matthijs

Well, my guitar is officially complete. Even though I finally picked it up a couple of weeks ago, there were still a few things that weren't quite right, so I took it back down to the shop yesterday to get it all sorted out. It's perfect now. The switches are all now as I intended them to be, and the sustainer squealing has gone, so I can finally use that properly too. I've never felt so in tune with a musical instrument before, it really is incredible how comfortable and responsive it feels to everything I want it to do. All the effects compliment it really well, and there's such a great overall balance to it, with a great core sound to go with it.

I really couldn't be happier with it. It definitely turned a few heads in the shop, which was quite cool, and Adrian was already trying to persuade me to get another one done, haha! That's not going to happen, but it was cool to be able to let them know how good it is in person after everything we went through to get it done. All the planning really paid off, which I'm really glad about. I can't imagine playing anything else now, and even picking up the MB-1 felt really weird.

I've got my certificate now too, so it's all over. Very happy.

VIDEOS :D

That's the beauty of a custom guitar :) when you design way you like it, you'll be happy with it. Unless you're a TERRIBLE a guitar designer and feel like relicing a guitar or adding lasers to a guitar is a good idea

Precisely the reason why my customs are based off existing guitars.

Well, my guitar is officially complete. Even though I finally picked it up a couple of weeks ago, there were still a few things that weren't quite right, so I took it back down to the shop yesterday to get it all sorted out. It's perfect now. The switches are all now as I intended them to be, and the sustainer squealing has gone, so I can finally use that properly too. I've never felt so in tune with a musical instrument before, it really is incredible how comfortable and responsive it feels to everything I want it to do. All the effects compliment it really well, and there's such a great overall balance to it, with a great core sound to go with it.

I really couldn't be happier with it. It definitely turned a few heads in the shop, which was quite cool, and Adrian was already trying to persuade me to get another one done, haha! That's not going to happen, but it was cool to be able to let them know how good it is in person after everything we went through to get it done. All the planning really paid off, which I'm really glad about. I can't imagine playing anything else now, and even picking up the MB-1 felt really weird.

I've got my certificate now too, so it's all over. Very happy.

Oh, dear...

Oh, and to the post above, they're pretty close from what I heard yesterday...

It certainly seems that way.

Good to hear about your custom anyway. Let's see the certificate :ninja: What Works custom # is it? Assuming it's only one number.

Why wouldn't you want to go through this whole experience again? I realize it might not be worth it if you don't have magic bridge man making a contribution though.

This guitar certainly had that same effect on me when I saw it. Although, it was more of a case of not being able to look away :facepalm:

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/co6c/imageymz

I can get videos and a certificate photo done next week - it's Works #20 for those who are interested. James, it's not that I wouldn't want to go through the process again - I'd happily have another guitar that plays like this one, but financially, it's a one-off really. My set up's complete and I have other things to consider in terms of saving up money now, so that will be it really. Adrian did joke that if we did a second one, he might have to insist on it having a fixed bridge though, haha! If I had loads of money to hand and other ideas for what I needed, maybe I'd do it, but it was designed to be the only one, and I think it will stay that way.

I can get videos and a certificate photo done next week - it's Works #20 for those who are interested. James, it's not that I wouldn't want to go through the process again - I'd happily have another guitar that plays like this one, but financially, it's a one-off really. My set up's complete and I have other things to consider in terms of saving up money now, so that will be it really. Adrian did joke that if we did a second one, he might have to insist on it having a fixed bridge though, haha! If I had loads of money to hand and other ideas for what I needed, maybe I'd do it, but it was designed to be the only one, and I think it will stay that way.

So you don't think you'll change anything with your setup now? What happens with the amp when you move to Thailand?

The FF7 arrived yesterday, so I'll be trying your settings a bit later.

Nope, no plans to change anything now. The amp will have to be shipped. Not sure about the pedalboards yet. I could get them on the plane in the hold as oversized luggage, but with two guitars as well, it's a lot to carry on either end. Otherwise, I'll have to wait for them to be shipped too. I need to figure it out at the end of the winter really. FF7 is awesome so enjoy. :)

Nope, no plans to change anything now. The amp will have to be shipped. Not sure about the pedalboards yet. I could get them on the plane in the hold as oversized luggage, but with two guitars as well, it's a lot to carry on either end. Otherwise, I'll have to wait for them to be shipped too. I need to figure it out at the end of the winter really. FF7 is awesome so enjoy. :)

Bs

Does the serial # on the back of your pedal not match the one written on the outside of the box? my pedal says A 083, and the box says B 038

I must admit I am massively tempted to get myself a MA-2 evo, really shouldn't but I am tempted considering they do seem pretty good value for money but I could do with a new car. Ah the dilemmas of life head vs heart and what not :LOL:

I do wish I had disposable income!

I must admit I am massively tempted to get myself a MA-2 evo, really shouldn't but I am tempted considering they do seem pretty good value for money but I could do with a new car. Ah the dilemmas of life head vs heart and what not :LOL:

I'm planning on getting one... eventually. Got too much stuff I need to buy just now though :facepalm:

James, my vexter fuzz factory has different serial numbers on the pedal and the box. Might just be something that happens with zvex pedals

i just bought an MA-2 EVO like 3 weeks ago and have had it for about 2 weeks now and even in just that short space of time i've started a savings account for a new fully custom Manson eventually as it is the best guitar i have ever played hands down

i just bought an MA-2 EVO like 3 weeks ago and have had it for about 2 weeks now and even in just that short space of time i've started a savings account for a new fully custom Manson eventually as it is the best guitar i have ever played hands down

That's what I worry about it seems buying a Manson guitar is like starting hard drugs, it's a long slippery downhill road where eventually you have no money and your surrounded by the stuff :LOL:

James, my vexter fuzz factory has different serial numbers on the pedal and the box. Might just be something that happens with zvex pedals

That's weird. Is it a sticker or handwritten? I didn't get the box with my vexter FF, but I know they use stickers on both the pedals and boxes with those.

I knew this would happen, but I'm not surprised one bit.

What do you have in mind for a custom?

That's what I worry about it seems buying a Manson guitar is like starting hard drugs, it's a long slippery downhill road where eventually you have no money and your surrounded by the stuff :LOL:

I've been known to have a fort built out of hiscox cases.

That's weird. Is it a sticker or handwritten? I didn't get the box with my vexter FF, but I know they use stickers on both the pedals and boxes with those.

Yeah its a sticker on both. It could have been a mix up in the shop I bought the pedal from though.

I've already planned what I'd want for a custom as well :facepalm::LOL:

James - That's weird, my FF7 is A091, I think, and it's definitely the same on the box. Even my normal Vexter one that I sent out to you had the right serial on the box. Maybe it's an American thing! :chuckle:

[HIDDEN=ALSO...]_DSC0212_zps00f641b6.jpg[/HIDDEN]

I guess that depends how you look at it :ninja: I guess it wasn't intentionally weight relieved, so...

But it was intentionally routed for those electronics. Does that count?

Bs, I hope you don't lose sleep over this.

Oh and Jaicen, check the Human Gear thread... there's something going on in there that you might find interesting.

I knew this would happen, but I'm not surprised one bit.

What do you have in mind for a custom?

Not entirely sure yet.

Couple of quick spec ideas at the moment

Same body shape as a MoC

either a Cracked Mirror finish but with a rather specific idea of a pattern i have in mind or a red carbon finish

Killswitch

Midi Pad

Single Coil Sustainer (i find the humbuckers just do not look as nice)

MBK-3 in the bridge position

Black volume and tone knob

Black custom hardware tuners

If I had the red carbon idea it would look very similar to Matts red carbon that he trashed over the stadium tour, but if i get the mirror im not sure whether i would get it with the MIDI pad or a tremolo arm on it, either way i'm in very early stages of starting to think about what i want!

and i don't know whether Manson would do one or not on a custom but i was considering saying fuck it and getting them to add a built in automated tuning system

James, I've been keeping tabs on the thread, impressed at the rapid turnaround. Prepare to see a load of Animatos pop up on eBay as owners try to recoup their investment before the inevitable price crash.

Damn

If I ever sold mine, the only person that would buy it for the high price would be a Muse fan who HAS to have the hyper music pedal.

They won't do the moc shape outside of sig models. They don't seem to have too much control on how the mirror cracks either. You could go red carbon ma evo

Auto tuning system......?

But isn't the EVO all contoured, and the carbon has to be put on a slab body?

I wouldn't get the auto tuning system. I think the only real reason Matt got that on the mirror X-Y is because it had a strat style bridge, and he was intending to use it like a floyd rose (I imagine he wanted a floyd rose on that guitar originally, but it wouldn't fit because of the X-Y)

Not sure about the one before that, though.

They won't do the moc shape outside of sig models. They don't seem to have too much control on how the mirror cracks either. You could go red carbon ma evo

Auto tuning system......?

that's what i meant, as close to moc as possible, MA obviously being as close as i can get

like this one http://musewiki.org/Tronical_PowerTune_Automatic_Guitar_Tuning_System

Damn

But isn't the EVO all contoured, and the carbon has to be put on a slab body?

I wouldn't get the auto tuning system. I think the only real reason Matt got that on the mirror X-Y is because it had a strat style bridge, and he was intending to use it like a floyd rose (I imagine he wanted a floyd rose on that guitar originally, but it wouldn't fit because of the X-Y)

Not sure about the one before that, though.

like i said before, very early days on ideas, they're just little things i've been jotting down on a list for ideas

yeah i'm still a bit iffy with it, but i think if i could get decent one put in it could be quite a useful addition

Archived