Are there really that few people that are disappointed? My first impression is that, despite the great ones, there are just too many "eh" songs on this album for me. Matt's singing style kills it for me in a lot of places. This is weird, considering his singing is one of the things I've always liked best.

I really didn't expect the awesomeness that was Old Muse (OOS, Abso) to come back on this abum. Then I heard the E-Werk bootlegs and thought, "Wow, maybe I'm wrong, maybe this is going to be a really good album." Perhaps that change of expectations is why I'm disappointed.

Are there really that few people that are disappointed? My first impression is that, despite the great ones, there are just too many "eh" songs on this album for me. Matt's singing style kills it for me in a lot of places. This is weird, considering his singing is one of the things I've always liked best.

I really didn't expect the awesomeness that was Old Muse (OOS, Abso) to come back on this abum. Then I heard the E-Werk bootlegs and thought, "Wow, maybe I'm wrong, maybe this is going to be a really good album." Perhaps that change of expectations is why I'm disappointed.

My main issue is with the production. But most of it I'm attributing to the quality of the rips.

No, it's overproduced. I listened to the released version of Survival and the leak on Youtube and they're not THAT different.

I guess I see it differently. I'm hearing the stream versions of the released songs and they sound so flat compared to the ones I already have on my computer.

exactly...his singing is really weird..

Not sure when we'll get to hear it in the states but the reaction on this board is quite schizophrenic! I think I will have to just tune it out and see for myself when I get my hands on a copy.

I've always been one to want to hear an album for the first time with the cover in my hand so I can get the entire experience (art work, lyrics, design, etc.) while I am listening...puts me in a state where I can understand the influence and experience the CONCEPT as well as the music...

But, then again, I'm old, so.....I still remember going over liner notes from actual vinyl when it was still the main medium....

Archived