise in the end, and I was happy enough. I've only got 10-46 on the main six strings though, it'll be the low 60 which adds a bit extra.

Of course, haha! Just landed in Thailand today anyway, so that guitar's not my problem anymore. Just seeing the place I might be living in for a bit when I move over here though. No idea how the fuck I'm meant to get my amp down here, never mind being able to use it, there's quite a few people living in the same complex, and I'd need to have it super quiet I guess. Will figure out the details later anyway.

Custom already receives power for all the MIDI stuff, and there's no point really trying to complicate it even further. I did ask about it at one point, in terms of the sustainer, but it really sounded like it would just be unnecessarily complicated, and already having two input jacks with a hell of a lot of stuff coming going, it would be difficult to do anything else without adding another, which I just wouldn't be able to put up with.

Yeah, I think if I had a 7 string with a fixed bridge, I'd maybe play it less, but having it as my main trem guitar plus all the other features is going to mean it gets its time to shine, no pun intended. I get what crazybobbles is saying, thicker strings do obviously make a difference to the trem if you're used to it being super wobbly, but I've tested 7 string trems before just be sure, and I was pretty comfortable with the result. It's not quite as versatile obviously, but it all comes down to compromise in the end, and I was happy enough. I've only got 10-46 on the main six strings though, it'll be the low 60 which adds a bit extra.

Welcome back Bs.

So are you not going to be able to use your amp at all? (referring to the different voltage).

That makes sense I guess, but how many batteries does it have?

What tuning are you going to be using? If it's being tuned lower than B, then I'd probably get something heavier than a .060 to be honest... the .070 I have on one of mine works great for a low A.

Also, just found this. Much more impressive than that replica someone built out of mud and particle board.

1390151225m_DISPLAY.jpg

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/379287

I saw the headstock picture yesterday - looks nice. What was the full spec? From the picture of the body they posted a while back, it looks like it will have a floyd rose, MIDI strip, and maybe a few other things?

You pretty much got it covered there. I did ask for a FF too, but looking at that picture of the body they hadn't cut it. But not long until we find out now anyways.

It'll have a volume but no tone control. 2 P90s in the bridge and Fernandes 401, and a kill button.:eek:

James, I would still use my amp whenever I could I think, I just might have to leave the volume pedal down about a third or something, just so I don't disturb people when I'm playing, at least while I'd be here, which might be a couple of years until I could get somewhere a bit more private maybe. Not sure. I've got all those effects and so on for a reason though, so I'd definitely be using them all still, I'd just need to set it up a bit quieter than normal.

Custom is having 10-46 plus a low 60 in AEADGBE. Again, it's a compromise in terms of not leaving the trem completely immobile, but I think it should be okay. I've tried to find the right balance with everything as I've gone along, but if anything needs to be tweaked, there's always the option. It's got three batteries - one which powers both piezo and fuzz factory, as they draw so little current each, and then two for the sustainer, to give it longer before I need to change them, as I use the sustainer a lot already.

You're going to have fun with the sustainer and floyd rose.

T5ynQQgWBbs

I haven't quite figured out how to do something useful with it, but it's fun at least.

Is that works #37? EDIT: Forgot it has a ToM bridge

About the string gauges a few posts ago - I put 10-52s instead of the (I think) 9-46s on my strat and there's not much difference in how bendy the tremolo is, might be different for a floyd rose though

James, I would still use my amp whenever I could I think, I just might have to leave the volume pedal down about a third or something, just so I don't disturb people when I'm playing, at least while I'd be here, which might be a couple of years until I could get somewhere a bit more private maybe. Not sure. I've got all those effects and so on for a reason though, so I'd definitely be using them all still, I'd just need to set it up a bit quieter than normal.

Custom is having 10-46 plus a low 60 in AEADGBE. Again, it's a compromise in terms of not leaving the trem completely immobile, but I think it should be okay. I've tried to find the right balance with everything as I've gone along, but if anything needs to be tweaked, there's always the option. It's got three batteries - one which powers both piezo and fuzz factory, as they draw so little current each, and then two for the sustainer, to give it longer before I need to change them, as I use the sustainer a lot already.

nice

don't the newer mesa amps have headphone outputs?

