What is your favourite track on The 2nd Law?

Jimmyneutron

What is your favourite track on The 2nd Law?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite track on The 2nd Law?

Madness. I remember voting for it in a "predict your favourite track from the 2nd Law" prior to the single/album being out because Muse first single from the album has always been one of the best tracks of the album, except maybe for Uno. I mean,

Uno- Plug in Baby- Stockholm Syndrome- Supermassive Black Hole- Uprising.

When the album came out for some time I thought I had had it wrong, but no- I love Madness the most. Animals is a close second.

Plug in Baby, SMBH and Uprising are hardly among the best songs of their albums.

I think it depends how you look at it. Since I happen to like catchy songs I appreciate all those songs a lot. SMBH is one of my all time top 10 Muse songs anyway, so it's a no-brainer for me. I myself am a little bored with Plug in Baby sometimes, but the fact remains that it's hard to find many more memorable riffs or choruses in Muse's back catalogue. Uprising is a really fun, pumped-up song. I think I only prefer Exogenesis over it on TR. There's so many "very good, but not magnificent" songs on TR that its catchiness shines through.

I get that when one is in a more pensive mood other songs are more appealing, but taking those songs for what they are aimed to be (radio-friendly crowd-pleasers), they are all fantastic.

Supermassive > Assassin (studio, without the bridge) and Knights

Meh, I really like Supermassive but I don't think it's better than Knights. I'd say it's about on par with the album version of Assassin for me. If it had a better solo (closer to the live one), I'd like it a lot more though.

Madness has grown on me a lot since I first heard it (I think I remember thinking it was dogshite when I first heard it :chuckle: the solo still irks me though) but there's no way I could ever think it was the best on the album when Animals, Survival, Panic Station, Follow Me and Supremacy are on there.

Meh, I really like Supermassive but I don't think it's better than Knights. I'd say it's about on par with the album version of Assassin for me. If it had a better solo (closer to the live one), I'd like it a lot more though.

Madness has grown on me a lot since I first heard it (I think I remember thinking it was dogshite when I first heard it :chuckle: the solo still irks me though) but there's no way I could ever think it was the best on the album when Animals, Survival, Panic Station, Follow Me and Supremacy are on there.

The tone of the solo of Madness on the album is shit, obvious Brian May ripoff. It's much better live.

panic station blew me away in the early months, and I still adore it, but now that everything has calmed down survival stands out as my favourite, since it has such good memories for me of hearing for the first time, and at the olympics, and generally an awesome summer :happy:

panic station blew me away in the early months, and I still adore it, but now that everything has calmed down survival stands out as my favourite, since it has such good memories for me of hearing for the first time, and at the olympics, and generally an awesome summer :happy:

It's funny because Panic Station has become my least favourite song on the album with only Explorers being worse. At first I absolutely loved it but the guitar tone on the album is boring and lifeless. Unsustainable and Animals have held their nr 1 position since the release of the album

A very hard decision, as I love every track on the album for different reasons and I tend not to choose a favourite or vote for a favourite album/song....but If I was to pick I think it would have to be Follow Me... but again I love every other track on the album, though Follow me was a stand out.

Take a Bow, Hoodoo, City Of Delusion, Assassin, Knights and MoTP.

no, it isn't.

Supermassive > Assassin (studio, without the bridge) and Knights

It's much better than MotP, but not Knights, or even studio Assassin.

A very hard decision, as I love every track on the album for different reasons and I tend not to choose a favourite or vote for a favourite album/song....but If I was to pick I think it would have to be Follow Me... but again I love every other track on the album, though Follow me was a stand out.

:yesey:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived