matthijs

I was going to offer a single twix bar as well, but I guess they might take that offer seriously.

I'd go just to get a look at it really (wouldn't touch it though, as I'd end up bidding) but I have no idea if they allow anyone to walk in on the day of the auction. It says appointments can be made to view it prior to that, but then I would miss all the action...

Crazybobbles, yeah, the main reason I was trying to correct you is that everything you're talking about was before the bridge was redone completely. It's basically Magic Bridge v.2.0 in the finished guitar - all the saddles had to be redone from scratch to get it right, so all the problems it went through prior to that are irrelevant now. Just setting the record straight.

That sheep guitar is fantastic! :LOL:

Bs should now do his own replica of that, in which every sheep on the finish is actually a toggle for some effect.

Each one would baa at a different pitch. The strings are just there for show. :ninja:

Well, my guitar is officially complete. Even though I finally picked it up a couple of weeks ago, there were still a few things that weren't quite right, so I took it back down to the shop yesterday to get it all sorted out. It's perfect now. The switches are all now as I intended them to be, and the sustainer squealing has gone, so I can finally use that properly too. I've never felt so in tune with a musical instrument before, it really is incredible how comfortable and responsive it feels to everything I want it to do. All the effects compliment it really well, and there's such a great overall balance to it, with a great core sound to go with it.

I really couldn't be happier with it. It definitely turned a few heads in the shop, which was quite cool, and Adrian was already trying to persuade me to get another one done, haha! That's not going to happen, but it was cool to be able to let them know how good it is in person after everything we went through to get it done. All the planning really paid off, which I'm really glad about. I can't imagine playing anything else now, and even picking up the MB-1 felt really weird.

I've got my certificate now too, so it's all over. Very happy.

Bs?

Oh, dear...

Oh, and to the post above, they're pretty close from what I heard yesterday...

Well, my guitar is officially complete. Even though I finally picked it up a couple of weeks ago, there were still a few things that weren't quite right, so I took it back down to the shop yesterday to get it all sorted out. It's perfect now. The switches are all now as I intended them to be, and the sustainer squealing has gone, so I can finally use that properly too. I've never felt so in tune with a musical instrument before, it really is incredible how comfortable and responsive it feels to everything I want it to do. All the effects compliment it really well, and there's such a great overall balance to it, with a great core sound to go with it.

I really couldn't be happier with it. It definitely turned a few heads in the shop, which was quite cool, and Adrian was already trying to persuade me to get another one done, haha! That's not going to happen, but it was cool to be able to let them know how good it is in person after everything we went through to get it done. All the planning really paid off, which I'm really glad about. I can't imagine playing anything else now, and even picking up the MB-1 felt really weird.

I've got my certificate now too, so it's all over. Very happy.

Oh, dear...

Oh, and to the post above, they're pretty close from what I heard yesterday...

That's the beauty of a custom guitar :) when you design way you like it, you'll be happy with it. Unless you're a TERRIBLE a guitar designer and feel like relicing a guitar or adding lasers to a guitar is a good idea

Archived