Is that works #37? EDIT: Forgot it has a ToM bridge

About the string gauges a few posts ago - I put 10-52s instead of the (I think) 9-46s on my strat and there's not much difference in how bendy the tremolo is, might be different for a floyd rose though

edit: 25 actually. 26 belongs to blue manson guy

and that depends how you have it set, but it should make a difference. it'll make a noticeable difference with a floyd rose anyway, as those are usually floating unless you have a 1971 quarter below it...

That's weird.

You're going to have fun with the sustainer and floyd rose.

I haven't quite figured out how to do something useful with it, but it's fun at least.

You can do this too with your custom, Bs.

Oh? Does it misbehave? I kind of thought that it would be a winning combo.

No idea - I don't think mine does though anyway. Plus it's probably better not to completely deafen myself, haha!

What, with the headphone output? I've had a Mesa with a headphone output, and it was quite usable. I believe it disables the power amp section though.

Oh? Does it misbehave? I kind of thought that it would be a winning combo.

No not at all, I just haven't done anything creative with it.

never5get

What, with the headphone output? I've had a Mesa with a headphone output, and it was quite usable. I believe it disables the power amp section though.

Ah, I don't know, but I don't think the LSS has anything like that anyway.

Ah, I don't know, but I don't think the LSS has anything like that anyway.

I think you are right. The one I mentioned was a DC-3 from the late 90's (?) so maybe they realized it was a useless feature (in most cases) by the time your amp was released.

Or something.

:shifty:

What pedals are on your shopping list for when you return to the UK?

Hahaha! It looks so much more batshit crazy than I imagined. Amazing!

I'll email them about the Fuzz now. Maybe there's a reason, or if it's just an oversight, fuck it. At least I'll save a bit of dollar.

If they can still do it, awesome.

Looks a bit like what went into mine to be honest! :LOL:

Lots. :ninja:

Do tell.

And yeah, sounds about right. 25 MB-1s use the same amount of electronics as one Bs-1.

Did you get any pictures of the wiring by any chance?

Hahaha! It looks so much more batshit crazy than I imagined. Amazing!

I'll email them about the Fuzz now. Maybe there's a reason, or if it's just an oversight, fuck it. At least I'll save a bit of dollar.

If they can still do it, awesome.

just tape this to it

FuzzFactory.jpg

Do tell.

And yeah, sounds about right. 25 MB-1s use the same amount of electronics as one Bs-1.

Did you get any pictures of the wiring by any chance?

Not once it was all in the guitar, no - I'll see if I can get some when I get it maybe, though it depends how much I can tear myself away from playing it, haha! Pedals-wise, I need to wait and see for sure yet, I need to make sure I have the funds, but all will be revealed in due course. I have a list of stuff I want to get, but I need to at least get to next week and see where I am in terms of my bank account and stuff. Off to France this weekend anyway. Just over 4 weeks to go until I can make some sweet sweet noise, haha!

Not once it was all in the guitar, no - I'll see if I can get some when I get it maybe, though it depends how much I can tear myself away from playing it, haha! Pedals-wise, I need to wait and see for sure yet, I need to make sure I have the funds, but all will be revealed in due course. I have a list of stuff I want to get, but I need to at least get to next week and see where I am in terms of my bank account and stuff. Off to France this weekend anyway. Just over 4 weeks to go until I can make some sweet sweet noise, haha!

Sounds good. Let me know if you need any bondage gear cables again.

And I wouldn't recommend taking the back plate off that guitar to be honest (as much as I want to see it). First, one of the boards could be attached to the back plate (I think two of mine are like this) and there's quite a lot crammed in there...

tumblr_lrla4uhgx21qfqcmfo1_500.gif

Sounds good. Let me know if you need any bondage gear cables again.

And I wouldn't recommend taking the back plate off that guitar to be honest (as much as I want to see it). First, one of the boards could be attached to the back plate (I think two of mine are like this) and there's quite a lot crammed in there...

tumblr_lrla4uhgx21qfqcmfo1_500.gif

Haha, yeah, the fuzz factory would be at least, I think, so I'd be a bit reluctant to open it up.

Also, I think I actually have too many cables now, I had a load spare last time I looked - probably went overboard last time unfortunately. If anyone needs some, do let me know, haha!

Archived