Big Freeze vs. Guiding Light

canuckmuser14

Big Freeze or Guiding Light  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Big Freeze or Guiding Light

• Big Freeze
    • Guiding Light

I don't understand people who don't understand why someone would dislike a song.

Especially when loads of reasons have been mentioned in just these few pages.

Exactly.

And they're both candidates for "Worst shit Matt has ever written".

I can completely understand the concept of someone not liking something that I do, but this board has a real habit of telling people something is "shit" just because they don't like it.

That's where it starts. :LOL:

It's also really unusual that someone says WHY they don't like something, other than "it's shit" - which neither song really truly is - and then everyone jumps on the "I don't want to like it if it's shit!" bandwagon.

Anyways, I like Big Freeze... but only if I'm ALREADY in a good mood. I find it annoying as fuck when I'm pissy.

And Guiding Light was actually good live.

Big Freeze. The chorus is nice, and I can at least have fun with it.

Guiding Light is just dull.

I actually really like Big Freeze, it has a nice melody, it's bouncy and has an enjoyable solo, I don't understand why it's disliked so much. Explorers is far more bland and cringey.

As for Guiding Light it's just bland, uneventful and cliche. I will admit I enjoy watching it come together on the making-of DVD though, the solo is enjoyable in that context too.

Big Freeze doesn't have that blasted synth.

GL :D

If it wasn't for "Impure hearts stuuuuuummmble" Id vote for Big Freeze

This is just from the first two pages, and most of the other comments are just "I prefer Guiding Light" or "I prefer Big Freeze". If you look in the actual thread for GL, you will find even more explanations to why people don't like it. It's really not that hard and people who ask why are simply not even trying to find out.

EDIT: In fact, I'd say most people who dislike it have explained why at least once. it just feels pointless to have to explain why you dislike it every time you mention it.

EDIT: In fact, I'd say most people who dislike it have explained why at least once. it just feels pointless to have to explain why you dislike it every time you mention it.

I could say it feels just as pointless to keep pointing out that they hate the songs, too, though. :(

I feel poor GL really needs a break. It's been a long time. :LOL:

I could say it feels just as pointless to keep pointing out that they hate the songs, too, though. :(

Not for as long as Muse keep playing it. And now that they don't, it's mostly just jokes about how awful it would be if it returned anyway.

Did they really play GL that much? Can't say I followed the non-US sets much, and I think it was played like twice in the US.

It was played around 60 times or something iirc. Can't bother to check setlist.fm.

EDIT: Damn, pretty close.

It was in one of the two TR tour "rarity" slots, wasn't it?

Again, didn't follow many other shows, but heard it wasn't the norm.

Some shows got Bliss, or CE, or RBS... I got FG and GL. :LOL:

It was shuffled with MK Ultra... sometimes.

Bliss and CE showed up like twice.

RBS a few times but again not much.

It was in one of the two TR tour "rarity" slots, wasn't it?

Again, didn't follow many other shows, but heard it wasn't the norm.

Some shows got Bliss, or CE, or RBS... I got FG and GL. :LOL:

No! :noey:

My favourite gigs are when they didn't play GL. :twitchy:

I actually rather like Big Freeze. Maybe it's because I was a teen during the 80's and it brings back embarassing, fun memories. :$ It sounds more like INXS to me than U2, but whatever. It cracks me up and something that can make me smile, well, I like.

Guiding Light is just pure, unadulterated cheese. And not the kind of cheese that people say, "ooh, that cheesy goodness." It's cheesy badness. It comes on after The Groove when I have Muse (all songs) on the iPod. I hear that freakin' drum and start saying, "no, no, No, NO!" and can't change it fast enough. :LOL: When I endured Guiding Light in concert (and we didn't even have the salty confetti!), I looked around at the crowd. Bored, bored, bored.

Archived