Not sure why this discussion is going on given everything so far has indicated a relatively standard album in terms of rock content (having said that I had no idea there would be MuseStep on T2L until the album trailer was released).

Suffice to say that if Muse did end up doing something barmy like rap or even dubstep stuff all over again, I'd probably be cool with it - if they go properly batshit mental about it. One of the things I didn't like about Unsustainable was that it didn't really push the limitations of the whammy or the heavy bass stuff, and the second half of the song was practically a repeat of the first

I really, really like T2L, but a little part of me always wonders if I had such a good first impression because of how much my hopes were crushed after hearing all the descriptions of the songs...

I'm not sure quite how I'm still as excited as I am after all the ACDC/classic rock insinuations, either.

In a positive or negative way?

Horrific is used in a positive way? I guess, I mean, unless you're describing horror films...

better than bee puns

I so much hate that this is true.

Horrific is used in a positive way? I guess, I mean, unless you're describing horror films

It depends on one's personal point of view. In Italian "youth slang" some adjectives of that kind could have a "bipolar" meaning. For example: "This album is terrifying!" ("Questo album è terrificante!") could be used in a positive way to describe the enormous greatness of an album you find positively impressive. :happy:

EDIT: Just forget my first paragraph up here, Serpent... I've studied all day long, I'm about to doze off and I don't even know what the heck I'm writing... Sorry for this. :facepalm:

By the way, the reactions to my thought-provoking post about Matt possibly doing distorted rap over the riff heard in the IG video are not what I intended to cause, but they're simply priceless! :D

Funk is anything by Nile Rodgers, Chic, Delegation, Sister Sledge, Parliament, Earth Wind and Fire, etc etc

Dude...that's disco, this is funk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RRWI6O57IE

Really hoping that there's no rapping on this - would love to hear a few screams every now and then (but not dominating the tracks), we've heard Matt do it (even sometimes he might've been taking the piss). This pic makes me very happy:

Dude...that's disco, this is funk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RRWI6O57IE

Really hoping that there's no rapping on this - would love to hear a few screams every now and then (but not dominating the tracks), we've heard Matt do it (even sometimes he might've been taking the piss). This pic makes me very happy:

Lol dude what are you talking about? Did you even look up the artists I named? Superstition is hardly funk compared to the artists I named. Funk is characterized by heavy rhythmic bass lines. Superstition doesn't have prominent "funk" bass; it is funk but it's only barely so

Was gonna check the last few pages for possible news, but seeing as it has descended into discussion about semantics, that tells me all I need to know.

Well, mostly just plain honest misreading this time.

Except we've established no one really knows what qualifies as "funk."

I had to listen to that last IG vid real quiet as I was in public... but were there actually vocals in there, distorted or no?

I don't hear that at all.

Well, mostly just plain honest misreading this time.

Except we've established no one really knows what qualifies as "funk."

I hold my hands up, I guess before now I would have thought I knew what funk was, now i'm not so sure. Superstition by Stevie Wonder? :stunned:

Archived