Big Freeze vs. Guiding Light

canuckmuser14

Big Freeze or Guiding Light  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Big Freeze or Guiding Light

• Big Freeze
    • Guiding Light

So. First Muse post for me on the message board! Been a long time fan, but never really got into the message boards. I figured I'd make this my first post. I think Big Freeze and Guiding Light are both equally awesome songs. The emotion Matt conveys when he sings these songs is wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

This poll really surprises me, well not the part about Guiding Light, that was a bit hard to get to like, but actually I think Big Freeze is one of the best songs of muse :) I also thought it was quite accessible, so I figured many people would like it, certainly not dislike it as the 'least good' song on the album (that would be Save Me imo...)

• 5 months later...

Actually... I like both. And Explorers too!

I've never heard a song by Muse which I don't like.

BUT

Guiding Light took me a while to like, but that's mainly because my phone rarely played it. The solo makes me laugh, because of that behind the scenes video.

As for Big Freeze, I started liking it as soon as I heard it.

Explorers is relaxing.

I don't understand why people don't like these songs as much... Is it because they're used to their older songs? I don't really know.

I'm a VERY new fan, I only started listening to them this year, when some people kept convincing me to listen to their music.

Does this change the way I hear their music? Because I heard their newer stuff first? Who knows. All that matters to me is that I love their songs.

Sorry this is very long

I don't understand people who don't understand why someone would dislike a song.

Especially when loads of reasons have been mentioned in just these few pages.

Because everything Muse do has to be awesome by default, if you don't agree you're not a real fan.

Only thing holding Big Freeze back for me are those horribly cringey backing vocals in the verses, they actually make hard for me to listen to it. If they weren't there, it'd probably be one of my most played songs on the album.

Archived