What is your favourite track on The 2nd Law?

Jimmyneutron

What is your favourite track on The 2nd Law?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite track on The 2nd Law?

Animals is definitely my favourite now. I love Isolated System, but I overplayed it waay too much. Survival and Unsustainable are also in my top 5. Liquid State, Big Freeze and Save Me have all grown on me immensely, and Explorers and Panic Station I love less. Follow Me I always liked, and I enjoy Madness for what it is.

Just giving my opinion since I've been away for so long

I usually find the songs I liked at first don't end up being my favorites - but I still find myself listening to Follow Me more than the rest. Besides the fact that I genuinely like it, it gets stuck in my head too easy.

It also just cheers me up a little, which is a great thing.

I'm also finding myself skipping Animals more than I thought I would... It's a GREAT song, I just am not always in the mood for it. Whereas I'm listening to Explorers and Big Freeze WAY more than I initially did.

Possibly I'm just in a "sing-a-longy," 80s type mood...

I don't even skip Madness and Survival as much as I used to.

Going by my play count

Supremacy/Panic Station

Madness

Animals

Follow Me

Explorers

Survival

Unsustainable

Isolated System

Big Freeze

Liquid State

Save Me

I think for the most part it is accurate except for Isolated System which I rank much higher. Also this is counting my play count only after the album was released, otherwise Madness would be much much higher than the rest. Same for Survival.

Why did the poll close?

My favourite is Follow Me, because is has pretty much everything in it, including epic deep and high vocals, orchestral passages, dubstep, and the almighty synth of cheese. I believe this is the lowest Matt has ever sung in a recording.

Second would be Madness. Aside from being catchy as hell and extremely fun to play, the last third of the song is absolute gold. I would say that said last third is my favourite moment on the entire album. I love the way the gated synth drives the song from that point, and the vocals are fantastic.

If you recall, the highest note Matt has hit previously in a recording is Bb for only a second, but sustained As. In this album, It's clear he's found a place with his newer vocal style, and he can now sustain a Bb longer than he could an A. Both of the above songs include this.

Going by my play count

Interesting idea, my list would be like this then:

Animals

Panic Station

Supremacy/Liquid State

Unsustainable

Isolated System

Follow Me/Survival/Explorers/Big Freeze

Madness

Save Me

Prelude

Not even that far off, to be honest. Just a few minor changes here and there and that would be how I rank the songs.

Archived